Dulwich Hamlet Transfers - Summer 2018/Spring 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Moroccan Sunset, May 11, 2018.

1. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Time for a set of stickers to put over the faces to update it then Scolly :thumbs:

Nivag likes this.
  2. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

I'd buy this calendar if it existed

Pink Panther likes this.
  3. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Ash was kind enough to hold the door open for me while I struggled with four pints at Hemel.

4. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

This could be the start of the DHFC Panini sticker album, maybe next year produce a calendar with blank spaces to add you're favourite player on each month and the club could sell sticker packs to fill the calendar and we could all do swapsies at halftime for the players we need.

Jimbob73, Lucy Fur and Cyclodunc like this.
  5. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Only if there are special glittery silvery ones of the badge, stadium, Toilets Opposite sign....

Jimbob73, Nivag and Lucy Fur like this.
  6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

He's "held the door open" a few times in the build-up to some of the goals we've conceded this season. I still think he's got a touch of class when he gets it right. A couple of his long range passes from the half-back position against Bath were breathtaking. The rest of the team has to play around him though, he's no good shoehorned into a role with defensive responsibility. He reminds me of Glenn Hoddle in an England shirt.

StephenMac, Nivag and EDC like this.
  7. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Not always been a fan of Ming but since last Christmas he has improved greatly, so Really shocked at Ming - as I thought he was one of the few players who actually looked liked they cared and was busy all game trying to make things happen

"Save Ming the Merciless"

GregDHFC, Lucy Fur and Nivag like this.
  8. EDC

Pink Panther ^ You’re re wasted on here, ever thought of apply for Sky or BT sports punditry.

9. Pink Panther

"The Sultan of Ming" just gets better and better for me. I'll be really disappointed if he leaves, he's the right man at the right club for me.

I'd be banned for surrealism within a week on those channels. Modern tv pundits drive me nuts with their bland reluctance to tell it like it is.

If I'd been on any broadcast of a Manchester United match last month my first observations would have been "Why the f*ck did they pay a world record fee to re-sign Pogba when their greatest ever manager offloaded him for good reason: and why the f*ck did they appoint Mourinho as manager? That made even less sense than Benitez going to Chelsea, but at least that was temporary and got results. Wrong man, wrong club. Same as Clough to Leeds, or Graham to Spurs.

10. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Exactly. Carew and England Hoddle both accused of being useless for not 'putting a shift in', without much recognition that asking them to run around a lot and tackle isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

Both gave it a valiant try but they were no more suited to roles with any sort of defensive responsibility than B.I.G. would be to a career in diplomacy.

Despite him being a spud, Hoddle provided me with more moments of exhilaration in the 80s than any other footballer. Carew has been my low-rent equivalent for the last five seasons and I'll miss him when he's gone.

Ronco, blueheaven, pettyboy and 4 others like this.
  11. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Something has clearly gone on behind closed doors between Gavin and Sanchez, hence the lack of comment in the SLoP. I only hope they can patch it up before a club comes in for Sanchez or before the summer when his contract is up. I think he's improved drastically since he returned to us 2 or 3 seasons ago and he's by far our best right back.

12. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

I bet Woking would take Sanchez.

pettyboy and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  13. Son of Roy

Merstham must be very excited.

the 12th man and Pink Panther like this.
  14. EDC

Surrealism or telling it like it really is. I’m sure 99% of true fans would love to hear it. Sky tried it with the fan commentary as an option but it was pretty crap, the exception being Andy Jacobs meltdown when Chelsea lost to QPR.

15. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t like to hear some of the Chelsea fans commentating. They can’t go a week without some form of offence :rolleyes:

16. EDC

Bantz

B.I.G likes this.
  17. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Bit like your good self :thumbs:

18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

That was for EDC not you!

Insert Post Office Bantz here ———

Pink Panther and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  19. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone actually printed this replacement month in 2017 - when Dumaka substituted Roman Michel-Percil, who had left to go to Met Police!?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Pink Panther, Cyclodunc and B.I.G like this.
  20. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

His first name is Roman, is Roman, is Roman,
    his second name is Michael...

NPDHFC, GregDHFC, WillClunas and 2 others like this.
  21. scousedom

We should do one of those for 2019, except with the player as just a shadow and the name as "A Loanee".

22. Pink Panther

Not forgetting "A.Triallist" for July .

scousedom likes this.
  23. scousedom

2020 edition, done.

Pink Panther likes this.
  24. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Please tell us you're going to hit us with news of another three signings today, YTC? Last Tuesday was such fun.

YTC, pettyboy and Nivag like this.
  25. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Given Saturday we're more likely to have another half dozen getting the boot.:p

26. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Or “Ein Testspieler” as he was known in Germany.

chris gil, scousedom and all to nah like this.
  27. scousedom

We'll make it a two-to-a-page job.

Blitzwalker likes this.
  28. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

Jacob Erskine's vegan
    He wears a man made hat
    And when we go down Morely's he says " I can't eat that"
    That's why when we ask him, "What will you have instead?"
    He says "I'll have some humous, falafal and flat bread"

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Taper, GregDHFC, Cyclodunc and 5 others like this.
  29. Son of Roy

You've stolen the Ian Daly song. The G-Man isn't going to like it (in Peru).

30. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

he wrote the melody to my old man's a dustman?! blimey

Nivag, WillClunas, GregDHFC and 2 others like this.