Dulwich Hamlet vs Barking (London Senior Cup, Quarter Final) - Champion Hill, 8 January, 7.45pm KO

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by pompeydunc, Dec 11, 2018.

1. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

LFA website has this down for 8 January (and no longer TBC).

Pink Panther likes this.
  2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Other quarter finals are Wingate & Finchley v Brentford, Clapton v Harrow, Welling v Leyton Orient. The LFA website doesn't seem to indicate the semi-final draw for the successful quarter-finalists.

Clapton away would be good if we get through. I've never seen the Hamlet play at The Old Spotted Dog ground, yet we probably played more Isthmian League matches there than at any other away ground in the years before I began attending.

3. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Welling away. I can see it now.

4. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Didn't realise Orient & Brentford were in it

5. Pink Panther

Or Harrow!

6. Pink Panther

Think this is the first time for both. It's the Brentford B team that played us in pre-season last year, winning 1-0 at Champion Hill, and of course Orient have usurped the Hamlet as the biggest non-league club in proper London since the start of last season.

7. Pink Panther

The DHFC website reports that this match will now be played at Champion Hill on the same date at Barking's request, with half price admission at £6/£3, so that's four home games in 13 days.

Barking was one of those away trips I never looked forward to in all the years we went there regularly, but having not visited for 17 seasons I'd actually been looking forward to it.

Any particular reason for the switch of venue?

8. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Barking asked for it

9. Pink Panther

Yes, I realise that! Just curious as to why they don't wish to host the match. If we'd pulled Orient or Brentford away would we have asked them to host the match?

10. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

At a rough guess they're probably hoping a for greater share on a larger gate in a game they think they'll lose...

Just guessing

Moroccan Sunset and pompeydunc like this.
  11. pompeydunc

editor can you edit subject, so it shows Hamlet at home please?

12. Pink Panther

Technically it's still Barking's home game even though it's being played at Champion Hill, so the fixture is written correctly.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  13. WillClunas

WillClunas Well-Known Member

They've obviously not seen some of our recent London Senior Cup performances against lower tier opposition :D:facepalm:

14. editor

editor hiraethified

That's correct, but it's going to put people off going if they think the game is in Barking so i will change it. We need the biggest crowd we can get!

15. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

For the bar yes...

16. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

we will 100% win this as it is our God given right to lose in the semi final

editor and pompeydunc like this.
  17. pompeydunc

Indeed, five losses in a row in Cup semi-finals against opposition lower than us in the league. The Balham debacle was particularly galling, and demonstrated a complete lack of respect to the competition and to fans with the training intensity that was displayed for most of the game. Let's not even mention the T**ting game...

18. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

The night of rage.

303AA055-2376-4B35-A42A-525F3BEA56B0.jpeg 5549B207-8C82-4C2A-845D-A3A5F22FDCA5.jpeg

19. pompeydunc

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  20. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Bumping this up. It'd be bloody lovely to win the LSC (and avoid relegation, obviously).

Fingers crossed for a big(gish) crowd.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  21. Pink Panther

Crowds have been unreal for the last three games. We had 213 for the last match before the lock out against Harrow Borough in this cup last February, three days after pulling 2,000+ against Enfield Town in the league. Who knows what we'll get on Tuesday? Maybe 200, maybe up to 1,000?

Floodlight nights at Champion Hill!

22. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

What’s the Champion Hill record for a London Senior Cup QF then..?

And what’s the record when we’re the away team?!

23. Moroccan Sunset

Completely agree. Wouldn't it be lovely to get a big crowd for this. I've never really understood the apathy towards cup competitions, especially the LSC, the SSC (when we played in it) and the London Challenge Cup (before it was stopped): old, traditional competitions like that are part of the beauty of non-league, in my opinion.

the 12th man and WillClunas like this.
  24. Pink Panther

The apathy began in the mid-80s. When we won it in 1984 it was a Saturday competition with replays that took precedence over league matches, and attendances were at least the equal of our league matches. The following season it switched to being a midweek competition and was never the same again.

25. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

I’m in!

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  26. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Genuinely looking forward to it.

27. Moroccan Sunset

Despite our record against lower league opposition in the LSC. Enviable optimism StephenMac.

EDIT: Who am I trying to kid? I'm not as cynical as Mick O. I can't wait for this either.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    StephenMac likes this.
  28. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Floodlights, a bag of chips behind the goal, not having to make small talk with people you vaguely recognise in the bog queue, making tortuous work of lower league opposition. This one's got everything. Two sleeps to go!

29. Moroccan Sunset

This is Dulwich.

StephenMac likes this.
  30. Moroccan Sunset

I'm just absolutely amazed that the club doesn't think they'll need to sell tickets in advance for this one. The latest storylines in Holby City are absolute horseshit so they've got absolutely no competition from the telly on a Tuesday night.

YTC, the 12th man, Nivag and 2 others like this.