Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by StephenMac, Nov 22, 2019.
The road to Wembley starts here. Right fucking here!
Sadly not around the next two Saturdays due to work commitments. Will be hoping for an improvement in form, otherwise the rest of our season will consist solely of a grim battle to avoid relegation.
"Games don't get any bigger than this... heroic cup run ...the romance of the cu...."
"......free to concentrate on the league"
Just in case they need directions
From Dulwich Hamlet Football Club to Wembley Stadium via Harrow Rd/A404.
1 hr 18 min (13 mi)
1 hr 18 min in current traffic
1. Head north-east towards Edgar Kail Way
2. Turn right onto Edgar Kail Way
3. At the roundabout, continue straight to stay on Edgar Kail Way
4. Turn left onto Dog Kennel Hill/A2216
5. Turn right onto Grove Hill Rd
6. Turn left onto Camberwell Grove
7. Camberwell Grove turns left and becomes Camberwell Church St/Peckham - Camberwell - Vauxhall - Westminster Hwy/A202
8. Use any lane to turn left onto S Lambeth Rd/A3036
9. Use the middle lane to turn right onto Wandsworth Rd/A3036
10. Use the left 2 lanes to turn slightly left onto Bridgefoot/Peckham - Camberwell - Vauxhall - Westminster Hwy/A202
11. Slight left onto Drummond Gate/A3213
12. Turn right onto St.George's Square/A3213
13. Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Buckingham Palace Rd/A3214
14. Use the 3rd from the left lane to turn slightly right onto Piccadilly
15. Use the left 3 lanes to turn left onto Park Ln/A4202
16. Use the 2nd from the left lane to turn slightly left onto Cumberland Gate
17. Use the 2nd from the left lane to turn right onto Bayswater Rd
18. Use the left 2 lanes to turn slightly left onto Edgware Rd/A5
19. Turn left onto Harrow Rd/A404
20. Use the right 2 lanes to turn slightly right to stay on Harrow Rd/A404
21. Continue straight to stay on Harrow Rd/A404
22. Turn right onto Wrottesley Rd
23. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Wrottesley Rd
24. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Park Parade
25. Turn right onto Manor Park Rd/A404
26. Slight right onto Wembley Hill Rd/A479
27. Turn right to stay on Wembley Hill Rd/A479
28. Turn right onto Royal Rte
29. Arrive at location: Wembley Stadium
For the best route in current traffic visit Google Maps
Good old London eh. Probably double that by bus.
Quade at right back then, what’s happened to Aaron Barnes, is he injured?
Perhaps more to the point where's Marvin McCoy? I don't think Barnes did much to press his case for a starting place on Tuesday night.
Fair point PP, I had completely missed that he wasn’t starting.
Chapman at right wing back worked well then.
2-1 ahead after 30 minutes, two goals for Mills, after the visitors took an early lead.
2-2 draw, replay on Tuesday. So the home league match with Havant is postponed again.
Hard not to ask questions - what happened over half time to bring about the second half performance?
Odd changes as well - Yusuf logical, Conners to centre midfield? Clunis (sadly) on to late to really get his head into the game. I guess Ijaha and Hunte not fit or both would have added something.
Vose had a great first half but did nothing to justify staying on the pitch in 2nd. White and (New guy from Weymouth can't quite remember name) buzzing about for first 45 looked consistently threatening.
Nothing anyone could have done about 2nd goal which came from no where but still seemed horribly predictable that it would happen.
Comedy moment was Chappers getting cut off half way through mugging (new guy) off by second goal going in
Woeful second half. Struggling for positives right now.
No disrespect to Chippenham (ok, I'm going to disrespect Chippenham) but how we lost that after going 2-1 up I'm struggling to comprehend.
We offered nothing going forward in the second half, we couldn't create chances, there was no fight in the team. And that was against the least impressive team I've seen at Champion Hill this season.
Wealdstone FC 2 - 3 Royston Town FC
That ref did not like us - he was disagreeing with the management team even before the game started -
Mills penalised on every occasion - hes tall so yes players bounce off him
while White was fouled on a number of occasions and not given
Started as we did against wingate & finchley - another sloppy goal
then we started to play and last 20 mins of first half totally dominate and should have put it beyond doubt
second half - shocking and never looked like scoring - looked like no passion
sure a replay at Chippenham is the last thing we need
any way - onward
I find it telling that we got ourselves a crowd of over 3000 last weekend, but had under a thousand today.
Yeah I don’t read too much into the two attendances. Ricay 500 above par for a few one off reasons - the opposition, away numbers, international break - and today 500 below par for a Trophy game cos, I dunno, Black Friday started apparently, Palace at home, it’s wet and the occasionals all came last week.
Not a season ticket match either.
Our last comparable Trophy match at Champion Hill was against Royston three years ago, attendance 701. The previous Saturday league match was a highly entertaining 4-1 win against Worthing, attendance 2,032. So par for the course I'd say.
The replay is a bloody nuisance from a supporter's point of view. A very expensive train journey even if you have the spare time and don't mind arriving home well after midnight, with possible extra time and kicks from the penalty mark.
Is there any money in the pot to pop down to Wilko and get some 100 watt bulbs to replaces the dead ones on the floodlights!
Welcome to Champion Hill. You’ll have to wait until there’s at least one blown bulb in each pylon before they get replaced.
Funnily enough, it’s somewhat more complicated than that. It has also been more difficult than we had expected in terms of reaching a permanent solution as quickly as we had hoped.
I can’t comment on the work that’s been/being done by the club currently but given the state they have been left in in the past thanks to previous ownerships and the enforced “Make Do & Mend” approach from those tasked with keeping the lights on it’s a miracle the floodlights work at all so kudos to those ensuring they still do.
So will work be done at some stage in the ‘near future’?
It's been booked for a few weeks but waiting on the contractor to finalise a date when they can do it.
Any chance you can get a dimmer switch installed while they’re at it? The viewing experience of some of the performances recently would have been enhanced by one.
Pity we couldn’t have “borrowed” the BBC’s spare ones. I sure they wouldn’t have noticed.
Separate names with a comma.