Dulwich Hamlet v Hemel Hempstead Town, 3pm Saturday 16th February 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Son of Roy, Feb 14, 2019.

1. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

THIS from Hemel Fan Facebook page after today

"The most unfootball football crowd i've ever been in.....strange mix of fans they have."

THAT WOULD BE THE COMMUNITY !

Jimbob73 likes this.
  2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

So an actual mix of fans, including supporters who aren't white working class males? That's why we get four times as many people through the gates as they do. Some people just don't get it. I'll be judgemental myself now: Hemel Hempstead is possibly the most dismal and depressing town in our division. I really wouldn't want to live there.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  3. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Issues with a few idiots behind our goal second half was dealt with by supoorters. It happens, few wore stone island gear.... but you’d never see them at a football league ground giving it... they would be in main stand with mum and dad. Silly boys in the wrong place

Blitzwalker and Pink Panther like this.
  4. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

We have plenty of Securuty/Stewards on our match days and we need to ensure we utilise them to deal with situations that occur as this is what they are paid for.

In regard to our "stone island" friends info has been received and this will be looked into.

dcdulwich, Blitzwalker and Cyclodunc like this.
  5. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

no criticism of our wounderful and understanding stewards was implied - 200% better than previous crew - more they cannot be everywhere and monitor ever incident

6. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

200% is impossible unless you’re talking absolutes

pettyboy and Blitzwalker like this.
  7. Cyclodunc

From what I heard, stewards were told and they said “what can we do?”

I wasn’t present, so welcome to hear otherwise

8. Cyclodunc

And understand stewarding is a tricky job

9. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

Would be good to review the response from the stewards to yesterday's trouble. The same fans were shouting out unacceptable crap the whole game. When a fan did the right thing and got a steward they did very little and left pretty sharpish, leaving the Stone Island crew to moodily hang about clearly waiting to kick off again. Should have been chucked straight out for the verbal nonsense anyway and certainly after they went looking for trouble - could have turned pretty nasty. Fans will police ourselves but they must have the backing from stewards to do so.

The least the steward should have done in my opinion would have been to stick around and keep an eye on things rather than leaving fans to it.

One of the calmer of the Stone Island crew was given a friendly talking to at the end and got the message about how to enjoy a game at Champion Hill.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Blitzwalker and EDC like this.
  10. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Didn’t see or hear any of this yesterday as was loitering in my now customary spot near the Southey beer emporium. Just wondering if it was the same “Chelsea” (other idiots are available) lot I had to speak to a couple of seasons back. Whoever they are, they’re not wanted at Champion Hill.

11. Pink Panther

Even Harry Redknapp only goes up to 110%.

editor likes this.
  12. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

i suspect i'm not the only one that sees the irony of having a youth problem when redthread are on site . thankfully god didn't show his ugly side last year when the copleston people were here .

13. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

I feel more positive about Jorgensen's performance knowing that Preston was unavailable and hadn't been dropped. At the time I thought it seemed unfair that he replaced Preston.

The first goal was clearly the defender's fault primarily, but I didn't think he did a good job or closing down the angle or attempting to block the low shot. The second goal was a wonder strike. The third was also an almost unbelievable lob, catching him out of position - but as you point out, you wouldn't expect many players at this level to even attempt that.

14. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Whether the Stone Island clad few were at their first game or not the fact they were in our end supporting us makes them our fans. I cannot believe there’s no photos circulating of them as everyone has camera phones. One of the reasons I stopped standing and singing behind the goal was every time you opened your mouth half a dozen phones automatically popped up. It’s a bit more worrying about stewards not being able to do anything. Perhaps it’s time with the size of our crowds to hire a couple of old Bill per game...

15. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Surely it's a LOT to do with the fact that there was no Premier league games on yesterday so the twats made us their day trip of choice?

Pink Panther likes this.
  16. Pink Panther

I was on the halfway line and didn't see any problems from there. There's a big difference between "being twats" and looking to physically attack people (or threatening to); I don't know how far down that scale these individuals were, but it sounds like a review of the stewarding may be enough before we start worrying about a need for a Police presence. I think the notorious Gloucester Trophy game is the last time a crowd control issue got really out of hand at Champion Hill, and that was 25 years ago with an attendance of less than 500. The other issue is that these isolated incidents seem to happen at fixtures where there's no real reason to anticipate it. The games with big away followings, whether it's Aldershot, Yeovil, Maidstone, Wealdstone, Torquay, always seem to pass off without a problem and the visiting supporters appreciate our more relaxed approach compared to the way some clubs treat them.

pompeydunc likes this.
  17. editor

editor Forked with electrons

18. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

They stood at Car Wash End both harves

19. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Hemel fans then ?

20. Pink Panther

Dog Kennel Hill End.

Dulwich Mishi and tonysingh like this.
  21. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Definitely Hamlet fans - one had on what looked like a brand new scarf and the main offender shouted out “C’mon the Hamlets” a few times!!

22. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Doesnt make them Hamlet fans, they weren't.

we sell 100+ bars each week and many will never been seen at CH again

23. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Just making it clear they weren’t Hemel fans.

24. EDC

There was a rowdy lot coming in way behind me at the turnstiles singing the Ole song, I thought they were Hemel but it was probably this crowd.

25. Cyclodunc

It sounded like Hemel fans sing a few songs to the same tunes as us

26. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

I was behind the goal DKH end, exit side of goal in the 2nd half, didn't see or here anything, what was up?

27. cambelt

cambelt Well-Known Member

Was right behind the goal and didn't hear or see anything either.

28. EDC

Was in the stand, Greendale end and got a few flicked V’s and wanker gestures from the Hemel fans when the penalty went in.

29. Scottfield

Scottfield Active Member

I was standing behind the goal on the mega pallet and stood next to the people in question for the whole of the second half, and was with the fan who went to get the stewards. To clarify any speculation it was a group of 7-8 lads. I have seen 2-3 of them at matches before a numberof times. We were told, and I believe, that it was the main offender's first match. The individuals in question were of course challenged by other fans, that's why it got a little hairy. Please do not make assumptions that they were not challenged. As has been mentioned by others, one fan went to get a steward to keep an eye on them, but they didnt stay. Frustrating but understandable; as soon as the stewards turned up the lads thanked them for intervening and made out that they were the injured party (nothing physical took place). What I can also assure you all is immediately after the match appropriate conversations were had with the Club's leadership about what happened and hopefully there are some plans in hand, although I wont and cannot speak for the club. As was also mentioned above, approporiate conversations were also had with some of the group post full time. Based on those conversations, and his reaction to being challenged etc, I wouldn't expect the main trouble maker to be back.

Jimbob73 and editor like this.
  30. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

There were a couple of choice words shouted towards myself as some of the Hemel fans left the ground. Odd as I was talking to a Hemel fan at the time.