1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet v Met Police 13 March (1-4 on penalties)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by the 12th man, Mar 10, 2018.

1. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

We have a Velocity Cup SF at HOME which will be played at TOOTING AND MITCHAM 19,45 kick off.

Details will be released by the club shortly!
    Dulwich Mishi and iamwithnail like this.
  2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Travelling to Tuesday’s match by public transport:

From East/North Dulwich or Peckham Rye: Half hourly train service, leaves Peckham Rye at 00 & 29 past the hour, direct to Mitcham Junction (rush hour service only, journey time 21 mins Peckham Rye to Mitcham Junction), then take the tram one stop to Mitcham. Anyone wishing to return to those stations via Mitcham Junction has two options: train to Balham, change for Streatham Common, change again for train to Dulwich stations and Peckham Rye, reasonable connections, total journey time 38 minutes; or tram from Mitcham direct to West Croydon, then take the half-hourly stopping service to London Bridge via Dulwich stations and Peckham Rye.

From Denmark Hill: Take a train to Peckham Rye, or walk/bus to East Dulwich, then proceed as above.

From Elephant & Castle, Loughborough Junction, Herne Hill: Take the half hourly Thameslink train service to Mitcham Junction, then take the tram to Mitcham. Total journey time 24 mins from Elephant.

From stations on the New Cross Gate – Norwood Junction line: Half hourly train service to East Croydon, then tram to Mitcham. Journey time approx. 50 mins from NXG.

From Gipsy Hill / Crystal Palace: Train to Balham, change for Mitcham Junction (approx. journey time 30 mins) then tram to Mitcham.

This is the link for the TFL map showing bus services around the ground:

The closest stops to the ground are Wandle Road / Bishopsford Road on routes 118 and 280. Mitcham tram stop is maybe 500 yards from the ground.

Bus 118 runs from Brixton via Streatham Hill to the ground.

Bus 201 runs from Herne Hill via West Dulwich (Croxted Road / Thurlow Park Road) and Tulse Hill. Closest stops to the ground are in Morden Road near Mitcham Tram Stop.

118 bus timetable:

118 Bus timetable

201 bus timetable:

201 Bus timetable

Elephant & Castle / Kennington / Oval / Stockwell: Take the Northern Line to Morden, then bus 118 from outside the station to the ground.

The Croydon Tramlink runs between Beckenham Junction or Elmers End to Wimbledon and stops at Mitcham:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    the 12th man likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

4. bringbackelmo

bringbackelmo Well-Known Member

Hereford's match in Bedfordshire has been called off tonight so there will be at least a few of us there in solidarity, looking forward to it.
    passenger, WIB Tim, bkbk and 3 others like this.
  5. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Annoyingly the 6:30 train from ED to Mitcham Junction was badly delayed so going the scenic route....

Ended up in a pub in Tooting trying to charge £5.90 for a pint of IPA, its more expensive out here than Lordship Lane!

(The Gorringe Park, which my autocorrect just changed to 'horrible')
  6. Pink Panther

0-0 at full time. Penalties!
  7. Pink Panther

Lost 4-1 on penalties.
  8. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

9. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Well, it was nice to see some lacrosse being played on the astroturf.
    Shame the lads couldn't convert all that possession they had.
  10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That was pretty dour all round. Good turn out though.

Getting there was super swift but coming back was a lot less fun.
  11. Pink Panther

Attendance was 210
  12. ThoughtfulGuy

ThoughtfulGuy New Member

With all the recent media coverage and the fact it was a semi-final, I predicted there to be quite a few more. Any idea why the regualr home support didn't make it?
  13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

That is the regular home support minus about 50.
  14. ThoughtfulGuy

ThoughtfulGuy New Member

In the league cups or in the league, or both? - Oh I see what you did there!
  15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Plus the Met Police brought about one fan.
    B.I.G likes this.
  16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

In the league cup. No one knows who will travel to tooting for home hames in the league :(
  17. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I don't think we would have got much more at Champion Hill, to be honest.
    I couldn't get worked up about the game, to be honest...

"Struggling With A Semi"

I couldn't get excited
    Try as hard as I might
    My heart wasn't in it
    Yet it was a semi-final last night.
    Perhaps it was the setting
    First game 'away' from Champion Hill
    Strangely even though it was at Tooting
    Not such a bitter pill.
    Forced to be a refugee
    Fleeing from our own home
    Not knowing if we'll ever return
    Or how long left to roam.
    Won't miss the final at Aveley
    Avoiding Billericay Town
    Sidestepping their entire circus
    Ringmaster Tamplin head clown.
    More importantly last night
    Was over two hundred through the gate
    Credit to Metropolitan Police
    They were really great.
    Not a fan to cheer them
    No supporters in sight
    But they gave us their share of the split
    In my book they're almost alright.
    We might miss out on a final
    Usually you'd say there's next year
    More important is simply surviving
    Going out of existence is my fear.
    On Saturday we're marching
    Holding a rally on Goose Green
    We've had plenty of crisis in the past
    This is as desperate as it's been.
    Now forced to play on Sunday
    Back over Mitcham way
    As long as we have a team next season
    I don't care how long we stay.
    It's going to be an emotional weekend
    We're on football's life support machine
    All the anger than entails
    Time to vent our spleen.
    Still supporting our boys
    As always sing and shout
    But the loudest chant of all
    Must simply be "MEADOW OUT!"
  18. Pink Panther

Very strange experience suddenly having to play a home game at a different ground at this stage of the season. One thing that didn't change was Not Police's dour and attritional approach to the match. They may be tactically astute and a massive bogey team for us, but it's rarely much of a spectacle. We almost had to start the match with ten men and Kargbo in goal, with Addai apparently delayed by heavy traffic, but our goalkeeper just about managed to get onto the pitch and take his place before a slightly late kick off. Hamlet made a slow start in which we nearly came unstuck at the back a couple of times most of the play consisted of Hamlet unsuccessfully probing massed ranks of orange shirted defenders. There were a couple of moves that didn't quite come off and a few attempts at goal that weren't quite accurate enough. On the whole I thought we could have had a few more shots from distance, with the scope for their keeper to be unsighted by the bodies in front of him or deceived by a deflection. The visitors more or less seemed to be holding out for the penalty shoot-out throughout the second half and there was an ominous inevitability about Hamlet falling short when it came to that stage. The visitors went first and converted all four of their kicks, with Addai almost saving the third one. Beaney took our first and his shot was too close to the keeper and not powerful enough to beat him; Ferguson confidently tucked his away sending the keeper the wrong way; Abrahams just seemed to get his technique all wrong, seeming to rush the whole thing and dragging his shot wide of the target.

Team (3-5-2): Addai - Taylor, Acheampong, Chambers - Clunis, Beaney(c), Kargbo, Ferguson, Abrahams - Faal, Akinyemi. Subs: Ming (for Faal), Boakye-Yiadon (for Akinyemi), Guimaraes (for Kargbo), Green, Onovwigun (not used).
  19. Pink Panther

I doubt anyone even managed a "semi" after watching that! Not sexy football.
    clog and EDC like this.
  20. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Yes, was tough to watch. Thought we looked much better when Ming came on.

Is Carew injured at the moment? Needed him for the shoot out but also would like to see him back in the team.
  21. GeriatricMascot

GeriatricMascot available for weddings, birthdays and bar mitzvahs

Pretty uneventful game I thought. Never expected a huge turnout for the Atrocity trophy on a tuesday night to be fair. Sunday should be good though and I think we will adapt to the KNK as our home ground quite well. All players and staff seemed happy to be on the pitch, I didn't hear any moans from them. I was a bit gutted that Ibby didn't get to fully experience the keeper role though!
    Jules P likes this.
  22. Dulwich Mishi

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

24. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Hates Meadow Residential

Thinking about it I'd be slightly dissapointed if the Old Bill hadn't given us their half of the gate money as 99.9% of those in attendance seemed to be Dulwich. The one MET supporter was well marshalled by Mr BIG.
    Pink Panther likes this.
  25. Dulwich Mishi

Rubbish! It's just what happens in cup competitions. Imagine if we got drawn away in another cup to a very well supported side, and we only took a hundred...would we be offering them money...NO! Still a fine gesture by the Old Bill FC.
    Jimbob73, EDC and clog like this.
  26. Pink Panther

I interpreted it as a tongue in cheek comment. It's "luck of the draw".

We're discovering who our friends are, and it's good to know we have plenty. All our football rivalries look pretty trivial right now compared to the battle with Meadow. It's nice to know our fellow football clubs are right behind us.
    Brix69, clog, Thimble Queen and 5 others like this.
  27. YTC

YTC Human Man

We'd have only got 300 at Champion Hill for that game, thought it was a great dry run for Sunday.

Massive thanks for all the volunteers that helped out!
    Nivag, editor, Dulwich Mishi and 2 others like this.
  28. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Highlight of the evening was the Vegi Pattie from the Caribbean food hut, excellent stuff. That's Sunday dinner sorted.