Dulwich Hamlet v Slough Town, Saturday 29 December 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

You wait ten months for a Hamlet home game, then two come along at once.

Another 48 hours and we can do it all again, hopefully with a similar result.

StephenMac, editor and scousedom like this.
  2. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

3,003 (official)
    57,637 (unofficial)

iamwithnail, YTC and Blitzwalker like this.
  3. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

What are ticket sales looking like for this one? Do we expect it to be as busy as yesterday? (My guess would be not quite, but still a decent attendance)

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If I get chance, I'll do a post on Buzz to see if it can help get more people down.

5. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

anything over 1,500 would be good
    worried many still wont know were playing Saturday

Slough will be no push over won 3-0 away on Boxing day, despite being down the bottom of the League along with us

Mind a few wins on the bounce and we could be in the play offs

6. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

How are you worried people don't know about it. I have not seen a set of three fixtures pushed harder by any club for a long time?!

There has been massive coverage in print, TV and online? The Southwark News carried a full page advert for the three fixtures for free.

What more could have the club done?!

...how are online sales doing?

7. YTC

YTC Human Man

Nearly 1000 online, so I think people know about it.

8. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Quick question about the entry process: if a season ticket holder is coming with a non season ticket holder, should both enter through reception, or do they need to enter at separate locations?

9. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Have just purchased 5 (4 adults, 1 child) 3 from Harlow, 1 from Bedford & another from Beckenham

Cat Daisy likes this.
  10. Matt The Cab

Hopefully the next 2 home games will be above the 2000 mark and nearer to 2500. It'll be a fantastic endorsement of what our club means to the “local community”.

On another note I was originally bemused by the choice of Eastbourne as our Boxing Day home game, as it’s usually a fixture that you’re pitted against a local rival as to boost the attendance. But after looking around the leagues at other fixtures and the crowds that turned up. I’m rather glad it wasn’t against a more local side, as they would’ve brought significant numbers. Also I very much doubt we would have exceeded half of the 3002 at Tooting.

dcdulwich likes this.
  11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

We haven’t got a local rival. Everyone closer is already paired.

dcdulwich likes this.
  12. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

It’s a good point Matt The Cab. It almost looks like everyone else was paired off and they thought, ‘oh dear, Dulwich and Eastbourne Borough - whatever’.
    As you say though, probably worked in our favour in the end.

Matt The Cab and B.I.G like this.
  13. dcdulwich

Haha. This is also true.

B.I.G likes this.
  14. dcdulwich

I’m sure I’ll be corrected if wrong but pretty sure it’s only season tickets, officials and guests through the reception entrance. Season tickets don’t have to come in via reception though so you don’t need to be split up for long.

15. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

We will get Haringey is they go up maybe. Or please please please let us have Kingstonian :)

Cyclodunc and dcdulwich like this.
  16. YTC

YTC Human Man

ST Holders can come into the ground however they like, either via turnstiles, OR along with guests and officials, via the reception entrance.

Cat Daisy, B.I.G and dcdulwich like this.
  17. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Kingstonian would be perfect, other than it meaning they'd done well this season.

18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I want then to do well. It costs money.

StephenMac likes this.
  19. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Still think we are better paired with Welling and Dartford with Eastbourne. Edge of London is easier for Eastbourne...and Welling obviously much easier for us.

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Welling.

*shudder

22. YTC

YTC Human Man

Welling get dartford.

B.I.G likes this.
  23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I love Welling. But they hate each other (Dartford) as they are rivals. Im sure the pairs will settle down over time.

24. Matt The Cab

Agree and maybe next season we'll have something better. But in these circumstances I preferred Eastbourne rather than having 500 Welling fans rock up as it meant more Dulwich supporters could attend.

It will be interesting in comparing the return match attendances on New Years day - Chelmsford at Bill n Ricky, Welling at Dartford etc..

Moroccan Sunset and Pink Panther like this.
  25. dcdulwich

Enjoyed it more the second time this season and not just due to the result. There was a bar on the far side from the main stand, which I think was owned by Erith & Belvedere FC, that was much more convivial.

editor likes this.
  26. YTC

YTC Human Man

waaaay better bar, lovely club, E+B!

Cat Daisy and editor like this.
  27. Pink Panther

But that's not best for Welling and Dartford, which is a genuine local derby with a few decades of being a regular fixture. Eastbourne had Whitehawk last season, whereas now they're about 50 miles away from anyone else so it won't make a huge difference which of the teams on the southern fringes of Greater London they get paired with. Welling got almost 2,000 on Wednesday, almost double their previous best attendance on the opening day of the season. I think clubs are asked for their first preference, so if Welling and Dartford each request the other then it's likely to happen.

Under the circumstances it worked in our favour to play someone who wasn't going to bring a large following, we're just luck we didn't get the away game on the day with no rail service.

Most of the pairs have already settled down over time, although obviously some will change depending on who goes up and down.

Dulwich Mishi and Matt The Cab like this.
  28. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I'm not sure who from the Club, as I'm not involved right now, but also included in the top gate are anyone who contacts the Club in advance who has mobility problems, seen or unseen health problems, that sort of thing...

Pink Panther likes this.
  29. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

I'm thinking about getting shot out of a cannon from the car park onto the centre circle , would that be ok ?

30. Pink Panther

Only if your ticket has been clearly displayed on the way in, otherwise you might get shot back out again!

Dulwich Mishi and chris gil like this.