Dulwich Hamlet Transfers | Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Jules P, May 13, 2019.

1. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

B.I.G likes this.
  2. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

This H&R supporter has predicted Dulwich Hamlet will finish 6th. He’s created a video with all all his predictions

(It’s a bit of a slog)

More importantly, he has predicted Billericay to finish one place below us.

6EA37A94-4111-46A3-A64C-00FFC446434B.png

pinknblue and pettyboy like this.
  3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

It wasn't intended as a criticism, just an observation. Better to have frequent updates than things happening without anyone being told. I'm still adjusting to the reality that I'm not quite in step with the modern world.

He's still relatively young at 22, originally from Croydon and an ex-Arsenal Academy player. Hopefully Gavin & Junior can polish him and help him develop as a player as they have done with numerous others in the past.

So we now have a squad of 20 confirmed players, but as of last weekend as many as six of them appeared to be carrying an injury of some sort therefore I guess there may be a place on the bench at Tonbridge tomorrow for someone from outside that group, either an Academy player or one of the pre-season triallists or someone we haven't seen yet. (Although I would imagine most if not all of those pre-season triallists have now moved on in search of another club.)

2019/20 First Team Squad:
    Dipo Akinyemi
    Nyren Clunis
    Preston Edwards
    Aryan Tajbakhsh
    Quade Taylor
    Dominic Vose
    Yannis Ambroisine (Welling United)
    Aaron Barnes (Colchester United)
    Ryan Case (Oxford City)
    Ben Chapman (Gillingham)
    Jack Connors (Dover Athletic)
    Charlie Grainger (Leyton Orient)
    Connor Hunte (Billericay Town)
    David Ijaha (Welling United)
    Danny Mills (Ebbsfleet United)
    Jeffrey Monakana (Wealdstone)
    Kieran Monlouis (Hemel Hempstead)
    Richard Orlu (Welling United)
    Christian Smith (Wealdstone)
    Ade Yusuff (Folkestone Invicta)

Included in Pre-season Squad:
    Jean-Paul Antwi (Wealdstone)
    Terrique Anderson (Charlton Athletic)
    Aristede Bassele (ex-Welling United)
    Antonio Belo (Stumbras - Lithuania)

Thomas Chambers (ASPIRE Academy)
    Sandro Costa Dias Fernandes (Mildenhall Town)
    Ambrose Gnahore (Bischofshofen - Austria)
    Marvin McCoy (Aldershot Town)
    Maliq Morris (ASPIRE Academy)
    Darnell Smith (Barnet)

Jamie Splatt (ASPIRE Academy)
    Lewis White (Concord Rangers)

Departed:
    Charlie Allen (Cray Wanderers)
    Ashley Carew (Beckenham Town)
    Michael Chambers (Wrexham)
    Anthony Cook (Welling United)
    Nathan Ferguson (Crawley Town)

Nathan Green (Welling United)
    Sanchez Ming (Welling United)
    Magnus Okuonghae (retired)
    Michael Onovwigun (Carshalton Athletic)

Jay Rich Baghuelou (Welling United)
    Dan Thompson (Kingstonian)

Loans expired:
    George Essuman (Braintree Town)
    Jamie Mascoll (Wycombe Wanderers)
    Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

Unconfirmed:

Jacob Erskine
    Caio Guimaraes
    Simon Jorgensen

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  4. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

I think of those trialists, it's safe to assume Antwi, Anderson, Bassele, Fernandes and Smith have all gone. None have been involved in the last few friendlies.

Gnahore is a bit of an unknown. He picked up an injury, so it's not clear whether he's still recovering or if he's been released. Likewise, Belo: he featured throughout but was noticeably absent for the Palace game.

White and McKoy were both brought in towards the end, so I'd expect them to be still floating about. Whether Gav has signed them in the last week to cover injuries remains to be seen.

He tends to keep Aspire graduates around for a while too, so I expect Splatt, Chambers and Morris will still be around.

Pink Panther likes this.
  5. Pink Panther

Yes, it would be interesting to know whether any of the triallists have signed National League registration forms on a non-contract basis, although anyone who has may well be on the bench this afternoon. Past precedent suggests Chambers, Morris and Splatt may sign for Isthmian clubs on a dual registration basis within the next few weeks to gain experience at Senior level.

6. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

McCoy, White and Gnahore have been in the training ground photos/videos that have gone up this week, so it looks like they are still around the squad in some capacity.

Pink Panther and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  7. Moroccan Sunset

Just seen a picture of a training session from this week. Splatt is there with Mills, Orlu, Quade and co., so he's definitely still around.

8. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

9. Pink Panther

Registered First Team Players:
    Dipo Akinyemi
    Yannis Ambroisine
    Aaron Barnes
    Ryan Case
    Ben Chapman
    Nyren Clunis
    Jack Connors
    Preston Edwards
    Charlie Grainger
    Connor Hunte
    David Ijaha
    Danny Mills
    Jeffrey Monakana
    Kieran Monlouis
    Maliq Morris
    Richard Orlu
    Christian Smith
    Aryan Tajbakhsh
    Quade Taylor
    Dominic Vose
    Lewis White
    Ade Yusuff
    Ashley Maynard-Brewer (on loan from Charlton Athletic)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    WillClunas and pettyboy like this.
  10. pettyboy

WillClunas, Matt The Cab and Poids like this.
  11. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Loving this statement - He also explained why he’s a good fit for the armband. “I’m a winner, I love to win,” he said. “I don’t like losing!”.

I wasn't there at the weekend but I remember that from Welling on the opening day last season. He's was extremely voca,l but now he's our extremely vocal skipper

12. pettyboy

13. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

He is rapid

14. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

I think he might move better than Reise

Which clearly isn't to say he is better

Look forward to seeing more

15. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

Completely agree. He's the kind of player that the fans love because he will run himself ragged all over the pitch. At Tonbridge he lost the ball in the opposition's corner and ended up tracking back to the diagonally opposite corner.

Looking forward to seeing more of what he can do on the ball, though.

Pink Panther likes this.
  16. pettyboy

17. Pink Panther

Slightly bizarre to be loaning out two strikers simultaneously. The fact that we're retaining Dipo for tomorrow suggests that we're aiming to bring one in but can't get hold of him before Monday.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  18. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Gavin Rose can be ruthless.

Dipo I can understand. He looks no were near match match fit, in my eyes third choice striker, behind Danny and Yussuf. The fact he left pre-season, came back and started against Wealdstone May have reflected the injury/ suspensions but he does look sluggish.

I’m more surprised about Yussuf, who I thought was a great signing. He was Prolific in the Bostik (50 goals in 100 games), is lighting quick up front, not on the wing were Gavin Rose tried to show horn him into Pre-Season. Watching Yussuf train pre-match with the bench players I got the impression he isn’t that happy.

Maybe one or both have dual-registered? Or we have another striker lined up. Both deserve more minutes but are definitely not going to start ahead of Danny Mills who has been brilliant.

19. Pink Panther

Assuming they're under contract they can't be "dual registered". Dual registration is for non-contract players. Last season for example I think Caio Guimaraes played for Merstham on Good Friday then was on the bench for us at Wealdstone on Saturday. That sort of thing can't happen with contracted players who are loaned out. They've gone for those periods of time, then they'll be back at the end of those periods unless there's a mutual agreement to extend the loan period. As you say, Gavin can be ruthless if he doesn't feel players are doing what's asked of them.

The immediate worry of course is what happens if Danny Mills pulls a hamstring in the first five minutes tomorrow. There must be someone lined up to come in, probably a young striker on loan from a Football league club is my guess.

20. pengedragon

pengedragon Member

Must be difficult, as we only play with one up, to have someone happy to be on the bench but then good and fit enough to make an impact if called upon

21. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Website has been changed, just confirming Yussuf’s move now, nothing about Dipo’s. Looks like the original Tweet for the story which included Dipo has been deleted as well.

Moroccan Sunset, bkbk and B.I.G like this.
  22. Pink Panther

Media censorship!

Cheshunt are playing in the FA Cup tomorrow so we wouldn't have wanted Dipo cup-tied, which explains the announcement that he wouldn't join them until Sunday. If he's still joining them at all!

YTC likes this.
  23. Moroccan Sunset

Yay! Viva la Dipo!

Nivag and crocustim like this.
  24. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

25. YTC

YTC Human Man

26. Ben Caldecourt

Ben Caldecourt Active Member

Approximately 3 months after the post and we’ve loaned him out Tonbridge....

How buzzing am I for Allassani though.

27. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

dulwich hamlet  reise151.jpg
    Reise Allassani BACK
    The Joy..................

ps love the video #DHFCTV

28. Reg Merritt

Reg Merritt New Member

Perhaps the most significant point of the move is that we must be able to afford his wages.

29. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Or that Coventry are helping with this...as happens with many loan deals.

YTC likes this.
  30. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

I thought there was a weird glitch when I saw his name on flashscores. That's wild, and great!