Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet: Transfer News for 2016/17 Season

editor

hiraethified
Dulwich are one of the best supported clubs in non league football but are very content to stay at level 3 so they can be a big fish in a tiny pond and continue to boast about their super busy forum and excellent attendences.

Maidstone Bromley Dover and Wimbledon decided they would prefer to get promoted.
Personally, I'm more than happy to stay where we are although the odd obscure cup win would be nice. A glory hunter am I not.

editor

hiraethified
Dulwich are one of the best supported clubs in non league football but are very content to stay at level 3 so they can be a big fish in a tiny pond and continue to boast about their super busy forum and excellent attendences.

Maidstone Bromley Dover and Wimbledon decided they would prefer to get promoted.
Why do you think their attendances have shot up from around 250 to an average 1,000+ per game and the folks keep coming despite the lack of real success? Any ideas? Anything to be learnt there for other clubs, do you think?

Lucy Fur

Why do you think their attendances have shot up from around 250 to an average 1,000+ per game and the folks keep coming despite the lack of real success? Any ideas? Anything to be learnt there for other clubs, do you think?
Its the nettle cider is'nt it...:thumbs:

David Lower

It's just a matter of time. Jimmy has increased our attendences by about 100 so we just need another 9 minor celebrities and our attendences will be over 1,000 as well

Christian Burt

I'm going to make a confession here.
Fans of other clubs just don't bother me; and even though it's Leatherhead, if either Mr Lower or Mr Hemp actually read through the lines, they'd probably understand that DHFC is a pretty friendly club, with friendly supporters, AND despite what went on previously, our fans would actually offer up a few suggestions for your club too.

editor

hiraethified
It's just a matter of time. Jimmy has increased our attendences by about 100 so we just need another 9 minor celebrities and our attendences will be over 1,000 as well
Except that's not going to happen because Leatherhead aren't a particularly appealing club, and their fans seems devoid of any original ideas to engage the local community.

And if you can't even muster up the enthusiasm to create a forum, I'd say you're heading for further decline. Shame really, because I quite like your ground. Well, apart from that daft chicken wire drinking area.

PS You didn't answer my question.

YTC

Human Man
Except that's not going to happen because Leatherhead aren't a particularly appealing club, and their fans seems devoid of any original ideas to engage the local community.

And if you can't even muster up the enthusiasm to create a forum, I'd say you're heading for further decline. Shame really, because I quite like your ground. Well, apart from that daft chicken wire drinking area.

PS You didn't answer my question.
I enjoyed the joke, David Lower.

Dulwich Mishi

Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!
R.I.P.
I'm going to make a confession here.
Fans of other clubs just don't bother me; and even though it's Leatherhead, if either Mr Lower or Mr Hemp actually read through the lines, they'd probably understand that DHFC is a pretty friendly club, with friendly supporters, AND despite what went on previously, our fans would actually offer up a few suggestions for your club too.
Speak for yourself...they are one of the few clubs I would never share some of things I try to instigate with. I'm often approached by fans of other clubs, several times a season...and the 'secret' is....lots of ideas, some work, some don't. But hard graft from a different amount of people all adds up to success off the pitch, of which I am but one small cog.