Dulwich Hamlet Transfers - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Moroccan Sunset, May 11, 2018.

1. all to nah

all to nah Well-Known Member

Figueira impressed me a lot in both matches on the Hamburg tour, although I haven't seen him play against an "English" defence.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  2. YTC

YTC Human Man

3 confirmed today:

3. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Excellent, anyone got any extra background knowledge on these 3?

4. Jimbob73

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  5. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

Danny was coming through the Chelsea academy during the Essien, Lampard, Drogba years. Captained the youth team. He's unfortunately suffered a number of injuries over the past couple of years and seems to have lost his way a little bit. He moved to Brighton about 2 years ago but it didn't work out. Should be comfortable at CS level! He's a close mate of my cousin. Really nice guy.

Moroccan Sunset and Jimbob73 like this.
  6. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

So, unsurprisingly, Gavin has again replaced placed players who left, as expected by most whom 'In Gavin We Trust', rather than the few who panicked a little on this mesaageboard when a few of last season's squad were released.

Pink Panther likes this.
  7. YTC

YTC Human Man

Magnus was at Colchester for 5 years in the league, and captained them. Massive massive signing for us, turned down bigger money. That central defence looks to be getting shored up now with the loss of Ricky and Ach.

Here's what Magnus had to say on signing for us.

Jimbob73, blueheaven and baleboy_93 like this.
  8. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I've read anything from anyone who has been panicking, but we all like to play a bit of 'football manager' with the team we support! Gavin's assembling a very good squad and I think we'll be very competitive this season. Do we know if Kargbo is re-signing? I know we have Ouuvwigun as defensive mid but Kargbo's experience and know-how has been vital for us in the last two seasons and I think we'll miss him if he goes.

Is Anthony Cook injured? I know he picked up a knock against Haringey and I don't think he's played since, has he?

9. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I saw Cook mention he was sitting out Saturday's game to make sure he recovers properly for when the season starts.

10. Jimbob73

I like we have added some size and experience, we have always struggled playing our sexy football against more 'non-league style' teams.
    We seem now to have a really good mix of styles and attributes that will be invaluable in the National South.

11. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I think we had that last season, which is why we achieved about 15 points more than usual and got over the line in the play-offs at last. We've more or less replaced like for like with those coming in for Weatherstone, Acheampong, Hayles and Dumaka.

12. Sparkle Motion

Sparkle Motion Well-Known Member

Jay and Magnus are great signings. Looking forward to welcoming them back to Maidstone for the friendly. The downside of getting to the National is letting go lots of players who didn't quite make it with us at that level.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  13. Jimbob73

A couple more ex - A. Trialists now named in the team last night, does this mean two more signing announcements soon?!

14. YTC

YTC Human Man

Walter is in.

15. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

So we've now got Tomlin, Clunis, Dipo, Figueira and May all competing for the two striker positions? That's before Cundle returns from his loan/dual reg at Merstham, as well.

16. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Basically May has replaced Dumaka and Figueira has replaced Allassani, so the numbers are the same as at the end of last season when Faal and Boakye-Yiadom were out on loan.

Ming now appears to be the fifth centre back option as well as covering Cook at right wing-back, which Clunis can also do.

So I make that 19 players confirmed for the first team squad. I assume the other half dozen or so who featured in pre-season will have signed league registration forms on a non-contract basis, chosen not to stay, or been discounted by now.

Of course it's now possible for non-contract players to be dual registered with Isthmian Premier Division clubs to get game time, then brought into our team on an ad-hoc basis if required, which sounds to be the case with Greg Cundle.

Confirmed:
    Dipo Akinyemi
    Ashley Carew
    Michael Chambers
    Nyren Clunis
    Anthony Cook (from Ebbsfleet United)
    Preston Edwards
    Nathan Ferguson
    Walter Figueira (from Atletico Moura)
    Nathan Green
    Ibrahim Kargbo
    Byron Lawrence (from Billericay Town)
    Jay May (from Margate)
    Sanchez Ming
    Magnus Okuonghae (from Maidstone United)
    Michael Onovwigun
    Daniel Pappoe (from Foresta Suceava)
    Amadou Tangara
    Quade Taylor
    Gavin Tomlin

Unconfirmed or non-contract?
    Tanasheh Abrahams
    Caio Guimaraes
    Greg Cundle (ex-Gillingham)
    Zach Fagan (ex-Arsenal Academy, Whitehawk)
    Alfie Cain (ex-Chelsea Junior, Barnet Academy, Harrow Borough, Aylesbury United )
    Dominic Vose (ex-West Ham United Academy, Bromley, Chester )

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  17. YTC

YTC Human Man

Tanasheh is Non Contract like last season

Caio is still part of the Academy as far as I'm aware

Cundle has gone to Mertsham (not dual/non contract)

No idea on others.

18. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

Tanashe tanashe tanashe tanashe boooiii

Al Crane and Cyclodunc like this.
  19. Dulwich Mishi

Merstham not Mertsham.

20. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Dom Vose came off the bench against Welling - not sure if he's signed.

Here he is scoring Wrexham's "Best Goal in 151 years"

WillClunas, scousedom, Nivag and 2 others like this.
  21. Dulwich Mishi

If he came off the bench then he would have to be signed!

You may mean a contract, but he may be currently a non-contract player?

22. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Vose is a non contract player.

Moroccan Sunset and pettyboy like this.
  23. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

From the couple of occasions I've seen him, he's absolute quality. Quite vocal too, which could be useful in this post-Weatherstone, Beaney et al era.

pettyboy and Pink Panther like this.
  24. Harry R

Harry R Active Member

Vose was exceptional tonight.

25. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

Surpised to hear Byron Lawrence has gone back to leiston. Thought he looked good pre-season but seemed to be out of the picture lately

26. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

I believe that being based in Cambridge, he may have been struggling with the commute to games. Even missed the flight to Hamburg!! Shame to lose a good player though

27. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

He was having a long chat in the bar with Gavin after the ETU game.

Shame to see him gone but wish him all the best. Might free up budget space for Gavin if he does deem he needs changes.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  28. Al Cunningham

29. Al Cunningham

Possibly get Vose on a contract

pettyboy likes this.
  30. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

That's a shame, the games I saw him play he looked good and he wasn't shy in having a shot on goal either.

Pink Panther likes this.