Dulwich Hamlet v Bath City, Saturday 5th January 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Matt The Cab, Dec 31, 2018.

1. editor

editor Forked with electrons

They're right about this though. They seem to have got worse recently.

Loving this

2. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

5 or 6 bulbs weren’t on at the dog kennel hill end

3. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Exactly. This is spot on. We blew a lead 3-1 lead at home to the rock bottom side, we lost to Truro, we lost to Hampton, we drew to Gloucester. Alright, we beat Eastbourne on our homecoming, but then slumped to a defeat to the same side days later. We lost to Hemel Hempstead, we lost to Gloucester at the start of the season, we lost to Wingate & Finchley: a side a division below that had not long lost their manager to Enfield. If we can't beat the sides around us then, then who can we beat? If we pretend it's all OK, then frankly we're just sleepwalking towards relegation.

Panic won't help, you're right there GregDHFC, but the time for action is now. Gavin needs to do something immediately.

Lucy Fur and Poids like this.
  4. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

That's an excellent thing to have your afternoon soured by. Was a bugger that the tiny ginger bastard was such a good player though.

Jules P and editor like this.
  5. Cyclodunc

We beat hungerford

6. Moroccan Sunset

Yeh, got me Hungerford's and me Gloucester's mixed up there.

7. Cyclodunc

Thought he was superb, and their centre backs were one of the best pairings I’ve seen in this league

StephenMac likes this.
  8. StephenMac

This is right but yesterday wasn't the best yardstick I don't think. Some of Bath's players were unbelievably good.

9. editor

editor Forked with electrons

I know it's not just my eyes as it's been more of a struggle to take decent action pics at Champion Hill under floodlights because the light is so dim.

10. Cyclodunc

Yep, was pretty bad for me. Real gloomy

editor likes this.
  11. StephenMac

Absolutely. I'm frustrated like everyone else but I thought Bath were excellent. Hardly an original thought but a fit again Kargbo and Vose should make a huge difference. Hopefully enough of one.

12. Cyclodunc

Magnus told me he’s back next week

13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Back from Paradise?

14. Moroccan Sunset

As if this weekend couldn't get any worse.

15. Poids

Poids Well-Known Member

That 19 was possibly the best player I've seen us come up against this season. Incredible skill and technique throughout. I spent most the game screaming 'Who's on 19? Who's on 19?' as a result.

I agree that the return of Kargbo and Vose will improve us, but I still struggle to see where the goals we so desperately need are going to come from.

StephenMac likes this.
  16. StephenMac

Oh absolutely. But hoping that Kargbo and Vose can help arrest the downward trajectory. Think Dipo will benefit (if given the chance) from Vose being back.

Nivag, Cyclodunc and Poids like this.
  17. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

I agree that Kargbo and Vose may do this but questions need to be asked why the players are not performing. Gav keeps saying they are not listening, so why is this? Why are they not following instructions? My advice to the management would be to have a good look in the mirror before the players are called out as being shit and not up to it. The decision to play Erskine (no disrespect intended) and leave your two top scorers on the bench was just as bad as Chambers heading into his own net. Fundamentally the management are making the decision to bring these players to the club and then ironically saying they are not good enough when results are poor, I find that shoddy.

18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Erm. Classic Gavin innit. Its a long list :D

19. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Active Member

6DFE8CDB-6BA8-4160-86AB-759FE1DE6DE1.jpeg
    Spot on. I feel Gavin is using more of the stick and less of the carrot. Dipo is 22. He has scored 6 league goals from 10 starts and 10 of the bench. He is young, thirsty and gives his all. How is he meant to develop as a player if he gets dropped after any game he does not score in. Nyren Clunis has 6 league goals from 18 starts. Put them up front together and give them 6/7 games. Find a way to play to their strengths. They tore apart a strong Billericay away from home last season and were both instrumental when Allessani was injured.

Give players a run of games and let them Gel. There Is no consistency in the team and the stats highlight this issue. I can’t see us picking up points if we keep fielding a different XI each week. We followed up a good point against Gloucester with an important win to Eastbourne with the same XI.

20. Moroccan Sunset

My thoughts on Clunis are well documented, but I agree with your sentiment. Personally, I think Thompson and Dipo would make a decent partnership: both are young, physically strong and mobile, one plays with his back to goal, the other seems more comfortable running towards it. I'd like to see them given a run together, especially if Vose is now back in the mix.

I'd be tempted to switch back to the 532 that we played last season, but that would mean dropping Banton and I don't think Gavin wants to do that. I don't know why, mind: Banton's got nice touches, but for someone who played in a Plymouth side that got to the League Two play offs, I think he's underperformed.

Lucy Fur likes this.
  21. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

Very strange decision in Gavin clearly making a point to his forwards ( Erskine playing instead of Akinyemi/Clunis). rather than giving the team the best chance to win the game. Looking forward to seeing his interview after the game. Did he give one ?

Lucy Fur likes this.
  22. Cyclodunc

I believe he did...

23. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

I heard he used the same line - some players last game - again. Change the record... And perhaps have a look at the squad's battered morale and team shape. Good players don't become terrible over night.

Toure is one bright spot from recent games. Chambers has gone from calm assurance to gaff prone in one month - mistake after 20 seconds yesterday. Asking Ferguson and Carew to play as holding midfielders with wingers and three up front is just mean - completely inhibits their natural attacking talent. Playing Erskine up front in the middle and then knocking balls for him to run on to was baffling...he's not the quickest! Banton has yet to show he's an improvement on other wide forwards... Could go on, but enough for now.

24. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Active Member

I’d like to see a team built around a few key individuals rather than trying to squeeze players into a system that clearly isn’t working. Dipo is a natural centre forward so play him alongside a striker (Thompson could definitely be interesting). Ferguson is a live wire so play him just behind two centre forwards. Give Vose and Carew the freedom of midfield and have Kargbo behind them protecting the defence. Play four at the back. I don’t need to see our Full Backs attacking if it comes to nothing and we get caught on the counter. We don’t have to use the wings, keep it narrow and get it forward. Most importantly have a core and stick to it. It doesn’t matter who we start now, what matters is starting them consistently and working on playing to that teams strengths in training. Dipo, Dipo Dipo, Dipo Akinyemi!

Lucy Fur likes this.
  25. Cyclodunc

26. ChampionHill FC

ChampionHill FC Active Member

Could we get bulb to sponsor the light bulbs :cool:

pettyboy, editor, Nivag and 3 others like this.
  27. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

They are now the energy provider at my new hipster flat in gentrified Bermondsey.

pompeydunc and B.I.G like this.
  28. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on those direct debit increases.

29. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I shall. Once I've got my £50 bonus and the Hamlet has theirs. (They can't be bigger shysters than British Gas.) Otherwise I'm back to Ovo.

B.I.G likes this.
  30. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

You must be neighbours with my cousin Tarquin. It's the development with the sushi bar and hipster barbers in the basement right?