Dulwich Hamlet Transfers - Summer 2018/Spring 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Moroccan Sunset, May 11, 2018.

1. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

I don't think our squad is particularly thin, just unbalanced.

Of those being considered to play we had Carew, Essuman, Banton, Thompson all outside the matchday squad v Thurrock and really only Baghuelou involved who isn't a regular.

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

That gives us 19 senior players (excluding Baghuelou), two of those are on the transfer list with two more on loans that currently have less than two more weeks to run, with a third loanee on a longer deal. That leaves just 14 senior players fully committed to the end of the season. If Cook leaves we only really have Clunis as an option for right wing-back, and there's no alternative to Onovwigun as a defensive midfielder. Personally I call that "thin". The squad is very much in a state of flux and we have little margin for error on the recruitment front as far as I can see.

On the plus side, fewer options might lead to greater consistency of selection, which I always feel is helpful when looking to end the sort of poor run of results we've seen recently. Continually making 4 or 5 changes to the starting XI just seems to lead to more tentative play and a loss of confidence in my view.

EDC, WillClunas, pettyboy and 2 others like this.
  3. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Yeah that's all very fair. Squad status: THIN approved.

GregDHFC, pettyboy and Pink Panther like this.
  4. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the approval

WillClunas and Cyclodunc like this.
  5. YTC

YTC Human Man

pettyboy, B.I.G and gnar182 like this.
  6. Sol Pryce joins us on loan till end of season. Striker from Swindon Town who turned 19 yesterday. Another striker, interesting.

Still think we're crying out for a holding mid.

7. Pink Panther

Not sure whether Sol will supersede The Sheriff or complement him.

I think Onovwigun and Taylor are both competent as relatively young holding midfielders but Kargbo was awesome in that role; his sheer presence and understated ball-playing efficiency won't easily be replaced. He was basically a harder version of Kevin James.

8. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think Quade is the better option as a defensive midfielder - Onovwigun is a touch injury-prone and I think Quade is one of the best readers of the game in the squad. I always felt that Palace were wrong to move him to centre half, so it was quite nice to see an encouraging half an hour display as a no. 4 on Saturday.

I'd love someone with Kargbo's know-how and experience, mind.

Pink Panther likes this.
  9. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Isn't Sheriff only on a months loan or was that one of others that recently came in?

B.I.G likes this.
  10. cg__

cg__ Active Member

Was that not Banton? Correct me if Im wrong

11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

12. Moroccan Sunset

Christ, is he still with us? We need to pack him off back to Torquay so that we can sign the recently released Elokobi...

Pink Panther and B.I.G like this.
  13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Slide into Gav’s DMs sharpish.

14. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

I believe Gav and Mr Elokobi are still in touch. As someone who has watched him play for both Hamlet and Wolves I've got a lot of time for him. His injury record isn't great though which would be a risk financially.

15. Pink Panther

Banton came on a 1 month loan in the first week of December. It was extended for a second month with a view to signing him, but he hasn't started since the Bath game and the second month must be up after tomorrow. Sheriff's 1 month loan will end after tomorrow unless we extend it.

16. Pink Panther

I always remember him spraying Mick McCarthy with champagne just as he opened his mouth to speak at a post-match interview. The comic timing was impeccable.

the 12th man likes this.
  17. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

I believe Jason Banton's loan is up today and that it is not being extended.

Moroccan Sunset and Pink Panther like this.
  18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Baby Come Back! :D

scousedom, Lucy Fur and YTC like this.
  19. YTC

YTC Human Man

This may be your finest Urban post.

B.I.G likes this.
  20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Good, you can explain it to the Liam, who I assume had more meaningful things to listen to :thumbs:

Cyclodunc likes this.
  21. Moroccan Sunset

Any news on the Sheriff's loan? Has Banton definitely gone back to Torquay (please, oh, please)?

What's happened to Erskine, too? Has he been binned? Ironically, although he clearly wasn't match fit, I thought his performance against Hampton was one of his best in a Dulwich shirt - it was rare to see one of our forwards taking a shot!

22. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

I think that’s being extremely generous

23. Moroccan Sunset

I think it says more about his previous performances than it does about his Hampton one!

In all seriousness though, he could have had a hat-trick against Hampton, and he didn't fail to score because of any major fault of his own, really. He was just quite unlucky, I thought.

Pink Panther likes this.
  24. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

I actually think Erskine is a potentially pretty good player. I thought he played well initially when he first arrived and was expecting him to have an impact before he got injured. He's just clearly not fit though is he - not injured but just not fit.

pettyboy and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  25. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Banton loan is over and not been renewed.

Sheriff is in the process of being extended.

YTC and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  26. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

We have just signed goal keeper Simon Bloch Jørgensen.

Ex Whytehawk

He is 6 foot 10 tall.

That is really quite tall...

simonjorgensenfeature.jpg

27. Moroccan Sunset

Thanks Liam!

YTC likes this.
  28. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

29. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893