Dulwich Hamlet Transfers - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Moroccan Sunset, May 11, 2018.

1. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Expect to see at least 3 of those you are waiting to hear about.

2. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Great start, at least we can field a team now. Gavin and Junior will have to be subs ;)

Need a new striker, or two, first I hope

3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'd say a couple of centre backs is the first priority. We've lost the three most experienced players from that position and even if all the unconfirmed players re-sign none of them are centre backs.

pinknblue and clog like this.
  4. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Anyone can play centre back, it's a piece of piss. We need strikers. Sexy football, sexy football...!! ;)

5. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Hates Meadow Residential

Agreed. We always had skill but found it difficult to win promotion before strong defenders Weatherstone, Hayles & Acheampong joined. Gavin learned that.

Pink Panther and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  6. YTC

YTC Human Man

Anthony Cook signs, big signing that.

7. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

8. SDE

SDE Well-Known Member

For a brief and crazy moment I thought Okoye might be coming (after his anno that he'd left Braintree) but I see he's now hooked up with Bromley. We need centre backs!!!

9. Pink Panther

I'm not convinced he's the right fit for our team. Perfectly good player, but each can probably do better than the other. (I'd rather have kept Acheampong, but I suspect he was on big money last season, we have all the Meadow shit to deal with, and if Steve King took the Welling manager's job you can bet someone is waving a chequebook around down there.)

We do need at least two more centre backs .

10. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Can't emphasise how much I agree with this statement. If we take anything from last season it's how much the defensive unit needs to be solid, we'll always score goals but not letting them in meant we pushed for the title right up till the last week.

We've lost some key parts to that unit and I don't doubt Gavin is looking to replace them. But no matter what the outcome is I can't wait for the new season

pinknblue, Lucy Fur, Poids and 2 others like this.
  11. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

I think it's as much to do with personalities, too. Weatherstone, Hayles, Beaney and Acheampong were all leaders and added much needed vocality and presence to the pitch and the changing room. In the past we've had many good footballers but lacked the grit and stomach to win consistently game in, game out.

12. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

[
    Gavin clearly thinks the same!
    Rose Is At The Ready As Dulwich Hamlet Come For Cook - The Vanarama National League

I think we need to two centre backs one of whom can also play right-back as cover for Sanchez. We also need a nippy forward player as we've lost our two most mobile forwards and DD and Dipo are bit too similar for my liking. i wonder if a couple of academy players might be promoted to the 1st team squad?

13. Pink Panther

Still only twelve players publicly confirmed for the coming season, so I guess more will be revealed when we see who appears for the first pre-season match at Walthamstow tomorrow. Looks like we're so short of numbers we're signing up supporters!

Dulwich Hamlet’s new signing has been a regular at their games before making switch to National South outfit – South London News

If four of the seven unconfirmed players rejoin, and we get the three new signings Gavin refers to in the linked article that takes us up to a squad of 19, which is the same number we had when last season began.

Confirmed:
    Dipo Akinyemi
    Ashley Carew
    Michael Chambers
    Nyren Clunis
    Anthony Cook (from Ebbsfleet United)
    Preston Edwards
    Nathan Ferguson
    Nathan Green
    Byron Lawrence (from Billericay Town)
    Sanchez Ming
    Michael Onovwigun
    Quade Taylor

Unconfirmed:
    Tanasheh Abrahams
    Dumebi Dumaka
    Caio Guimaraes
    Ibrahim Kargbo
    Mohomed Mohomed
    Amadou Tangara

Gavin Tomlin

Departures:
    Anthony Acheampong (Welling United)
    Reise Allassani (Coventry City)
    Kenny Beaney (Merstham)
    Nana Boakye-Yiadom (Concord Rangers)
    Muhammadu Faal (Kingstonian)
    Rickie Hayles (Billericay Town)
    Marc Weatherstone (Wingate & Finchley)

bkbk, AveryDave and editor like this.
  14. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

I can't get to Walthamstow tomorrow, but if those that can could give us an idea of who is filling out the squad around the players already confirmed, it would be greatly appreciated.

15. Pink Panther

It appears that Abrahams, Guimareas, Kargbo, Tangara and Tomlin are still with us. There are four triallists in the starting XI but their names are not disclosed at this stage.

16. Moroccan Sunset

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  17. Pink Panther

Obviously if people recognise any of these players, or find out their names by by asking, there's not much the club can do. But none of those players are confirmed signings, and there may still be other clubs willing to make them better offers than we can.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  18. Moroccan Sunset

Didn't realise the club were deliberately keeping names under wraps. Post edited now. You might have to edit the quote in your post to remove the names entirely, PP.

19. Pink Panther

I would imagine any danger of having one of them snatched away is more likely to come from his own agent touting him to other clubs than from a rival club noticing him playing for us as a triallist. The main point is that none of them has committed to us just yet and they may have other offers, but most of them have substantial experience at National League level and there were some impressive performances among them.

The two confirmed new signings both looked very good indeed; Lawrence in the Beaney role on the left of the midfield, Cook at right wing-back.

Seven triallists appeared in total plus 12 of last season's squad and the two confirmed new signings, with Edwards in goal for 90 minutes and everyone else playing 45 minutes. I believe three of the triallists are in the squad for the Hamburg tour., along with a fourth potential newcomer who didn't appear today.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  20. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

For those that didn't make it today you are in for some absolutely stunning goals, finishing was sublime today, Kargbo with a trademark 35 yarder into the top corner.

Although the opposition was noticeably weaker, particularly in the second half, it was a good performance by the side, particularly Chambers, Lawrence and Cook of our confirmed players.

21. Pink Panther

Some decent finishes from A.Triallist x3 as well! Plus a shot against the underside of the crossbar from Akinyemi that would have bettered Kargbo's goal had it gone in.

baleboy_93 likes this.
  22. Moroccan Sunset

This is exciting. When will the highlights be up, Tom?

23. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

If available-to-be-signed players are scoring worldies for fun, may I suggest “After dotted lines have been signed upon”?

Pink Panther and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  24. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Jamal was editing the first half during England game (and was the only person in the bar to have missed the Maguire goal haha), hoping Monday at the latest

25. Moroccan Sunset

What scousedom says. I've reconsidered and I don't want any highlights ever. Let's get these fellas signed!

scousedom and baleboy_93 like this.
  26. Pink Panther

Or pixellate all the triallists so no one can recognise them.

27. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Perhaps photoshop them having a stinker?

scousedom and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  28. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Reminds me of Ryan "The Myth" Martin, of Sunday league side SE Dons, who is always pixellated in their match videos...

29. Pink Panther

There was a Ryan Martin in Gavin & Junior's first Hamlet youth team along with Ellis Green and Rob Tolfrey around 15 years ago. He was a skilful left winger who later played for Beckenham Town with Gavin, Junior, Green, Tolfrey, Peter Adeniyi and other familiar faces. There must be a good chance that's him in the video.

clog likes this.
  30. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

I think it is him.

Pink Panther likes this.