Dulwich Hamlet Transfers | Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Jules P, May 13, 2019.

1. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

That's a blow. I think he works as a scaffolder so if the new training schedule includes extra mornings that's probably tipped the balance against him being able to stay with us.

bkbk and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  3. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Updating Pink Panther's list in light of the further defections to Welling United. Given a good number of those on the Unconfirmed list weren't involved at the back end of the season, looks like a a lot of additions still to come:

Retained:
    Nyren Clunis
    Preston Edwards
    Aryan Tajbakhsh
    Quade Taylor

Arrivals:
    Ryan Case (Oxford City)
    Connor Hunte (Billericay Town)
    Jeffrey Monakana (Wealdstone)
    Kieran Monlouis (Hemel Hempstead)
    Richard Orlu (Welling United)
    Christian Smith (Wealdstone)
    Ade Yusuff (Folkestone Invicta)

Unconfirmed:
    Dipo Akinyemi
    Charlie Allen
    Ashley Carew
    Jacob Erskine
    Caio Guimaraes
    Simon Jorgensen
    Magnus Okuonghae
    Michael Onovwigun
    Jamie Splatt
    Dominic Vose

Loans expired:
    George Essuman
    Jamie Mascoll
    Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

Departures:
    Michael Chambers
    Anthony Cook
    Nathan Ferguson (Crawley Town)

Nathan Green (Welling United)
    Sanchez Ming (Welling United)
    Jay Rich Baghuelou (Welling United)

Dan Thompson

GeriatricMascot and Pink Panther like this.
  4. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Nathan Green will be missed but it does show how far we have come that Welling would snap up one of our star players because of a training schedule issue. It feels like We are heading in the right direction, just hope we can attract some quality to replace Green and Ming.

Nivag likes this.
  5. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

All the Nathans left the Dulwich
    Cry yourself to slee-eep

6. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

7. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

That's a massive loss. One of the best players of the Gavin era. We're gonna need one heck of a left back/left winger to replace him.

Pthorne and crocustim like this.
  8. liamdhfc

Reckon you'll only see one(max 2) of those on the unconfirmed list.

Expect to see a few more to be announced at start of July when contracts expire for those on full time contracts

AveryDave, bkbk and Pink Panther like this.
  9. Moroccan Sunset

I hope it's Dipo, but I'd lay my house on it being Vose.

Gutted for Erskine, but then again we'll probably resign him in February when Yussuff has broken his leg and we've come to the realisation that Quade can't play as a false nine. I look forward to his imminent return.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  10. Pink Panther

Yes, and as explained by Liam, the fact that further announcements can't be publicised until existing full-time contracts expire at the end of June suggests that those players are coming direct from National Division or Football League clubs, and possibly around half a dozen of them. So whilst we're all impatient to hear of new signings I think they're likely to be worth waiting for, on paper at least!

Akinyemi or Vose seems most likely to be the one existing player yet to be confirmed, possibly both if it's the "max 2". Or I guess someone else (Allen?) might hang around for pre-season on a trial basis.

bkbk and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  11. liamdhfc

Keep an eye on Twitter for announcements from the club about other signings

12. MrFab_JP

MrFab_JP Member

Green gone, what a shame.

13. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

Well, we've basically lost our entire defence apart from Quade and he's probably the one I'd have been least disappointed to see go! I'm just not sure where his best position is but I thought he was poor at right back so I don't want to see him there! Green, Ming and Chambers are all huge losses in my book especially Nathan Green. Welling have got two excellent players there! It's strange how we were weaker defensively last year than we were in our promotion season; we really don't want another repetition of that this year! These guys are not going to be easy to replace but I guess the new training schedule must have had an effect on some players with other jobs/businesses of their own.

Really hope that we retain Dipo if we're only retaining one more from last season. I think he's quality player and is only going to get better with more game time and experience. I can easily see him scoring 20+ this season if he gets a good run in the team. I'm also happy that we've signed a proven goalscorer (Yussuf) even though his goal have been at Isthmian level. I'm delighted that we've retained Aryan and signed Connor Hunte permanently. I thought they were superb for us towards the end of last season. I'm also very happy that Preston and Nyren are still here; I'm unashamedly a big fan of both!

14. Moroccan Sunset

Vose is being kept on.

It's not looking good for Dipo then. :(

15. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Danny Mills in. Was with Welling last year.

After the Green/Ming news came in last night I was perusing the Welling website and funnily enough wondered if we'd end up going after Mills. I couldn't see him having sorted a club and we were looking light on forwards.

16. Moroccan Sunset

I'd say that's the end of Dipo then. Mills and Yussuff won't have signed to sit on the bench and I doubt Dipo will hang around for a repeat of last season.

Mills has a massive reputation, but I can't say I was that impressed when I saw him last season.

17. liamdhfc

Think Mills is a great fit for us. Big and strong and holds the ball up. A player I know we have wanted for some time and ripped us apart when at Whitehawk.

I'd like to see Dipo back, but if offers are made and players don't respond positively then we have to mopve on.

18. Ben Caldecourt

Ben Caldecourt Active Member

Big signing, like the look of this a lot. Makes me wonder are we gonna go with a 2 up front? Didn't have a great season last year, scoring 9 in 36 - but can't argue with his record. He destroyed us when he was at Whitehawk and has a lot of experience at this level and higher. Very excited by this.

I will be disappointed if Dipo has gone, don't feel he was ever properly given a real shot. I do hope we can keep hold of him, but I doubt we will given the signings.

Pink Panther likes this.
  19. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Sometimes though you have to wonder why players go? They might get a reasonable offer, then ask for more money, or think they can achieve more elsewhere. It’s not always as simple as saying they’ve ‘been let go’.

Poids likes this.
  20. Ben Caldecourt

Agreed. I'm not disappointed in Dipo, or the management for him going. I'm disappointed as a fan losing a good player for my football club.

Not suggesting he's been 'let go'. All will be revealed though!

Pink Panther likes this.
  21. Pink Panther

I'm fairly sure I heard we went for him last year but he was trying to negotiate a pay off from Ebbsfleet for the final year of a 2 year contract. Then Steve King landed the Welling job so he went there, having been a key member of his Whitehawk team in the past. He's announced as joining from Ebbsfleet so he must have spent the entire season on loan to Welling in the end. I recall him scoring a hat-trick against us for Whitehawk in the FA Cup in 2015/16 and he was a real handful. Straight replacement for Dan Thompson.

22. StillOnFire

StillOnFire Active Member

Shame on losing Nathan Green, big fan whether I've seen him play. Very physical and gets forward brilliantly. Although I'm impressed so far with the signings so far, certainly a step up from last season.

23. StillOnFire

Any chance on a loan deal for Allassani? ;)

24. Moroccan Sunset

No.

25. StillOnFire

I meant it slightly tongue in cheek, but was a proper fan when I saw him in the Isthmian promotion season.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  26. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Was something that was bound to happen as the Hamlet moves away from the old “semi pro” set up on to a more “professional” set up... (Nathan Green moving on that is... presumably means Welling are not “full time” like Dulwich aim to be?)

27. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Buffalo Bill likes this.
  28. Pink Panther

29. Ben Caldecourt

30. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Updated list:

Retained:
    Nyren Clunis
    Preston Edwards
    Aryan Tajbakhsh
    Quade Taylor

Dominic Vose

Arrivals:
    Ryan Case (Oxford City)
    Ben Chapman (Gillingham)
    Connor Hunte (Billericay Town)

Danny Mills (Ebbsfleet United)
    Jeffrey Monakana (Wealdstone)

Kieran Monlouis (Hemel Hempstead)
    Richard Orlu (Welling United)
    Christian Smith (Wealdstone)
    Ade Yusuff (Folkestone Invicta)

Unconfirmed:
    Dipo Akinyemi
    Charlie Allen
    Ashley Carew
    Jacob Erskine
    Caio Guimaraes
    Simon Jorgensen
    Magnus Okuonghae
    Michael Onovwigun
    Jamie Splatt

Loans expired:
    George Essuman
    Jamie Mascoll
    Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

Departures:
    Michael Chambers
    Anthony Cook
    Nathan Ferguson (Crawley Town)
    Nathan Green (Welling United)
    Sanchez Ming (Welling United)
    Jay Rich Baghuelou (Welling United)

Dan Thompson (Kingstonian)

iamwithnail, Jimbob73, editor and 2 others like this.