Dulwich Hamlet vs Billericay Town, Sat 30th March 2019, 3pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Bwahahaha what a div

2. E16_DHFC

E16_DHFC Active Member

Not everyone who voted to leave is a racist homophobe, please don’t link them

billbond, keith1, Jamie Wyatt and 2 others like this.
  3. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

We’d removed the stickers by 17:00 - we’re dulwich Hamlet, call us legion...

4. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

But all the racist homophobes voted leave

Own it

Ronco, scousedom and dynamicbaddog like this.
  5. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

'Ricay fans in charmless, twattish behaviour shocker...

iamwithnail likes this.
  6. editor

editor Forked with electrons

That moment when the last minute equaliser thumps into the Billericay net :)

2019-03-30_191630.jpg

7. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

Clearly proves 80% of people there aren’t interested in the game whatsoever

editor and pompeydunc like this.
  8. editor

Yep. I noticed the same disinterest all around the ground.

2019-03-31_040815.jpg

JTee likes this.
  9. editor

Their fans are awesomely bitter on Twitter.

10. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

A Ricay fan tweets about a record 3,243 crowd at Champion Hill

"Weirdest football crowd ever. Mainly kids & yummy mummies"

Truly shocking

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  11. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

yummy mummies far nicer than scummy ,chavvy mummies ! Skid Mark and Spew Kip could have been good names for a punk band in their day !

12. johnny clash

johnny clash New Member

i hear this a lot but it's not true. theresa may for one. massive racist, voted remain.

this is the wrong thread for this though, probably.

billbond and B.I.G like this.
  13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

There were so many facets to that game it's difficult to know where to start. Given that the prime objective right now is to stay up I suppose it's best to start at the end. Great fightback and climax, we're still 4 points above the bottom three, who now have one fewer match in which to catch us. We've also gone back above Hampton and Eastbourne, whose recent form has been worse than ours for some time now. At around 4.45pm the live scores table had us just 2 points above danger, but as well as our late equaliser Gloucester conceded the only goal of their game at home to Welling courtesy of ex-Hamlet defender Anthony Acheampong, while Eastbourne Borough blew a 2-1 lead to lose in the last minute at Hemel Hempstead. Hungerford are out of the bottom three for the first time in a while at Gloucester's expense after winning 3-0 at Hampton, who now look in more danger than we do; East Thurrock United remain second bottom (6 points behind ourselves) but have closed the gap with a home win. Weston now look dead and buried in bottom place after a 3-0 home defeat to Concord. With seven other teams now below us it would take a monumental cock up even by our standards to go down from here. Despite our knack of plumbing the depths at times at least it doesn't seem to occur for 90 minutes in consecutive matches, so I expect us to get over the line now.

As so often, we seemed to be OK while the scores remained goalless but as soon as we fell behind it looked like the wheels would fall off. The lack of leadership within this team is my big worry. We lost a fair amount of experience last summer, then Carew, Tomlin, Kargbo and Ming have gone since the turn of the year without really being replaced by anyone with a remotely comparable depth of experience. The opening goal came from an inswinging corner that was powerfully headed in by one of their big men arriving at the far post. Shortly after that Taylor took a knock, then had to go off a few minutes later. The second goal was a comedy of errors as a miscued clearance went high into the air and a forward anticipated Cook's attempt to head it back to the keeper, nipping in ahead of Edwards to intercept and finish smartly. Our misfortunes continued as a deliberate foul on Mascoll caused him to fall awkwardly and hurt his knee, necessitating another substitution before half time. If Billericay had kept their foot on our throat at this stage we could have been looking at another first half annihilation comparable to Oxford and Torquay, but thankfully they appeared happy to "declare", dropping deeper and slowing everything down. We forced a flurry of saves from their keeper, then the "shit Jonjo Shelvey" in their number 12 shirt decided to have a sit down and wait for "treatment" from the physio. Annoying though this is, it also cheers me when opponents do this as it always seems to play into our hands.

Much of the second half was a rather grim spectacle. Billericay barely created another real chance as their mindset changed to just seeing out the rest of the game. We got the standard tiresome spoiling and delaying tactics (keeper taking an eternity to release the ball etc.) as well as a new one I hadn't previously seen. A defender conceded a free kick on the far side from the dugouts, the substitution board was held up with his name on it, he clearly saw that and began slowly walking across the pitch, then he decided to turn back and join the defensive wall for the free kick; I don't know why the referee didn't just blow for the free kick to be taken at that point, but instead more time was wasted while he was told to leave the pitch and complete the substitution. (No other player took his place in the wall so it was clearly just a pathetic piece of gamesmanship.) Hamlet huffed and puffed in an effort to gain a foothold without really looking like scoring. There were a couple of penalty shouts as our players went down under challenges inside the box. Then with ten minutes to go Clunis darted past an opponent on the right side of the box and was clipped for a penalty. We had the usual nonsense from the other side with one of their players standing right over the ball on the spot until the referee told him to move, but Akinyemi remained unfazed to score comfortably. Suddenly there was belief that we could get something now. We've seen a few times in recent games how easily we can make life hard for ourselves when a two goal lead is halved (Eastbourne, Welling, Truro) but now the boot was on the other foot. Billericay had lost all momentum, the referee indicated 5 minutes of added time (a chunk of it doubtless allocated for the visitors' timewasting tactics) and in the last of these minutes a spell of sustained pressure ended with Vose launching a long ball into the goalmouth from wide on the left for Okuonghae to throw himself forward and bundle it into the net.

I'm finding this league a lot less entertaining than the Isthmian, although maybe that's just because it's been a difficult season with far fewer goals and victories than we've become accustomed to. The sheer level of negativity and cynicism from most opponents is exasperating. I guess there's more at stake for players who are playing for "mortgage money" rather than "beer money", and in many cases probably don't have a regular full time job beyond earning several hundred quid a week playing football. It seems to be all about "game management" and grinding out the win with a minimum of risk. Thankfully Billericay weren't very good at that and let us back into a game they really should have won with something to spare.

Team (3-5-2): Edwards - Taylor, Okuonghae(c), Chambers - Clunis, Vose, Ferguson, Mascoll, Green - Akinyemi, Thompson. subs: Cook (for Taylor), Tajbakhsh (for Mascoll), Allen, Wanadio, Onovwigun (not used).
    Att. 3,243

jnrknight, Son of Roy, Ronco and 7 others like this.
  14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

A killer point :D Game, Set, Match!

crocustim likes this.
  15. editor

16. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

17. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

This is the 2nd or 3rd time this season we've conceded a goal from a weak back pass.

18. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

yeah I don't stand by my comment - it doesn't stand up to any critique. I was drunk on a moral victory and beer.

19. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Spot on. Have to admit I left 20mins into the 2nd half as the game was so turgid. I’m really not enjoying this league. It’s not the losing more the dull football week in week out. I miss the Tuesday night games when there was a bit more space in the ground.

I’m sure we will stay up but we need to find those rough diamonds with a bit of flair and creativity (think Erhun/Reise). I see Reise is at Woking on loan shame we couldn’t get him.

Pink Panther, Taper and Nivag like this.
  20. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I honestly think teams do themselves a psychological disservice by time wasting to that extent at such an early stage in a game. Behaving like you're just hanging on when you have a comfortable two goal lead sends such a negative message and is just asking for trouble.

In the second half I actually think Billericay did press high at times for a while rather than just sit back. Any opposition manager worth their salt would have their team play that way against us as it entirely panics our fragile defence. Christ, Truro did that with nine men and got back in the game the other week. Luckily though they're managed by Maidstone legend Harry Wheeler again.

Think there's a way to go before we're out of the woods but it's good to have Eastbourne and Hampton collapsing around us. If we manage to avoid going four down in the first half at Chippenham then who knows what might be possible.

Much mirth was had observing O' Hara's new and impossibly shit lipstick kiss neck tattoo.

21. Dirty South

Dirty South Active Member

They were actually singing "Nigel Farage, he's one of your own", due to his being Dulwich College alumni.

That and "Fabricant, la la la."

I am not expecting anyone to 'like' this comment.

WillClunas, billbond and EDC like this.
  22. editor

That's not what I heard.

23. editor

24. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

At the end of the game behind the dugouts a Billericay fan insisted the referee had been influenced by the home crowd and waited until Dulwich scored the equiliser before blowing the final whistle.
    He must have forgotten the time wasted by the left back when he was apparently the only one 'able' to take a throw in and mysteriously his boot lace was undone and had to sit on the ground for a minute. I've never seen a game where all the players on the opposing team refuse to take a throw in!
    That sort of game is great value for paying fans. No wonder their attendance numbers are declining.

editor likes this.
  25. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

It's a bit like trying to look busy at work when there's nothing to do, or you're trying to avoid being delegated your least favourite task. After a while it becomes more of an effort than just getting stuck in and working properly.

Ludo likes this.
  26. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Most of them were foul throws too

WillClunas and takkforalt like this.
  27. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Ha, exactly.

28. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Some great pictures of the game
    Jamie ohara was on the radio today, talksport and had some interesting things to say, anyone else catch it ?
    Never realized he had suffered from depression and said he had for a long time and how he wasted parts of his career with his attitude.
    Also when asked said there were many Gay professional footballers but never went into it too much
    I think it was recorded pre Dulwich game but i did see this, some decent words

[​IMG]Jamie Ohara‏Verified account @Mrjamieohara1
    Jamie Ohara Retweeted Tom ⚽️

Obviously gutted that we conceded this own goal in the last kick, but what an advert for @TheNationalLge , two teams going for it and the fans showing up in numbers, best atmosphere I’ve seen in conference south so far. 5 left to stay in the playoff places

pompeydunc likes this.
  29. JSW280

JSW280 Active Member

30. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Magnus is a dude

Ludo, Poids, Taper and 2 others like this.