Dulwich Hamlet v Bath City, Saturday 5th January 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Matt The Cab, Dec 31, 2018.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Since the 2000 are the sort of the people that their only worth is money rather than atmosphere or heart. Maybe their badge should say “We are the real fans”.

2. editor

editor hiraethified

Another big crowd in today. Bath fans have decided to join the Rabble so there's some unfamiliar chants. Ffs, they've made us swap ends.

3. editor

editor hiraethified

Lordy. We're getting outplayed.

4. editor

editor hiraethified

Getting back into the game. It's another sell out!

5. editor

editor hiraethified

Some fierce tackling going on!

6. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Time to sort out some portaloos I think!

7. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

nothing that an empty lucozade bottle can’t solve in the meantime.

8. editor

editor hiraethified

0-1 FFS

9. editor

editor hiraethified

Comedy own goal 0-2.

10. cg__

cg__ Well-Known Member

One for Own Goals and Gaffs 3 that

11. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Bath City radio commentary just uttered the phrase ‘Hipsterville’ :facepalm:

12. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Just remember that's a club from the same county as Glastonbury.

pompeydunc likes this.
  13. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

There were some proper weapons there today.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    editor likes this.
  14. Lyham

Lyham Well-Known Member

Swapping ends must have confused Erskine - he didn't know what side of the offside line to be on

15. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Well that was tripe! Why was Jacob Erskine playing was it Gav’s way of proving a point to the others who pissed him off after the last game. It’s fine to do that when you can bring in a bit of quality but please we not playing Hackney Marshes league here!

We looked shaky at the back and devoid of any authority in midfield and toothless in attack. It felt only a matter of time before they scored and I was surprised it took them that long.

We are in a real dog fight at the bottom now 8 points from the last 33!

Let’s hope Gav can find a rough diamond like a Reise or Erhun lurking somewhere!

pompeydunc likes this.
  16. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Bath have become a proper good team so no great shame in the result.

GregDHFC, Pink Panther and Nivag like this.
  17. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

I was surprised we went in drawing at half time, but felt we might have scored a lucky goal in the first half - that header right before the whistle was good, probably one of our only substantive attacks though. Second half was hard to tell, couldn't see much, saw the OG which was just terrible, confusion of all sorts it looked like.

18. cg__

cg__ Well-Known Member

Both Hungerford and East Thurrock won today as well

19. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Didn't realise it was a own goal. Saw it loop over Preston's head.
    But I couldn't see much in the second half.
    Was there any shots on goal in the game?

20. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

The header at the end of the first half was a save from Ryyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn but one of the only ones.

21. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

Very poor. Hamlet will go down if they continue to perform like this. Good job most of the crowd can’t or don’t want to see the game.

22. editor

editor hiraethified

Jacob Erskine is a one man offside machine.

Jimbob73 likes this.
  23. editor

editor hiraethified

Are we going to increase the stadium capacity a little bit more every game so we can be in state of constant 'record attendances'?

24. editor

editor hiraethified

So there's that little stretch of the ground at the far end (by the pylon) where there's hardly any space to pass. And that's exactly where some bloke decided to park his pram and attend to his baby's urgent cuddling needs at the end of the game where people were all queuing to get out of the adjacent exit. :facepalm:

Taper likes this.
  25. editor

editor hiraethified

And my personal highlight to wrap up a shit afternoon. I'm picking up discarded cans at the end. I've got my hands absolutely full and then some bloke finishes off his can and tries to hand it to me so I can take it to the bin for him. You fucking twat.

26. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

These people need to be manhandled.

27. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

28. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

They just looked a step up from us, did we have a clear chance all game?.

29. editor

editor hiraethified

30. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Or how long until we are fined by the FA?

Superb crowd today and the players got an undeserved applause from the Rabble at the end. There was not a lot to cheer about in that game and even after we managed to keep it 0-0 at half time I didn’t think we were going to score with Erskin up top and we always manage to find a way to concede.

The stats in the programme made for an interesting read. Vose is the only outfield player to have hit 20 starts of a possible 24 so far this season. Dipo has 10 league goals starting and from the bench whilst Nyren is the next top scorer with 6. Both have been in and out of the team and their is no consistency. Dipo is statistically our best striker this season and by a mile. He should be starting every game. But it’s another defeat, it will be another moan from Rose about the players and probably another 5 changes next week.

pompeydunc likes this.