Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet v Hampton, Boxing Day 26 December 2019, 3pm

Pink Panther

The lino got 2 decisions wrong , flagged offside for Jack Connors free kick which no one touched and not much interference and the ref failed to over rule . Then gave offside for their goal which was nodded on from Orlu so not offside but the ref did over rule .
Their first goal was offside, from the final pass after the Orlu header. The player who intercepted Orlu's attempted clearance took the ball past Edwards and passed for a teammate to score from an offside position. Only one defender was goalside of the final pass, which was made from goalside of the keeper. Would love to know what the conversation was between the two officials, but they made a right dog's dinner of it between them and arrived at the wrong verdict. The goal should never have stood.

Our disallowed goal: Ijaha is offside, regardless of whether or not he touched the cross he certainly attempted to as he ran onto a ball aimed across the keeper. Correct decision for me.

The Connors penalty shout: he tried to get his body between the ball and a defender and just ran into an opponent who was slowing down and didn't change direction. No foul there for me .

chris gil

making football club owners cry since 1893
Their first goal was offside, from the final pass after the Orlu header. The player who intercepted Orlu's attempted clearance took the ball past Edwards and passed for a teammate to score from an offside position. Only one defender was goalside of the final pass, which was made from goalside of the keeper. Would love to know what the conversation was between the two officials, but they made a right dog's dinner of it between them and arrived at the wrong verdict. The goal should never have stood.

Our disallowed goal: Ijaha is offside, regardless of whether or not he touched the cross he certainly attempted to as he ran onto a ball aimed across the keeper. Correct decision for me.

The Connors penalty shout: he tried to get his body between the ball and a defender and just ran into an opponent who was slowing down and didn't change direction. No foul there for me .
Not wanting to get all premier league VAR but Ive had another look at their first goal , the lino puts the flag up as the ball comes off of Orlus nut and as the player then drags it back the fella who scores is more than level with Edwards and a player on the line so a good goal as i see it .

chris gil

making football club owners cry since 1893

I aint got all the red lines and dotted lines that they have at stockley park but i reckon he's level and he didn't touch it , i hope to god it wasn't ruled out for Kearney being offside as he's walking back.

I agree on the Connors penalty shout he just tried to buy a foul and it never happened

keith1

Having watched the video myself, I would agree with Chris - the assistant was wrong in flagging both goals offside.