1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet v Folkestone Invicta, Saturday 6th January 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Looks like Michael Chambers should be back, probably on the bench, with Anth Anthony Acheampong going on loan to Welling.

Could be Reise Allassani's final appearance for the Hamlet if media reports of numerous Football League scouts attending are accurate.

Also good news that Gavin Tomlinson may be fit to play again by the end of next month or so. Would be a massive boost to have his skills and experience for the final 6-8 weeks.

editor and pinknblue like this.
  2. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

From the sounds of it they’ll be more scouts than Baden-Powell’s back room in Champion Hill on Saturday in which case their will be a dedicated turnstile for clubs looking at Reise. Serious bidders only!

Nivag, editor, darryl and 2 others like this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Damn! Looks like I missed a cracker today! 4-3 to Hamlet in front of over 2,000!

Shame those jammy shitehawks Billericay got their usual last minute equaliser though.

pompeydunc, bkbk and Pink Panther like this.
  4. Pink Panther

Bit more exciting than it should have been at the end. They looked dead and buried at 3-1 down then we rather let them back into it.

pompeydunc and StephenMac like this.
  5. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Their last goal looked corker!!

It was a shame their opening goal was the first shot on target for them.
    We should have scored before then but it was a good game to watch. Nana's goals were well taken, could have been more goals all round. I think it confused them when Reise went off (I hope he's ok) they didn't know who to mark.

Pink Panther likes this.
  6. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

great attendance (over 2,000)
    good atmosphere
    good away fans
    great goals
    great game
    great result
    great to be still top of the League

Whats not to like

editor likes this.
  7. PartisanDulwich

8. Griff_Turnstile

Well over 2000!! Don’t believe the tripe! Public Enemy during Their short lived Yorkshire clog dancing phase.

9. Griff_Turnstile

Fortunately they just couldn’t buy a wiener today.

10. PartisanDulwich

11. Posh 'n Proud

Posh 'n Proud Well-Known Member

That last picture! Is there anyone NOT holding a drink?

I suppose the continuance of pitch-side drinking is why Hamlet fans are readily philosophical when play-off campaigns falter at the final hurdle.

editor likes this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

13. PartisanDulwich

If we can win at Margate

and remaining games go as the form guide would suggest we will be still top of the League going into February

Dare to dream

Pink Panther likes this.
  14. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

A couple double parking there...

I don't anyone who is philosophical about losing in the play-offs three seasons in a row...

15. Pink Panther

Well I am, as all those defeats have been against clubs finishing at least ten points ahead of us, and therefore more deserving of promotion. If we start missing out on the championship by the odd point, then losing at home in the play-offs to sides who finished well adrift of us, I might start getting upset about it.

Play-offs are vastly overrated for me. They encourage supporters of clubs who've had a decent but not excellent season to believe they'll go up, then when it doesn't happen they feel hard done by. We all know you have to win the league to be sure of going up; for me anything else is a bonus. I'll take promotion via the play-offs if it happens, but as long as the season-by-season improvement continues I'm prepared to wait another year and go up as Champions.

I'll go to any play-off final as I want to be there if we're promoted, but I'm no longer interested in attending play-off semi-finals. I've only attended two out of five so far, which were the two at home. The Enfield game last season was a terrific performance, and in any other situation would have been a memorable victory, but it was always going to be meaningless if we were unable to replicate it four days later for the final. On reflection it was one of the most hollow victories I've ever experienced as a Hamlet supporter.

Griff, this is baffling even by your incredible standards. I reckon Bletchley Park would struggle to make any sense of it!

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  16. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

# AMFBLYPO

Tranaslates as hashtag Against Modern Football But Love Play Offs.

Not me, I'm with Pink Panther on this one!

Pink Panther likes this.
  17. PartisanDulwich

Some great comments from Folkestone Invicta fans on their fan forum site
    credit to all at Champion Hill and all we are trying to achieve

and credit to their fans for noticing, posting and making the odd constructive criticisms

"The only gripe I have is Dulwich seem to have the world's tightest turnstiles! There are probably still a few people stuck in them now!"

"Great atmosphere at the game yesterday, due in no small measure to the excellent running of that club. ( need more tea outlets though ! ) "

"I must say that from arrival the Dulwich crowd were very welcoming indeed.
    While I was wandering around outside the ground I was getting thumbs-up, friendly waves and quick chat, the same inside."

"The Dulwich crowd seemed very friendly, also very complimentary of our team.

It was a large turnout by Bostik league standards. 2000 odd not to be sniffed at!
    They seem to have perfected the knack of attracting many families."

"Must admit that Dulwich could have a rosy future with a large young fan base and family atmosphere"

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    clog, Lucy Fur, Noss and 2 others like this.