Dulwich Hamlet v Leiston Play Off Semi-Final, 7.45pm Thurs 3rd May (at Tooting & Mitcham)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by geezuz170, Apr 30, 2018.

1. YTC

YTC Human Man

2. tp mark

tp mark Active Member

Come on Dulwich fc the van south needs you good luck in the playoffs from many a wealdstone fc fan this is your time

EDC, YTC, Jimbob73 and 6 others like this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'll that link to the Buzz feature going up in the morning. I'm off on tour in Germany but there will be Hamlet roaring in Bavaria on the night!

geezuz170 likes this.
  4. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

5. YTC

YTC Human Man

He won't be commentating, just Back Of The Net with an audio live stream. They have rights to the league (annoyingly)

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  6. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Just out of interest...if they were commentating, but not from the press box, as in unofficially behind the goal into a phone, would that breach rules?

7. YTC

YTC Human Man

Who knows?

8. bringbackelmo

bringbackelmo Well-Known Member

I'm working tomorrow and so can't make the game, but will be following the match closely. Fingers crossed for a win.

YTC likes this.
  9. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

If someone has the exclusivity to broadcast then anyone else doing the same regardless of where they sit I would say it's against the agreement and not allowed.

10. HELVETICVS

HELVETICVS ILLE QVI PVLSAT SVM

I once came directly from an Intellectual Property Hearing at the Patent Office in Newport and went to watch a Swansea City match. I had an aluminium flight case with the Hearing papers, 2 laptops, a mic & a set of smart phones. The stewards took one look at what was in there on the way in and told me that they "owned the copyright to the game and you can't bring those in."

I showed them the Papers from the Hearing, drawing their attention to the details of the Case and explained exactly why they were talking complete nonsense. It's not the only time I've had that sort of discussion with people who don't have any idea as to what it is they're saying - or to whom...

Nope. Completely unenforceable agreement.

The Broadcaster may well have an Exclusivity Agreement with the Competition Organiser. That contract arises between those two Parties only and the Doctrine for Privity of Contract means that it doesn't affect a 3rd Party.

If the Broadcaster was aggrieved then the usual Remedy would be for them to sue a 3rd Party for a Breach of Contract, who was obviously not a Party to that Contract.

A complete non-sequitur, if Filed. Frivolous & Vexatious are words I'd use.

Copyright persists in a work from its creation.
    Broadcaster A would have a Right of Copy in the words of their Broadcast.
    Broadcaster B would also have Copyright in the words of their particular Broadcast.

If Broadcaster B uses A's material within their Broadcast, then they are acting illegally. If they use their own material then there is no issue of IP Rights.

The 'exclusive' Rights to Broadcast from a Competition Organiser's Fixture may well have been Assigned [through a Contract] to Broadcaster A, but if Broadcaster B is not a Party to that Contract, or even aware of its existence, then there is nil hope of the Parties actually enforcing their own private Agreement against an interloper - the costs of potentially doing so would far outweigh the gain from so doing, even if there was any Merit to the Claim.

Any potential 'Breach' might lie with a Breach of Contract [irrelevant, as the interloper was not subject to the Agreement] but certainly not Copyright.

There would be a section within the Contract whereby Assurances are mutually offered, so as to offer security for the purported 'exclusivity' of the Agreement.
    For the sums involved, it will absolutely never be enforced - ever.

Just because someone puts something into a Contract doesn't mean that it's legally enforceable - if you think that it does, then I've a bridge to sell you.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Radical-Cliff likes this.
  11. YTC

YTC Human Man

HELVETICVS likes this.
  12. HELVETICVS

HELVETICVS ILLE QVI PVLSAT SVM

Not exactly, darling - as I think you well know!

Just wanted to chip in because some of us are reliant on things like Twitter Feeds of games and Broadcasts of the same.

That one the [fake] Wanderers FC did the other week was a cracker - last minute winner and all.

I just don't want to miss out on a Broadcast because of pettiness and pettifoggery.

Honestly, purported 'Exclusivity' Clauses in Non-League...
    FFS...LMAO

Radical-Cliff, Lucy Fur and YTC like this.
  13. YTC

YTC Human Man

You never stop!

14. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

If it's a draw tonight does it go to extra-time and penalties, or straight to penalties?

15. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Jez! You can’t away from this guy. I’ll end up ignoring all threads!

Blitzwalker likes this.
  16. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Exta time and penalties

17. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Extra time before pens I believe.

Hope Gavin has teed up penalty takers in advance as last time it was a bit hit and miss (with the emphasis on the latter)

18. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Preston has made a few penalty saves this season. But we won't need penalties tonight.

19. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Ignore user

Lucy Fur likes this.
  20. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

So up for this it's a little bit painful

GregDHFC and YTC like this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm on tour in Germany but I'm taking my phone onstage to keep updated with the score. And there will be a very big drum roll when Hamlet score.

Lucy Fur and Nivag like this.
  22. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Getting nervous - Come on the hamlet!

the 12th man likes this.
  23. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

So glad you put fake Wanderers! Them claiming to be Wanderers is absolute nonsense!

24. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

dulwich hamlet goose green tree age84.jpg
    East Dulwich today

25. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

I started watching Dulwich Hamlet as a way to relax and unwind at the weekend.

It has now just become another source of nerves and stress, absolutely bricking it.

Lovely day for some sexy football though :D

26. Shieldsman

Shieldsman Member

Good luck from Sunderland. Ha’way the Hamlet!

pompeydunc, the 12th man and Lucy Fur like this.
  27. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Can’t be there tonight (family commitments) so it’s a nerve wracking night on the sofa!

28. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

ha ha you wanna go on the politics section on here
    Do any of these people work or do anything else, must spend their life on here
    Not a tory or anyone tbh but the hate is untrue
    Heres a link , heres another and another and another
    what a waste
    I like to have a peep and the main thing for me is football
    Never realized people made a life out of politics thinking of it and posting night and day
    Cant go tonite as i have to look after a sick relative, will be listening via radio

29. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  30. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

1-0 up , Come on Dulwich
    free kick , you can guess who
    Commentators seem a tad biased to Leiston
    "Referee influenced by the home crowd" umm