Dulwich Hamlet Transfers | Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Jules P, May 13, 2019.

1. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

2. the 12th man

Don't think Yussuf is a fit for us from what I've seen. Oozes pace but is lost for far too long in a game!

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  3. the 12th man

StephenMac likes this.
  4. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Surprise!

pompeydunc likes this.
  5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

It appears Dipo Akinyemi has joined Cheshunt (on loan?) after all. He played for them today in a 1-1 draw at home to Corinthian Casuals.

6. The Balance

The Balance New Member

Does Reise have a chant yet?
    If not can I suggest, to the tune of Radio Gaga:
    All we need is Reise Allassani, Reise Allasaani.

That’s probably all my vocal ‘talents’ can handle but if it’s needs more lines then instead of
    Radio, what's new?
    Someone still loves you

You could have
    He’s scored again, what new?
    Dulwich still loves you.

7. the 12th man

Yep on loan and I would assume his loan deal started on Sunday as we have not released him to play in cup competition.

Pink Panther likes this.
  8. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

crocustim and 3010 like this.
  9. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

His first name is Ashley, is Ashley, is Ashley.
    His second name is Maynard, is Maynard, Is Maynard.
    His third name is Brewer, is Brewer, is Brewer.
    He’s Ashley Maynard-Brewer.
    Whoaahoo...

Jimbob73 and Son of Roy like this.
  10. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

New defender inbound

Pink Panther likes this.
  11. Pink Panther

He was a substitute for the Palace pre-season match but wasn't used.

12. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Some interesting quotes from Gav in the South London Press today:

Dulwich Hamlet boss provides update on former Crystal Palace man's injury - as boosts he can recover and play again

Gavin Rose says Dulwich Hamlet will do everything they can to help Reise Allassani as he recovers from the second cruciate knee ligament injury of his career. The former Crystal Palace attacker was back on loan with the National South club when he suffered the injury. Allassani, 23, also did the same knee damage when he came out of contract with the Eagles but rebuilt his career at the Hamlet, his goalscoring form leading to a two-year deal from Coventry City.

Dulwich manager Rose said: “We’ve had some positive news in that they think due to Reise’s athleticism – he has got quite a lot of bend in the knee – they are more optimistic he will be able to make a full recovery to play again than they were initially. I feel really sorry for the boy, he doesn’t seem to get the rub of the green. It was a very innocuous incident – there was no contact, just a quick turn and he went over in a heap.”

Rose doesn’t believe that Allassani got a “fair crack” at nailing down a first-team spot at the Sky Blues. The former England U17 international is due to be a free agent in June.

“I’d like to think Coventry will extend his contract because he is in a bad position,” said Rose. “But he knows that I rate him highly and the club love him as well. We’d back him to get back and up to speed. We’d give him that platform to kickstart his career but I’d also say Coventry can give him comfort to get his career going again."

“We are waiting to find out from Coventry if they still expect us to pay the money for his loan, that could leave us in the position that we’re not able to bring anyone else in. We have had one or two players who haven’t quite hit the standard that the club need and we’re in the process of agreeing their terminations. They’ve had opportunities since pre-season, some have done better than others.”

13. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

I'd have no qualms about giving Reise another go when he's recovered providing he's on some sort of pay-as-you-play contract. Anything beyond that initially has to be seen as a gamble due to his unfortunate injury history.

Regarding the last bit, I would imagine Ryan Case falls into this bracket along with Dipo or Vose?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  14. Pink Panther

I'd say it could be one or two of half a dozen. I'm not going to speculate personally but almost everyone seems to have been dropped at some point as we've frequently made 3 or 4 changes from one game to the next, especially during the recent lean run of league results.

15. barnsleydulwich

barnsleydulwich Active Member

Two cruciate injuries is not good. I'd say it's unlikely he'll ever play near the top level again. Clubs simply won't take the risk.

16. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Interesting piece in the SLP today.

- Ambrosine released
    - Gavin looking to get rid of a few others permanently (one player not willing to terminate - fair enough)
    - Potentially a few players going out on loan to create room for a few recruits

Dulwich Hamlet need to pass Havant & Waterlooville test to reach FA Cup first round - as boss Rose reveals one player refusing to tear up contract

Pink Panther likes this.
  17. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

“It was fantastic,” said Rose. “Not just in terms of numbers but it was a vociferous crowd."

A vociferous, key jangling, brolly waving bunch.

18. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Harsh on Ambroisine, IMO. None of his performances stick out in my memory as particularly bad.

19. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

“This season we have had a lower attendance. That doesn’t mean to say we are complaining, because it is still good, but it has been 1,600 or 1,700. It was great to have that extra 1,000 in there. You definitely felt it as a player and manager. You could feel the difference and both teams rose to the occasion."

That's quite misleading. Attendances haven't been lower compared to the same point in previous seasons. In five home Saturday League games up to Non-League Day in 17/18, we totaled 7,219 (average 1,444).
    Dulwich Hamlet | Home Attendances | 2017-2018 | Football Web Pages

In four home Saturday and one home Bank Holiday Monday League games up to Non-League Day in 19/20, we have totaled 9,985 (average 1,997).
    Dulwich Hamlet | Home Attendances | Football Web Pages

We're down versus the end of last season when approaching 3,000 was common, but attendances always grow through the season, so that's not a fair comparison.

Nivag, bkbk, Pink Panther and 3 others like this.
  20. Pink Panther

I thought he was a bit like Cheick Tourè, a reliable squad player but probably not quite good or dominant enough to be a regular starter for a club looking to do more than just consolidate at this level. We still look a bit thin at centre back although Gavin seems to have settled on Christian Smith for that role now. It looks like Ryan Case may be the player whose position is at a stalemate, unless this situation has only arisen during the last week or so. I'm sure there was a comment a couple of weeks ago that he'd declared himself fit to play after a knock but been overruled .

21. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Indeed. We've had, in the league, for at least 60 years:
    Our highest August, September and October attendances.
    Our highest midweek attendance (twice).
    Our highest attendance on Non-League day - despite the weather.
    Plus the highest FA Cup attendances at each stage of the competition in which we have participated this season.

the 12th man, scousedom and Nivag like this.
  22. T Corcoran

T Corcoran New Member

My money's on Ryan Case being the player not wanting to terminate his contract

Pink Panther and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  23. Pink Panther

He was a bit of a strange signing in the first place. A defensive utility player aged 28 who lives 50 miles away. Unless I'm confusing him with someone else I think he played at centre back for Oxford City against us last March and had a strong match, but that was arguably our worst performance of the season. I think he was also our first confirmed new signing in the summer which suggests Gavin actively sought his signature, he wasn't just "ballast" recruited during pre-season like Danny Pappoe last year.

24. T Corcoran

T Corcoran New Member

I thought he came from Bath City but was at Oxford on loan last year. He apparently came back to pre season unfit from what I heard a few months ago

25. Pink Panther

That may well be correct. All I know is he played for both Bath and Oxford last season, and having only seen the Spurs game for myself in pre-season I just remember that no one seemed very impressed with his performances. He was also at Wealdstone a while back and their supporters don't seem to rate him, whereas their verdict on the other ex-Stones players we've signed seems to be Smith - very good, and Monakana - decent but a bit up and down, i.e. typical winger. (Personally I think Monakana is our best out and out winger since Ellis Green with his ability to beat his man on either side from either flank and deliver a telling ball.)

26. the 12th man

Case only got a decent league run out against Wealdstone and acquitted himself very well in a excellent team performance......

pompeydunc and Pink Panther like this.
  27. Pink Panther

We seem to be gathering a rather large squad so I thought I'd try to update this list.

Squad at start of season:

Dipo Akinyemi
    Aaron Barnes

Ryan Case
    Tom Chambers
    Ben Chapman

Nyren Clunis
    Jack Connors
    Preston Edwards
    Charlie Grainger
    Connor Hunte
    David Ijaha

Danny Mills
    Jeffrey Monakana
    Kieran Monlouis
    Maliq Morris
    Richard Orlu
    Christian Smith

Jamie Splatt
    *Aryan Tajbakhsh
    Quade Taylor
    Dominic Vose

Lewis White
    Ade Yusuff

Arrivals since start of season:
    *Reise Allassani (on loan from Coventry City)
    Ben Dempsey (on loan from Charlton Athletic)
    Jarvis Edobor (Chelmsford City)
    Marvin McCoy (Aldershot Town)
    Amos Nasha (Dartford)
    Nathan Smith (Dagenham)

Departures since the start of this season:
    Yannis Ambroisine
    Ashley Maynard-Brewer (loan from Charlton Athletic expired)

Amos Nasha (Salisbury City)

*Long-term injured

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  28. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

No Jamie Splatt on this list, but he and Gavin both mentioned last night he will be going out on loan to Merstham, will wait for confirmation

Nivag likes this.
  29. Pink Panther

I thought there must be one or two more. I missed Marvin McCoy too.

I'll edit accordingly.

30. T Corcoran

T Corcoran New Member

What about Maliq Morris?