1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet v. Hampton & Richmond Borough: Fri. 21/7/17

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Recently scheduled, suits me, although I won't be there until 8.15, or so...as I'm working until eight.

2. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

do you know who number 4 is? ;)

3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

So in fact it doesn't suit you, unless you enjoy missing most of the first half. Surely it would have suited you better to play the game on a date when you could be there in time for kick off?

Dulwich Mishi and Pavel like this.
  4. Dulwich Mishi

To be honest...not really. Pre-seasons are glorified training sessions for me, they generally mean nothing to the fans, whatever the result.
    As long as the manager is happy with them as part of his focus on getting the squad right then I'm ok with them.
    I enjoy pre-seasons precisely because it doesn't really matter if we win or lose, as in dropping points, or getting knocked out of a cup. They're an 'excuse' to relax, and have a chinwag with your mates, as far as I'm concerned.
    As for missing the first half, I generally miss most of the first half at home games anyway, by personal choice I hasten to add, by wandering round the ground selling '50/50' tickets. Often I hear a cheer, but miss the goal. As long as it's us who score I can't really complain... ;)

Pink Panther likes this.
  5. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Ryan Moss.

clog, B.I.G and WillClunas like this.
  6. WillClunas

WillClunas Well-Known Member

Ryan Moss...

the possibility of a man dressed as a beaver...

I don't think I'm exaggerating to suggest this is one of the biggest games in the history of Dulwich Hamlet, since they were founded way back in 2013!

7. Ben Smith

Ben Smith New Member

Hey guys.

Tomorrow is going to be my first visit to Champion Hill. I know it's pre-season so it obviously won't have the cracking atmosphere of a league game down there, but going to take the chance to head down and check it out. What sort of attendance are you expecting? Around 300-500?

I have a YouTube channel and have recently started doing 'Day Trip' vlogs, where I head out to different grounds and showcase the matchday experience and some footage from the game etc. I'll attach an example.

I will be going to the game alone, so I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to meet me there and be part of the vlog, and just give myself and the viewers some insight in regards to the club, its story, its appeal, hopes for the season and so on.

It's all just filmed on my iPhone 7 so it's not really a professional operation or anything!

Any help appreciated and look forward to coming along.

Cheers,

Ben

editor likes this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Feel free to accost me: I'll be the scruffy bloke with dreads and a camera.

Ben Smith likes this.
  9. Ben Smith

Ben Smith New Member

Hey editor, nice one! Will come find you!

editor likes this.
  10. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

I will be the bloke selling the 50/50 tickets at the bottom of the main stand stairs so come and say hello and I will introduce you to people from the club and the Supporters' Trust!

11. Ben Smith

Ben Smith New Member

Hey Fingers, sounds perfect! Will come and buy a 50/50 ticket and have a chat with the guys!

Fingers likes this.
  12. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

You won't find a shortage of people wanting to be on film.

13. Jimbob73

I'd love an interview but unfortunate my agent is on holiday so have no-one to negotiate my fee so will have to pass tonight. Soz

sealion, Ben Smith and Lucy Fur like this.
  14. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Jimbob73 agent. He'll happily do it for free. anything to raise his goddam profile! :p

sealion, EDC, Cyclodunc and 4 others like this.
  15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

16. YTC

YTC Human Man

editor likes this.
  17. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

18. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Couldn't get to the game last night - anything of note to report, good or not so good?

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

No chips. And no burgers either.

clog and AveryDave like this.
  20. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Pretty poor performance other than ourstanding form of Preston Edwards

AveryDave and blueheaven like this.
  21. AveryDave

Sounds like a shocker.

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

23. Jimbob73

How come we are selling the new shirts but we haven't got any for the first team?

24. AveryDave

Think it was mentioned in the Crawley programme that we've been waiting for receipt of the league patches to go on the arms, and that they're due to be worn tomorrow.

Jimbob73 likes this.
  25. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Correct

Team will wear kit against Crystal Palace without decals (patches). Unfortunately, the announcement of the league sponsor came too late to get them printed directly on to the kit. We aim to do that in future.

26. Dulwich Mishi

"The Mysterious Disconnected Pipe By The Main Stand."

It's actually not mysterious at all, if only you'd ask....

This 'stand pipe' type thing was one that was the water supply to attach the long hose to that was connected to a small, basic pitch sprinklet. There were only two of them when the ground was built. The undersoil sprinkers were only added when the now defunct Fisher Athletic groundshared & installed them, when they were flush with 'allegedly' dodgy money, while not paying the taxman.

There were only two small sprinklers to cover the whole pitch, pretty useless really, and they had to be moved around every frew hours, to cover the whole pitch! Mot helped by one former groundsman who wouldn't turn them on at night, meaning he was too lazy to move them, because 'rain was forecast', and inevitably it didn't rain, making the pitch grass even harder to take and grow during the close season!

27. Dulwich Mishi

Apparently the reason there were no catering outlets was because, with all of our catering paying for a pitch, and thus franchised out, the game was arranged at too short notice for any of them...

28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I think sometimes you take my 'reports' a little too seriously. :D

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Do you know if caterers always have to pay for a pitch at other clubs? I could see how some could argue that they're actually providing a service for the club and seriously enhancing the matchday experience for fans and thus worthy of some kind of consideration.

If we're charging premium rates for stalls we're going to end up with far less choice than other clubs.

30. YTC

YTC Human Man

Def don't think we're charging 'premium' rates, but certainly rates from what I understand. Most clubs have an in house catering set up I think? we don't.