Dulwich Hamlet vs Bath City: Sat. 2nd Nov, 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Clearly nobody’s interested in this game then... all about buying Cup tickets?

Jimbob73 and scousedom like this.
  2. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

Cup tickets can be purchased at this game - gates opening from 12! ;)

Pink Panther likes this.
  3. technical

technical stripey

I'm bringing my 10 year old and her friend tomorrow for their first ever match. I haven't been to Champion Hill for several years - is it likely to be a sell out tomorrow? Should we get there early?

4. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

Would be surprised if it sold out. But getting down early is never a bad idea.

technical likes this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Certainly if you want a seat I’d suggest get in the queue by two...

technical likes this.
  6. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Forecast is for rain and strong winds, so don’t bring umbrellas!

technical, EDC and Pink Panther like this.
  7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I doubt there will actually be a queue of any length at 2. Personally I always aim to arrive before 2.30 to beat the queue and pick a spot on the terrace or at the front.

However the seats are unreserved and on a first come first served basis, so if you want to bag three together you probably do need to get there for around 2pm.

The other factor tomorrow is the Carlisle tickets going on general sale at noon, so the ground may well fill up a lot earlier than usual even if the attendance isn't especially large.

technical likes this.
  8. Duckula 3:16

Duckula 3:16 New Member

Hard to find a seat from around 2.30.

Do you think I should get childs ticket online to be safe, or will there be enough at the gate?

9. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Still won’t reserve you a seat.

10. technical

technical stripey

Thank you all for the advice. Here’s hoping I’ll be able to brainwash two kids into being football fans

11. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Team looks unchanged from our trip to Chelmsford.

GK - Granger
    CB’s - Smith, McCoy, Taylor
    FB’s - Barnes, Connors
    Midfield - Hunte, Chapman, Vise
    Fowards- Mills, Yusuff

12. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Dipo returns on the bench for Monlouis. Otherwise it's the same team/squad as Chelmsford, and unchanged XI for the fourth match running.

13. editor

editor hiraethified

1-1. Bosh!

14. editor

editor hiraethified

1-2. Arse.

15. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

The midfield is absolutely non-existent. How the fuck Ijaha is on the bench is beyond me.

Nivag likes this.
  16. editor

editor hiraethified

1-2 full time. Immense crowd of 2,816!

17. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

1-3 :-(

18. editor

editor hiraethified

Oh fuck.

19. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

9 league games without a win

20. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

7 points from a possible 30 in the last 10 league games, firmly bottom of the form league. Thoughts B.I.G?

21. cambelt

cambelt Well-Known Member

My girlfriend turned up 10 minutes from time to pick me and her kid up and was denied access. She wasn’t allowed in even though we went to the gate. The club needs to take a bit of a look at itself it just really does.

scousedom and Bugpowder Dust like this.
  22. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I didn’t go game. You made me see that it was better to stay at home.

#GavOut obv.

EDC likes this.
  23. Moroccan Sunset

It's a bloody shambles. We've massively increased the budget, got three training sessions a week, and nutrition plans for players, and I can't honestly say there is a discernible difference between the side that finished last season and this one. It's a massive waste of money and of the hard work put in behind the scenes.

The players we've got have strong CVs but the vast majority of them look bang average now. We didn't have a recognised centre half on the pitch for the entirity of the game today. (There's no way Quade is more of a natural centre back than a midfielder). The midfield was largely anonymous: the usual controlled passing, but absolutely inept at giving the backline any protection. Who we thought was going to do any tackling out of Vose, Chapman and Hunte is a mystery to me. Bath looked a far savvier side, which is exactly what the signings of the streetwise Ijaha, Mills, Smith and Orlu were meant to make us. (Ijaha we put on the bench, Smith we've moved to centre half (despite him being a central midfielder), and Orlu is so injury-prone he makes Magnus Okuonghae look like an ever-present.)

The FA Cup run is a brilliant achievement and I'm not taking anything away from that, but I feel it's helped to paper over several cracks. Things have improved compared to the embarrassing performances against Dorking and Maidstone a couple of months ago, but we still look painfully soft and average, despite having a pretty good budget. Some of the signings and selections are just baffling too.

I honestly think we're in Wenger territory now, but we can't do anything to change it. We're flushing a lot of money down the can.

Lucy Fur, crocustim, editor and 6 others like this.
  24. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Agree with the previous comments. You can't take anything away from Bath though, they are a very good team and they move the ball very quickly by playing one touch. We always take 2 or 3 touches before we pass and it's slow and predictable. Thought McCoy had a good game.

Cat Daisy likes this.
  25. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Back home and a bit pissed but hard to argue against any of the above.

Weather was atrocious in the first half but Bath ground out a goal when their attacker got the better of Vose. Still not sure he is up to the task at this level but who knows what's happening behind the scenes - unusual that the club captain cant make it into the team when fit.

Hunte didn't have his best game and Chapman didn't really trouble the keeper despite at least 3 on target shots from distance.

Ijaha when he came on looked lively but nothing compared to Dipo who looked bang up for it. On that evidence he is more than worth a place on the bench on Friday, and possibly a starting place.

26. Moroccan Sunset

Completely agree re: Dipo. He looked razor sharp. Interesting that he's been away at another club for the past two months, but looked like our brightest player on his immediate return. Speaks volumes.

27. E16_DHFC

E16_DHFC Member

Their number 4 was one of the best players I’ve seen at Champion Hill in a long time

28. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

They broke well and looked a lot more incisive in the final third. The failings from last season of lack of tempo and playing the ball around at the back have resurfaced although we looked better after Ijaha and Dipo came on. Last league win was before the August Bank Holiday as far as I can tell!

29. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Weather totally atrocious - who mentioned the need for cover (Not umbrellas)

understand if players being careful not to get injured before big day on Friday
    But except for a period in the first half never looked in the game - Bath turned our defence inside out
    Undoubtedly Bath deserved to win

huge crowd 2,800 plus but with it comes problems a few newbies swearing at Bath goalkeeper etc and swearing and sexist calls in general - (booed and disapproved of by fans around) not the Dulwich Hamlet way

A young Bath fans tearing off LGBT stickers (seemed a little high) called out by other Bath fans - good to see

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  30. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Rain was going sideways under Toilets Opposite. Got wet no matter where you were. However in this life it’s not weather conditions that matter but the courage one brings to them.