Dulwich Hamlet v Bath City, Saturday 5th January 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Matt The Cab, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Hoping for another huge crowd for this one. In excess of 2000 would be decent considering it may well be our 4th game in 10 days. With 3 being at home.

Pick up 3 points new years day and start the new year in style.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  2. Matt The Cab

As I'll probably be missing Eastbourne it feels wrong to start the thread

3. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Anyone know how many Bath City supporters might come along? Decent travelling support?

4. Matt The Cab

No idea but was looking at who we've yet to play at home

Welling
    Dartford
    Chelmsford
    Woking
    Billericay

They should all bring decent numbers... Not sure about the others.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  5. editor

editor Forked with electrons

I shall be there. Oh yes indeedy.

6. cg__

cg__ Active Member

I would hope for another big crowd, comparable to the Slough game, for this one. I imagine there is a small contingent of supporters (non-London natives who were home for the holidays/those out of London for the holidays) for whom this is their first available home game. This is the first game that the entirety of the group I usually attend with are back in London and available.

pompeydunc and Pink Panther like this.
  7. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I would guess same as what we brought down there, on a good day. Factoring in they've never played at Champion Hill before...

8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

They played Fisher Athletic at Champion Hill around ten years ago on a day when Hamlet weren't playing. On that occasion they brought a coachload, and no doubt others would have travelled by train or car. I guess they may bring 100 or so. It's been hard to gauge the away numbers in the big crowds for the last two games.

9. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Their away games against Hampton & Richmond and Woking had roughly 400 and 1600. Both those are about 150 under the averages for those clubs. I know there will be a lot of other variables to factor in but that might imply that for a journey of this sort of distance they would be a bit “below par”?

10. Cyclodunc

I imagine they may have quite a few London based fans for whom a game at champion hill is of more interest than those others (no offense to them)

I certainly know several people from Bath who when i mentioned this fixture their ears pricked up (and they’re not football fans)

Pink Panther likes this.
  11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

The Bath fans already annoyed me by whining about the fact we sell tickets online and there is a booking fee. Seemingly oblivious to the fact it still costs less to get in than at Bath.

We have reserved tickets for them for no reason whatsoever other than the fact they want to piss about and presumably turn up at 2.55.

Hopefully we make them queue for as long as we had to queue and they spend their entire game with stewards patrolling their every move. M

Also bath town/village is shit and there is nothing to see or do.

12. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Hehe.

B.I.G likes this.
  13. Pink Panther

You've just reminded me of when Kevin Davies joined Millwall on loan and I read a newspaper article in which he claimed he and his girlfriend were "bored in London because there's nothing to do".

Bath is a city, not a town or village. There's probably more to do there than in any other venue currently hosting National South football. Then again the most prominent attraction is the Roman Baths, and what did the Romans ever do for us anyway?

14. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

Plenty of decent pubs in Bath (My home town) , I can recommend a few if you play them again.

15. Clareg

Clareg Well-Known Member

Hope Ken Loach is coming.

StephenMac, Nivag, scousedom and 2 others like this.
  16. Pink Panther

So is his mate StephenMac!

20180818_150928.jpg

StephenMac and Nivag like this.
  17. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

How are ticket sales going
    would be good to be 2,000 plus

18. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

What a nice bloke though. Him, not me.

Dulwich Mishi and Pink Panther like this.
  19. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Bath won today
    so really need big effort from the boys

20. Cyclodunc

Very disappointing today

Dulwich Mishi and Poids like this.
  21. Dulwich Mishi

I know it’s early days... but that’s already understatement of the year...

22. YTC

YTC Human Man

1500+ sold online, this will be another close to sell out.

23. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

This, I think, (3 near sellouts on the bounce) is the evidence we need to suggest that we owe a degree of respect to the community to which we have returned.

pompeydunc likes this.
  24. Dulwich Mishi

When do we not respect our community? A community that as a Football Club that has been here since 1893 has been a part of the community at the heart of the community. It has always perplexed me ( not to do with your comments I hasten to add dcdulwich ) that locals who hardly help our Club tend to use phrases ‘the community will turn against you’ as if we are not an integral part of our local community ourselves...

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

The missing 2000 owe all of us that they still have a football club.

jnrknight, Scottfield, cg__ and 3 others like this.
  26. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

I could have phrased it better but my basic point was that none of this works without people turning up to watch us play and we should never take that for granted.

I actually think that we are in a better position than ever to not just be an integral part of our community, but also to serve it in practical ways and provide facilities it can use that we will not have done to such a degree before.

Pink Panther likes this.
  27. Pink Panther

I think that sort of comment can only be unhelpful and divisive. I'm sure there are many reasons why people couldn't or didn't travel to Mitcham, but the blame for that rests entirely with Meadow. Following the Hamlet should be an enjoyment, not the endurance test it became thanks to our landlords.

We were only occasionally getting more than 2,000 before the exile in any case.

28. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

I think the club should make badges for the 700 that travelled to Mitcham regularly so the other 2000 can thank everyone individually for keeping the club alive.

Maybe a segregated area for badge holders to recognise that they’re proper die hards aswell.

29. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Very galling they didn't travel and now we're back get treated to Erskine

30. Pink Panther

No evidence of wholesale changes just yet. Taylor, Thompson and Erskine start today with Onovwigun out injured, while Clunis and Akinyemi drop to the bench.