Dulwich Hamlet Transfers - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Moroccan Sunset, May 11, 2018.

1. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Am sure there will be a counter-argument about him living in Essex or something but his statement looks pretty shit in light of who he has signed for.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  2. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

His list of previous footballing employers does indeed suggest that he lives out that way somewhere. Dulwich is the name that stands out as the odd one out really not Billericay. As such it's quite possible his statement is true.

3. MrFab_JP

MrFab_JP Member

Well whatever the reason, he is gone now, good luck to him! And thanks for the performances. I hope we sign a few leaders as we have lost quite a few strong characters! #ingavwetrust

4. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

From the outside, and I could be very wrong, the Hayles and Acheampong departures feel player led rather than Gavin's decisions (as in the case of Beaney, Weathers etc) . Not in the blueprint I'm sure but these things happen, it's the nature of football at this level, and I'm sure Gavin will be bringing in capable replacements.

5. StephenMac

I'm pretty sure he does. If I was him I would probably have been a little more specific in my leaving statement about the geographical aspect if I knew that Billericay were just about to announce my signing. Still, each to their own.

SDE likes this.
  6. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Important players can be replaced, and I'm sure Gavin and Junior will do that - but it does feel like we've taken a knock in terms of continuity. The final quarter or so of the season was all about the defence, and we've lost three players who were a big part of that. Whoever comes in, it will take some time to get back to that level.

Poids likes this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The lure of the kerching, perhaps?

Ronco likes this.
  8. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

'kin 'ell , he was superb the last few months of the season and to go to them cnuts. oh well ,good luck and thanks for the memories

9. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

After everything that's gone on this season, how could he sign for those shit-swizzlers? Judas.

Lucy Fur likes this.
  10. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

To be honest, Billericay have not been anywhere near the worst of our problems this season.

darryl, dcdulwich, clog and 1 other person like this.
  11. Moroccan Sunset

Oh no, they're not problematic, just revolting.

Lucy Fur and Pink Panther like this.
  12. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

His programme profile last season said he lives at Westminster. Of course he may have moved since then, or he may just have been offered several hundred quid a week more than we could pay, given that their overall player budget was 6 times the size of ours last season.

StephenMac and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  13. Moroccan Sunset

I think Gav's gonna need slightly more than the 3 or 4 new players he mentioned earlier this week.

StephenMac likes this.
  14. StephenMac

Then maybe his family commitments line is that he needs more money for them. Nature of the beast I guess but doesn't stop it sticking in the craw a bit.

Jules P and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  15. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Didn’t rate him that much. Too slow in my book. Let him join up with Waldren another has been!

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Just like to say if Gavin finds himself short of players, just give me the nod.

Buffalo Bill likes this.
  17. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Bugger. Wouldn't be that fussed about losing him on his own, but that's the bulk of a bloody good defence now gone which is a big worry when stepping up a league. Don't blame the guy at all if he's getting a pay rise to go there, though.

Pink Panther likes this.
  18. Moroccan Sunset

You don't blame him for taking more money to go to a club that's captained by a racist and run by an egomaniac that's mocked mental health issues, threatened one of his own players and tried to cheat on his wife by attempting to buy sex from his player's girlfriend?

No fair play, Rickie. If it means more cash good luck to ya.

Ronco, Lucy Fur and supersafari like this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If you're looking for morals and ethics in the football industry, you'll be in for quite a search!

20. Moroccan Sunset

Yeh I know, but that shouldn't stop people highlighting the immorality that does occur.

As far as I'm concerned by going to play for that crook and taking his money you're not only helping someone that deserves derision, you're condoning his actions too. For me it's totally tarnished everything that Rickie did last season.

Lucy Fur likes this.
  21. Pickers

Pickers Member

That’s 3 or 4 of last season’s (mainly first team) now gone plus 1 or 2 others. Whilst Allassani was always going to go some of the others are a little bit more of a surprise. If you were an outsider looking in you would definitely think that there was budgetary issues now coming in to play given the circumstances.

Hopefully it’s a case targets have been identified and budget needs to be created to fund them rather than pure cost cutting.

Whatever will be will be and long term survival is the key. But hopeful of some new arrivals soon.

Pickman's model and Pink Panther like this.
  22. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

He doesn't owe Dulwich anything. He had a job to do and he did it, and he was only here for one season. Whether we like it or not our players have had an unsettling and worrying time with regards to finances and the stadium, so if he's had the chance to swap that for a significant wage increase and that's what he feels is the best decision for him and his family then no, I don't blame him. Possibly I'd like to think that I wouldn't make that same decision if it was me, but it's not me who's in that position.

23. Moroccan Sunset

I'm not saying he does owe DHFC anything. If he wants to move on, that's fine, I get it. As you say, it's been a tumultuous season and I wouldn't blame him for wanting some stability. I do however blame him for taking cash off a man whose faults are well documented, disgusting and numerous. I don't know how anyone can willingly join his vanity project after some of the sickening things he's done/said.

I know non league football has dubious individuals all over the place, but Tamplin, from what I've seen, has to be one of the most odious I've come across in 20 years of watching DHFC.

24. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

If everyone was as principled as that Billericay wouldn't be able to field a team each week. Welcome to the real world!

Rickie Hayles is 34 next season and this could be his last big contract before he hangs his boots up or drops down to play at a lower level. As for the unspecified personal circumstances he refers to, that could be all manner of things that I don't have to deal with, I won't attempt to speculate, so that's his prerogative if he doesn't want to go into details.

If Weatherstone and Acheampong hadn't already left I suspect there would be a lot less comment about Hayles leaving.

25. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Having morals is great when you can afford it, unfortunately not everyone can and the need to look after yourself/family and put food on the table and a roof over your head comes first.

GregDHFC, bkbk, blueheaven and 3 others like this.
  26. Moroccan Sunset

Not my point. I'm not naive enough to think people will turn down Tamplin's ill-gotten cash (money talks, especially in football), but I don't think they should be exempt from criticism when they do. They're taking dirty money from a self-serving thug and by taking that money and playing for him they're furthering his footballing/business ventures.

They can hide behind the whole 'I'm just taking money for my family' shit, but the longer players flock to Tamplin and his cash, the longer Billericay's meteoric rise will remain uneffected, and the longer his insufferable and highly offensive drivel will remain unchallenged (on a footballing front). It’s worth repeating that I don’t expect players to turn Tamplin's cash down, but any one who joins his band of mercenaries is condoning his behaviour as far as I’m concerned – that’s what I don’t like.

I think I'll probably leave it there before this turns into a full rendition of an An Inspector Calls.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Ronco, Lucy Fur and Nivag like this.
  27. BrandNewGuy

BrandNewGuy Well-Known Member

Someone who's not in it for the money:

Gavin Rose is due a wage rise after Dulwich Hamlet’s promotion to National League South – but won’t be taking it.
    The long-serving manager, who has accrued over 350 games in charge of the South London club, has a contract until next summer.
    But Rose says the time is not right for a bump in his own salary as Hamlet struggle with the financial realities of being locked out of their Champion Hill home....
    “Going up would have triggered an increase in my salary but I haven’t taken that option,” said Rose. “I’ve decided to stay on the salary I am on – at least as this current moment.
    “I’m trying to limit any issues financially for the club. I’ve got to make sure we are a steady ship and maybe next season or during this year we can be in a better position to maybe discuss an extension.”

Dulwich Hamlet boss Rose is due wage rise after promotion – but reveals he WON’T be boosting salary – South London News

28. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

I hope Hayles is taking Tamplin for as much cash as he can possibly get - that'll bring the circus to an end quicker than players refusing to play for him I'd say.:hmm:

29. YTC

YTC Human Man

30. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Good news on the ten retained, a very strong core. We can put a team out now.

SIGNED:
    Dipo Akinyemi
    Ashley Carew
    Michael Chambers
    Nyren Clunis
    Preston Edwards
    Nathan Ferguson
    Nathan Green
    Sanchez Ming
    Michael Onovwigun
    Quade Taylor
    Byron Lawrence