Dulwich Hamlet v Hemel Hempstead Town, 3pm Saturday 16th February 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Son of Roy, Feb 14, 2019.

1. cg__

cg__ Well-Known Member

Some unsavoury scenes in the terrace at the end there.

Really entertaining game though

2. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Really? What happened?

3. cg__

cg__ Well-Known Member

Key jangling

ForwardHamlet, Nivag, Lyham and 6 others like this.
  4. cg__

cg__ Well-Known Member

In all seriousness though, didnt see the full hullaballoo, but seemed to be some stoned blokes in stone island looking for trouble

5. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

A disappointing (but maybe inevitable) development: a bunch of Stone Island wankers not knowing how to behave.

Thankfully they were left under no illusions that we’re not here for a scrap, and that they won’t be welcome if they are.

YTC likes this.
  6. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Why is it inevitable? We have risen from gates of an average of 170 or so. There has been issues with people on the way up. They were banned. I wasn't there today but it sounds like more people will be quietly banned.

The day DHFC turn up and is inevitable our fans misbehave is the day I walk away. Rather more worryingly, from my talking to them, it's also the day far more important people in the club than me walk.

If people have crossed the line today and you have evidence please identify them to the club. I remember some of our fans taking the moral high road over Woking fans earlier this season. Sadly it sounds like it's time to walk the walk

7. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

Guts. Skill.Energy.
    And catastrophic defending. It’s the Dulwich Hamlet way. What a game. If the Hamlet stay up it will be a truly great season. And I think we will

editor, Blitzwalker and Pink Panther like this.
  8. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

If Preston is unavailable for Torquay, time to give Corey Addai a call to see if he's got any plans next weekend.

Blitzwalker and GregDHFC like this.
  9. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

They were not *our* fans and we probably won’t see them again, but if we keep attracting such a large crowd, then it’s inevitable that not everyone will be accustomed to the atmosphere that we are so proud of: being inclusive & welcoming to all.

Don’t think that these people were not called out for their behaviour. They were. But this will become more common, the higher up the pyramid we move.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  10. Moroccan Sunset

Completely agree. It's inevitable that the bigger the crowds, the more knobheads we'll get. They're not our fans and we're pretty good at weeding out the ones that cross the line.

A few seasons ago there were a handful of degenerates who turned up for a game v Met Police and started throwing sausages on the pitch (how wonderfully original). Most of us told them to go away and as far as I'm aware they've never come back.

11. Roger D

I remember the day our player manager missed a couple of games due to a training injury. Yeah right. Hello Gloucester.
    I also remember Bognor's ground getting damaged.

Sorry but I can't accept this is more common as we move up. Not aimed at the last poster but if you have evidence of who they were bring it forwards.

Whoever they were, we need them out of the club.

12. Moroccan Sunset

I think we're saying that we may get a few knobheads coming along every so often, not that we'll tolerate them.

Don't know what the first paragraph is referring to.

13. Roger D

Old skool fans will. Not aimed as a pop at you or anyone else. Suffice to say we've dealt with it before and sadly probably will again.

If anyone knows who they were please tell the club. Whether or not they were a regular Hamlet fan is fairly irrelevant if you were a new fan to the Hamlet or someone who got smacked.

Any attempt to get into the club by idiots needs formal action. Identify them if you can. I don't care whether or not they are perceived as supporting us or not. Frankly that's irrelevant, ban them.

tonysingh likes this.
  14. EDC

Were these Hamlet or Hemel fans though?

15. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

Chelsea fans, or so I’ve heard

16. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Was on my toes and away quickly tonight so didn’t see anything untoward. A few Hemel fans got excited when they scored their second goal but again, nothing untoward that I saw.

If any out of order behaviour by anyone, no matter who they were supposed to be affiliated to, then cheerio, we don’t want to see you again.

17. Moroccan Sunset

Before the game I'd have been disappointed with a draw, but given the first half I think extending our unbeaten run can be seen as a successful afternoon.

The keeper looked very rusty to me. His catching was pretty good, but I think he could have done better with at least two of the goals. I'd rather we went back to Coventry, cap in hand, and asked for Corey. He'd at least be match sharp. Thanks to two brilliant goal line blocks by Cookie, we were very lucky we didn't go in 4-1 down at half time.

Magnus put in another strong performance - he looks like a different player since coming back from injury. Quade was excellent as well. You may all want to sit down for this, but I thought Clunis (yes, Clunis) played very well, too. I think he's been steadily improving ever since he's moved back to the right flank, but today was his best performance for a while I thought. His run and shot deserved a goal at the end. It's almost as if he's at his best as a right winger, rather than as a striker or an attacking midfielder or any of the other roles we've been trying to shoehorn him into previously.

Another smashing crowd. Next week is a tough one, but they lost today so now's as good a time as any to play them.

pettyboy, scousedom, Jules P and 2 others like this.
  18. Moroccan Sunset

Huge thanks to YTC and liamdhfc for sorting out an announcement about Shayne Mangodza's disappearance, as well.

Jules P, YTC and the 12th man like this.
  19. EDC

Without doubt.

20. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Active Member

Just because we are an inclusive club doesn’t mean we have to include or tolerate poor behaviour.

I can’t believe Nyren’s dribble and shot didn’t go in. That would have been the goal of the season done and dusted.

Hemel pressed all over the pitch and Vose didn’t like it. We looked more threatening when Ferguson came on for him. Mavilla didn’t have a great game and his mistake for the equaliser was a poor touch from a long ball that could have been hoofed in the other direction.

I don’t think Preston would have been caught out for their third goal. It was a great strike but Preston would have been in the right place or at least attempted to run backwards to get to it.

Nathan and Cook were relentless. Quade did well considering how little time he had to react with the ball. Their pressing was relentless and organised.

Cat Daisy likes this.
  21. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

So in shirt auction both goalkeeper jerseys are size medium. Simon Bloch Jørgensen's shirt is medium? Seems unlikely.

22. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

One of my favourite moments of the afternoon was the Hemel coaching staff rugby tackling their goalkeeper to stop him assaulting the referee at full time. Very entertaining.

By contrast, I agree our goalkeeper seemed a bit rusty and to blame for a couple of the goals. Hopefully he'll get more comfortable over time (or Preston will return).

Nivag and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  23. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

Was looking forward to a win when that first goal went in.
    All 3 Hemel goals came from errors - Mavilla for the first, collective failure to clear on our left before the ball got to Parkes for his super shot, then the keeper being way too far off his line (there was an earlier dead ball for us where he was wandering around near the half way line too!).
    But the fightback was heartening and Rose got the substitutions right as Vose wasn't delivering and Dipo had stopped threatening. Nerves of steel for that penalty and great celebration!
    Over two games, if it wasn't for Jordan Parkes, Hemel wouldn't have a lot going for them.
    Sorry (or probably not) that I didn't see the incident afterwards but hope it is a one-off. We don't want to have to issue messages like Woking did the other day. It's creeping back into non-league football - gather there was some trouble at Bromley v Maidstone today - but we should I suppose stress publicly that it is not what we expect.

24. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

The 5th highest non league crowd today

editor likes this.
  25. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

That guy sprinted full pelt across the pitch to intercept him, I'm guessing he's got history.
    Weird because the goalie smiled and did the usual clapping the fans behind the goal then red mist and ran at the referee!!

I thought Vose had a bad game today. The midfield looked absent most of the game till Ferguson came on.
    Cookie's goal line clearances kept us in the game.

Moroccan Sunset and GregDHFC like this.
  26. PartisanDulwich

Nyren, Dipo, Chambers, Cook brilliant today
    In my dreams still see Nyren's brilliant solo run and strike going in the 92 minute

27. Moroccan Sunset

Thought he was very poor today, too. Christ knows how he started ahead of Ferguson today after misplacing pretty much every pass on Tuesday night. I think he's been well off the boil for a few weeks now.

Ferguson on the other hand has been playing well, IMO. Just doesn't offer much of a goal threat - though neither does Vose in all honesty.

crocustim, Nivag and 3010 like this.
  28. cg__

cg__ Well-Known Member

In and amongst the late goal drama i forgot about this. I was astounded that Cook managed to keep that out.

An amazing moment in an amazing game

29. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

It was very funny that their keeper had to be restrained from attacking the miniature (but efficient) referee at the end. Not quite sure why he was so angry. The referee took his time over awarding our late penalty for handball but everyone I spoke to who was close to the incident said their defender clearly knocked the ball away with his hand.

There's no way Jørgensen was at fault for either of the first two goals. Maybe he didn't need to be quite so far off his line for the third, but that was one of the best finishes you're ever likely to see at this level. I'd say the entire back four looked less assured than when Preston plays, it's difficult to quantify that. I believe Preston's wife is due to give birth imminently and that's the main reason he didn't play.

GregDHFC, Nivag and PartisanDulwich like this.
  30. PartisanDulwich

Great day to support the Hamlet today and another huge community crowd
    The display on the pitch especially in the second half sent the fans home happy, after a very entertaining game (and we didn't lose)
    Seem to be lots of new fans coming - a number with little idea of our standards and ethics
    Yep, some very drunk stoned Hamlet and Hemel fans
    We will leave HH to deal with their fans
    with regard to ours, given we have very few stewards, its vital people feel confident to challenge poor behaviour and get the support of other fans around them, its the only way we can do this and ensure that we keep Champion hill safe for all.
    But lets not let a literally a handful of idiots spoil what was a great spectacle today

and while were talking about fairness lets give Jørgensen a chance

Lucy Fur and Pink Panther like this.