Dulwich Hamlet Transfers - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Moroccan Sunset, May 11, 2018.

1. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Real shame - I thought he looked quality in pre-season, was looking forward to seeing him getting involved.

Pink Panther likes this.
  2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I thought he gave us a nice balance on the left of midfield and was more dynamic than Beaney, whom he effectively replaced. I guess the opportunity to sign Vose arose and he's more experienced, although like Beaney he doesn't seem to drive into the box or have a crack at goal; I'd also prefer him to play on the right.

3. Scrooge

Scrooge Well-Known Member

4. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

5. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

New striker in on loan

Pink Panther and Poids like this.
  6. Pink Panther

He scored 36 goals for Maldon & Tiptree in Isthmian D1N the season before last before joining Gillingham. Also had a month on loan at Leatherhead last Autumn.

I'm a bit concerned that this appears to be another player who hasn't had much first team game time or played at our level. Anyway, let's see what he can do.

Nivag likes this.
  7. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I can't find the stats for our players last year, what were the end of season tally for goals scored?

8. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Pink Panther likes this.
  9. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Looks like it is only one month:

10. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

20 - Nyren Clunis
    19 - Reise Allassani
    15 - Ashley Carew
    7 - Nana Boakye-Yiadom, Nathan Ferguson, Nathan Green
    6 - Muhammadu Faal
    5 - Marc Weatherstone
    4 - Kenny Beaney, Dipo Akinyemi, Anthony Acheampong, Michael Chambers
    3 - Rickie Hayles
    2 - Ibrahim Kargbo, Sanchez Ming, Gavin Tomlin
    1 - Omar Koroma, Corey Addai, Caio Guimaraes, OG

Nivag likes this.
  11. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm quite happy Gav's just got some fresh blood in - he's seen it's not working and he's trying something different. I don't really hold with that whole Sky-Sports-Bravado-Bullshit about only getting in players that are better than your current crop - sometimes I think a fresh face has a massive impact, even if they're not technically superior to what you already have.

Everyone knows our budget is limited compared to the likes of Woking, Welling and Weladstone so this may be the best Gav can get with the cash available. Getting a striker that has knocked in 30 goals for Torquay and Chelmsford is going to be out our range.

Dulwich Mishi, Poids and StephenMac like this.
  12. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Active Member

I agree with this, you can find gems without spending lots of money on players who are ‘on paper’ better than what we already have.

Leicester City won the premier league with and excellent manager and some outstanding players who just understood how they were suppose to play. Mahrez cost 400k? What a steal.

I don’t think Gavin brings in players because on paper they are good, he looks at how players can fit into his ethos. He wants ball playing defenders. He wants physically strong and fit players who can maintain a tempo. He wants players that can graft when things get dirty (kargbo).

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They certainly liked to celebrate that first goal.

14. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

15. Moroccan Sunset

Has Figueira been officially booted? Didn't see him at the game yesterday, but then again the Woking stewards may have put him a separate section to the subs bench.

I know his attitude came into question a couple of times, but I'd like to see him given another crack of the whip. He impressed in pre-season and I thought he stood out v East Thurrock. I seem to remember Danny Carr nearly fighting Gavin on the pitch after one home game back in the league winning season - he had a crap attitude to begin with, but came good in the end.

dcdulwich likes this.
  16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Tuesday friendly line up may reveal something I guess.

pettyboy and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  17. baleboy_93

Was doing a warm up with Tamba before the game along with Kamara, Abrahams, Guimaraes, Deen-Conteh and Dipo. Dipo I believe was named in squad as Tomlin was held up in traffic

all to nah and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  18. Moroccan Sunset

Thank Christ for the traffic.

Lucy Fur, Nivag, pettyboy and 5 others like this.
  19. all to nah

all to nah Well-Known Member

I'm aware of the fact that neither HFC Falke nor Altona 93 had been a real challenge for your team, but I really liked Figueiras performance down here. I'm a little disappointed he can't win recognition in the league.

dcdulwich likes this.
  20. Pink Panther

Then he came back three years later and appointed himself as penalty taker!

We've got quite a large squad right now; 22 different players started the last two matches, and several others haven't started either of them. Anyone under contract is unlikely to be released unless another club is willing to pay them accordingly. I'm not certain exactly which players are under contract but my impression is that Figueira is one of them.

dcdulwich likes this.
  21. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Ha! Was going to mention that. That was the game (just checked - vs Hampton & Richmond, NYE 2016) when he was brought on after half-time and then subbed off again about 20 mins later having insisted on taking the penalty, which he missed. Not a happy bunny - but then neither was Gavin, clearly.

Ended up going out on loan to Leatherhead the following week. So not all sweetness and light!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  22. Pink Panther

I'm fairly certain the opposition was Tonbridge. (Hampton won the league the previous season and went up.) We lost and he never played for us again.

23. baleboy_93

The opposition were Wingate & Finchley, both sides missed a pen in a 1-1 draw

Cyclodunc and Pink Panther like this.
  24. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Good point - but we’re both wrong. It was Wingate and Finchley.
    Edited to add: Ah, I see baleboy_93 - with the unfair advantage of a greater number of functioning brain cells - got the correction in first.

Nivag and baleboy_93 like this.
  25. Pink Panther

Yes, just checked and the Tonbridge game was a couple of weeks earlier. Mitchell Nelson scored an own goal, Damian Scannell got sent off (both playing against us) and they scored the winner from a set piece in stoppage time.

26. Pink Panther

blueheaven and the 12th man like this.
  27. Pink Panther

Ronco likes this.
  28. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Lovely statement from him, he always has time to say hello and acknowledge the fans.
    I hope he gets the match time that every player needs to stay good.

29. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

"Dulwich is not Tuscany. It is heaven."

Top man.

Ronco and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  30. Clareg

Clareg Active Member

Always approachable and good natured and great to see him on March last year.
    Lovely message

Pink Panther and scousedom like this.