1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet v. Crawley Town friendly, Tues, 18th July

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Looking forward to be back at Champion Hill tonight for a few pints. Are we expecting a few Crawley fans to make the trip?

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Reckon I'll be there

4. Dulwich Mishi

I wouldn't have thought so, they're not the best supported, this would be one for the diehards/new ground tickers...and they've played at Champion Hill before. If they bring more than fifty or so I'll be surprised...

5. Dulwich Mishi

6. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Lost 2-4, but fairly encouraging I thought. Two of their goals in the first half came from defenders giving the ball away in the final third (Chambers looking particularly rusty), and that can be tightened up. And Dumaka's second goal was a beauty.

Thought we looked a lot better once Elliott went off and Kottoy came on - he looked good until all the changes were made and it got a bit chaotic - neat and tidy, and pinged the ball about efficiently.

The back three aside, who held it together pretty well, and Nyren of course who did his best up front, didn't think anyone else who came on in the raft of second half changes was overly impressive - the 10 probably warrants a bit more of a look for his almost-wonder-goal alone, but Goulding looked ordinary and not overly interested, I'm not sure the 18 was actually a football player, and I assume the 14 was in the squad because Josh Fernandes has reached puberty and we need a replacement child.

Hopefully we'll see Koroma back because it doesn't look like we've got replacements for Sekajja or Camara lined up yet.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Nivag and StephenMac like this.
  7. YTC

YTC Human Man

[​IMG]

Bugpowder Dust likes this.
  8. Jules P

Jules P #noprestonnoparty

[​IMG]

Feels good to have football back at CH! It's been, like, 8 months since the last home game right?!

9. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

After this dance doesn't Carlton find out its Wills' ex-girlfriend?

Jules P and Cyclodunc like this.
  10. Dulwich Mishi

Blitzwalker and Noss like this.
  11. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I thought the game was good, their 2 first goals were a bit soft but taken well.
    Agree about our number 10, that was almost the goal of the season contender.

12. NPDHFC

NPDHFC In daß Haus

It's definitely up there, given we've only scored three... ;)

Pink Panther and Jules P like this.
  13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Crawley looked very slick and sharp in the final third right from the kick off, attaining a level we just don't encounter in our own division. We'd probably have got away with the first goal, and maybe the second, in a league match. We did well to fight back strongly enough to go in level at the interval and it was good to see Dumaka bag a couple of goals following his niggling injury over the second half of last season.

Of the newcomers I felt Acheampong looked capable enough at the back; Elliott went off after around 20 minutes to be replaced by Central African Republic international Ralph Kottoy, who has previously played for lower division clubs in France and Belgium. Elliott and substitute forward Jeff Goulding have both played a substantial amount of Football League matches but I understand neither has played regularly in the past couple of seasons.

Team (3-4-1-2): Edwards - Acheampong, Weatherstone, Chambers - Ming, Kargbo, Elliott, Green - Carew - Tomlin, Dumaka.

Subs used: Kottoy, Wise, Taylor, Mascoll, Hayles, Guimares, Ferraz, Goulding, Clunis, + one other whose name I didn't catch.

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

15. Pink Panther

blueheaven, YTC, Nivag and 3 others like this.
  16. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

17. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Will be on club site soon

18. Dulwich Mishi

19. Dulwich Mishi

Anyone else Mr. Watts...and I might have taken the bait...

Northern Dave likes this.
  20. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Active Member

21. Pink Panther

With some of the dodgy kit suppliers we've had in the past I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see a rogue "s" on the shirt. These are good quality and nicely cut, unlike the Late Knights sponsored "darts smocks" of a couple of seasons ago.