Dulwich Hamlet v Concord Rangers - Saturday 11th August 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Aug 9, 2018 at 12:16 PM.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Barely 48 hours now until the next home game. Can't wait after last night!

bkbk, StephenMac and iamwithnail like this.
  2. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Hates Meadow Residential

Leatherhead fans send Sammy Moore their best wishes :p

3. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

5 minutes before kick off and attendance looks very low. Less than Wednesday night I'd guess.

Clunis on the bench.

4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Taylor for Green is the only change to the starting XI. Clunis returns on the bench with Onovwigun filling the vacancy on the bench left by Carew serving a one match ban.

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

0-1 at half time against tough opposition. We've had some chances too but we'd do well to get a draw out of this unless we improve in the second half.

6. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Trouble with the trains today ive heard
    1-0 down ht

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So we lost 0-1, but the second half display was much more encouraging. Their goalkeeper's sudden bout of cramp - just as Hamlet hit a golden patch - was annoying.

8. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

Similar to Wednesday . 1 0 down at ht but all the play second half but CR were much better than ET in keeping their shape and making it difficult to reak down. Dipo should have scored though ....

Pink Panther likes this.
  9. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Certainly deserved a draw if not more
    Concord had very few attempts on goal - but had a gifted goal
    Hamlet played well second half (again) but finishing poor
    We hit the post and went close numerous times
    Sure Gavin can sort this out
    Attendance 822 not bad attendance considering

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 6:05 PM
  10. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Member

This one will be tough to take. One change to the starting XI (Quade for Green) and Ming having to move to the Left took a lot of pace from both our wings. I get why Gavin moved Ming, to provide pace to support Vose, but the first half played into Concords hands as they scored from a corner, a towering head at the back post. We should have had a penalty as Walters was felled inside the box.

We outplayed Concord in the second half, but that was to be expected as we went 1-0 down and they parked the bus. Concord looked taller, fitter and more organised than East Thurrock, defended well but offered very little from open play (I can’t recall Preston making a save).

We couldn’t break Concord down in the second half and Dipo was unlucky as a well worked shot came of the post. Dulwich fought to get a goal, it just wasn’t our day. I would drop Tomlin for Clunis or Dipo as we had too much link up play and not enough fire power. We need to create more clear chances and get more bodies into the box from crosses.

Ref was a smiley ****. There Goalie was a tall, horribly dressed and very unpleasant ****. Chelmsford looms.

JoeBoy1959 and editor like this.
  11. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

We lost but we played well, draw would have been fair... I think as the season goes on we’ll be more clinical when it matters but performances are encouraging.

We march on :thumbs:

scousedom likes this.
  12. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Annoyingly, and I know a few people spotted this, but a Concord chap not in the dugout with initials JB on his top marched out the tunnel, strolled behind Junior and Gavin and halfway down the touchline, called to Beasant, motioned to him to sit down as soon as possible, walked back again, and all without the linesman and referee noticing. Even more annoyingly he did this twice, with Junior noticing on the second occasion. When he told the lino he didn’t want to know. No cramp whatsoever

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  13. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

How did we lose to those horrible bastards? Their keeper and one of Moore's goons produced one of the most amazing displays of cheating I've ever seen: the goon in question walked down the touchline, past Gavin and Kadi, to tell the keeper to go down at the next opportunity, which the shitmuffin duly did. I haven't seen anything so blatant for a long time. They celebrated like they'd qualified for the Champions League, too.

We played OK, but how many times did we work that cheating tossbucket between the sticks? The reason we looked so threatening v ET, and indeed the reason we won, was because we were peppering their goal with shots.

For the record, I thought Clunis played well when he came on - mainly because he gave us width on the right, rather than coming inside and fizzling out. #TeamNyren

Tomlin has to hit the scrapheap soon (preferably now). Lovely touch, but he's not mobile or clinical enough. Neither is he fit. I know Dipo was clumsy today, but he or May have to be better options from now on.

We really missed the width from the full backs today - I love Quade to bits (to fulfill my controversy quota for this post, I'm actually going to say I think he's one of the best footballers in the squad), but he can't glide past opposing full backs and Sanchez looked uncharacteristically conservative on the left. So often Vose or Kargbo looked out to the wings for an out ball, but the full backs weren't there/were too deep.

The backline will come in for question I suspect, but we've had so many injuries and changes that it makes gelling impossible. Our three left footed defenders were all injured today. I'm quietly confident Pappoe will come good, but he's a touch rusty at the moment.

Chelmsford's going to be tough. Hopefully Green or Tanasheh will be back by then.

Nivag and Pink Panther like this.
  14. Moroccan Sunset

Exactly. I just can't believe that people genuinely resort to such open cheating. The thought of Gavin lowering himself to something like this is laughable.

I suppose that's the difference between class and classless.

15. Moroccan Sunset

Attendance was worryingly low, as well. Where the fuckery was everyone? I know the trains were buggered, but I don't think that accounts for the 4/500 extra people I'd have expected to turn up for a Saturday fixture in August.

16. johnny clash

johnny clash New Member

this kind of talk is really unpleasant.

17. Moroccan Sunset

It is genuinely disgusting. I surprise myself sometimes.

Lucy Fur and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  18. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Here's the cheating bastard getting "treatment"
    IMG_20180811_163116043_HDR.jpg

Add this to the goalie in the ET game doing his shoe laces up and I can't remember team last season who's goalie went down like he'd been shot in the latter part of a game to waste time.

19. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Member

Tomlin is a worry, too unfit to fit through gaps in the defence and we don’t need another play maker. He has a great touch and strength but if that is all he is offering at the moment Jay May seems to be doing it more effectively.

Dipo was clumsy today. He is a good finisher, very strong but is too slow when receiving the ball and gets closed down too quickly.

We have to tricky away games back-to-back, I think another strike partnership to start the game would not be the worst idea. Clunis and Dipo? Walters and JAY?

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I think we're going to find more and more of this pathetic 'sportmanship' happening as we're now in a higher league. And it fucking sucks.

21. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Member

Yeh keeper is called Sam Beasant. I’ve replied to his unsavoury tweet wishing him all the best...

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh please post up the tweet here!

23. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Member

Attached Files:

editor likes this.
  24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Ah I've found the tweet to embed here:

25. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Beasant's behaviour was tedious but there's not anything wrong with that tweet is there?

Cyclodunc, alcopop, darryl and 4 others like this.
  26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm deeply offended by it. Those white sheets could suggest all sorts of things that I'm ready to be OUTRAGED by.

27. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Member

It’s a deeply upsetting tweet I should not have had to have faced this evening...

28. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Moore had tried to tell Beasant himself twice but couldn't get the message across so he sent his lackey to do it. They were right under the cosh at the time.

Great shithousery tbf.

29. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Concord know they've played a good team btw. We'll be more than fine.

30. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

No, not at all. The “it’s coming keeper” is tedious as fuck as well.

Jamie Wyatt, pompeydunc, SDE and 2 others like this.