1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet v Lowestoft Town, Sat 25 Nov, 3pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by darryl, Nov 13, 2017.

1. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Or even moved from Tuesday 28th November.

Pink Panther likes this.
  2. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Thank goodness

3. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

I might actually be up for that. Winchester City are at home that day, but I think a show of solidarity may be called for and you lot may well need my readies more right now. Should be an event. You don't need me to tell you this is a great opportunity to build a campaign and fill the coffers. Saturday games are always going to be easier than Tuesday nights for a "Save DHFC Day".

4. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

BAH

5. PartisanDulwich

can we confirm this is 100% going ahead - so posters can be done, social media

we need 2,000 plus if Saturday ???

6. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

Facebook event page below for next saturday.

7. mx wcfc

What is the capacity at Champion hill? I am not going to tell you hpw to run this, but that home game is the best chance you have to build a campaign and get people in,

8. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

9. mx wcfc

then let's fill it.. :thumbs:

Fingers likes this.
  10. Fingers

and your suggestions would be very much welcome

11. Fingers

12. mx wcfc

I cant run this for you. Im just a non league fan who is horrified at what is happening at DHFC and wants to back you lot and see DHFC survive. Best of luck. Mx xxx!

Fingers likes this.
  13. mx wcfc

Sorry, had to work late and got thoroughly pissed on the way home. I love you all, but I am a "little bit pissed" so please ignore me and I apologise for talking boolocks.. :facepalm:

14. PartisanDulwich

Need to start flat out building for this game on Saturday 25th November
    and pack them in
    need volunteers no doubt
    for programme sellers, 12th man buckets, 50/50, supporters Trust membership and scarf sellers

packers+football+28+august+1939+daily+worker+cp+dulwich+hamlet.jpg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  15. PartisanDulwich

16. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Same weekend as our trip to Winchester last year. Hope you enjoy your visit as much as we enjoyed ours.

17. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

For those making the trip to Champion Hill tomorrow, have been told that the following will be on offer:

Ale:

Canopy - Sunray Pale (Regular here) nice smooth American Pale
    Brockley - Autumn (New Product) - A sessionable American Brown Ale
    Southey - (Regular also) - American Pale Ale

Food:

Sari Thai
    And the return of the ever popular:
    The Frying Squad (Fish & Chips) - am sure that editor will be pleased by this!

18. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Not just editor!

Lyham likes this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The game wasn't exactly a thriller but it's another three points in front of a magnificent crowd of 1,832.

Boy it was blooming cold.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  20. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Job done against opponents who would clearly have settled for a point right from the start. 9 points clear at the top, and Bi££ericay won again in the Trophy, so that's another opportunity to pull away from them when we're at Tonbridge while they play the next round. 9 points in the bag they don't yet have.

21. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I overhead a few people saying they were playing for a draw, they certainly defended in numbers.
    I thought might have sneaked a goal in the first half and the way the ref was handing out yellow cards at the start of the game I thought someone was bound to be sent off.
    The second half was better for Dulwich and could have scored a couple but their defence and more importantly their goalie caught most of the balls into box without much bother.
    Good see we're scoring goals from corners, I'm surprised they don't score more with the height and strength in the team at the moment.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

23. JackPittBrooke

JackPittBrooke Active Member

Thought we did well to hold our nerve on what could have been a frustrating day against a dogged opposition. When it was still 0-0 I thought it was going to be like the Hendon game all over again!

Lowestoft were pretty dirty - they had a player booked after five minutes for a horrible tackle, and there was one in the second half that went unpunished by the referee, but Weathers clattered the offender straight after and got himself booked.

Impressive to win without Reise at his best either. We all worry about cutting edge without Tomlin or Clunis - though I thought Ming was class today - so we've got to keep grinding it out.

Abanico, Harry R, Ronco and 4 others like this.
  24. PartisanDulwich

Don't think Lowestoft Town actually had a shot on goal
    They came with a plan - a draw and nearly succeeded
    Very hard fought game, thought referee allowed the opposition to get away with some hard challenges
    certainly a couple of hand balls missed - one that should have been a penalty

Respect to their fans who made the long trip on a very very cold day

Rabble took time to warm up - and huge raw of relief when that goal went in

Felt like more than 2,000 (lots of new faces - so must be a lot of churning) and must say expected over 2,000

Crowd seemed very late to arrive (again maybe the cold)

need to keep building on and off the field

Merthyr Town fans appreciative of the support/solidarity on social media

glorious sunset - great result

still top of the League

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    darryl likes this.
  25. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Lowestoft were missing their leading scorer (Jake Reed, 11 goals), who has played in every one of their league wins this season - so would suggest a combination of that and visiting the league leaders led to their approach of defending deep, crowding the middle and trying to get a reaction from some robust challenges. To keep going in the face of that, albeit with a couple of flare ups, was impressive. We continued to play, and showed resolve that we've sometimes lacked in the past. Then once the goal went in they had to open up, and in the last 15 minutes we started to find space behind them, Faal in particular. Would have been good to grab another, but they missed their one obligatory chance, so all in all an excellent three points.

Thought Taylor was the pick of the back three, strong in defence and brought the ball out well, Carew and Onovwigun both played to their respective strengths, and Ming outshone Green on the flanks, which is no mean feat. The front three of Ferguson / Allasani / Faal struggled until the goal went in, but Lowestoft played very narrow - the space that gave us on the flanks and resultant crosses would have probably benefitted someone a bit more suited to attacking the six yard box, a fit and firing Dumaka for instance.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    darryl, Nivag and Pink Panther like this.
  26. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Reise has scored all but one of his goals away from home. Granted, we have played more games away recently, but I think counter attacking against a team with a higher line generally suits his game more.

scousedom and Pink Panther like this.
  27. PartisanDulwich

One disappointing point from the game - I overhead a very small group of newbies in toilets opposite stand break into that old "your sh*t and you know you are" chant after we went one up
    one thing I have always enjoyed, and it's a long tradition at Dulwich Hamlet is to fully respect the opposition team, yes we tease the opposition goalkeeper - but the vast majority of this is witty and tongue in cheek, and often he receives applause at the end
    I know abusing your opponents is a hang over from League football - but need to be vigilant
    furthermore, factually Lowesestoft Town were far from sh*t

joe1990, JTee, crocustim and 2 others like this.
  28. PartisanDulwich

Rickie Hayles scores winning goal for Dulwich Hamlet FC

Image by Keith Gillard

Hayles-heads-goal lowestoft dulwich nov 2017 hamlet at champion hill -777x437.jpg

29. PartisanDulwich

cause and effect

photo Duncan Palmer
    Dulwich lowestoft Pj2ApfW0AEuKpT.jpg

30. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?