Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet: Transfer News for 2016/17 Season

Bugpowder Dust

I thought Vas had his weakest game in a hamlet shirt on Tuesday night.

I'm assuming he read the article above and went for a quiet game so as not to draw attention to himself so he can stay with us for the rest of the season...

philosophical

I (for my complete an utter sins) am a Charlton fan, but have been to watch Dulwich Hamlet many times in the past few years when not protesting and such at the Valley. I do go to U23 and U18 games.
Yamfan is a skilled player, slight of build, but has a degree of football intelligence, and a step up to Dulwich will benefit him and I very much hope Hamlet.
In my view he is best used as an attacking central midfielder.
Chris Miller is also a promising youngster, plays in forward positions, is relatively sturdy for his age, a decent team player who can get a goal.
A couple of more reasons to nip down to Champion Hill for me.

scousedom

If this was a player who hadn't played for the Hamlet before, who'd come in as an unknown, then based on performance on the pitch this season, I don't think anyone would be too fussed about that player moving on. He came in as the number one striker, hasn't done particularly well, and so leaves as what, second or third...?

The fall-out between player and manager is obviously significant - both for the manager to jettison the player and for the player to choose that club - but what do you expect when a player comes on as sub, has a shocker, disobeys team orders to take the worst penno ever in football at a crucial point in the game, then publicly bawls out the manager when he gets the hook?

As for them announcing it first, maybe their staff aren't on a coach to Canvey? Maybe they've jumped the gun to get a rise (in which case, it worked)? Or maybe when a player falls out with a club and moves on, the club he leaves quite often don't bother to rush to make a lengthy announcement...?

B.I.G

If this was a player who hadn't played for the Hamlet before, who'd come in as an unknown, then based on performance on the pitch this season, I don't think anyone would be too fussed about that player moving on. He came in as the number one striker, hasn't done particularly well, and so leaves as what, second or third...?

The fall-out between player and manager is obviously significant - both for the manager to jettison the player and for the player to choose that club - but what do you expect when a player comes on as sub, has a shocker, disobeys team orders to take the worst penno ever in football at a crucial point in the game, then publicly bawls out the manager when he gets the hook?

As for them announcing it first, maybe their staff aren't on a coach to Canvey? Maybe they've jumped the gun to get a rise (in which case, it worked)? Or maybe when a player falls out with a club and moves on, the club he leaves quite often don't bother to rush to make a lengthy announcement...?
#strangledonpitch

Its 1 1.

AveryDave

They announced it late last night, so would suggest it could well fall into the "get a rise" category.

As for going to Leatherhead, maybe there weren't any other takers? But as I say, this only makes sense if Carr is being replaced with someone who can make us better. We shall see.

B.I.G

Where is the picture of him signing a registration form next to his best friend Richard B**dy?

Fucking disgrace.

blueheaven

Don't think anyone comes out of this particularly well. Carr's been disappointing all season and his reaction at being subbed on-and-off the other week was far from professional, but at the same time we look very short of numbers up front and yet again this seems to indicate Rose having a tendency to fall out with players. Hopefully someone else has already been targeted to come in. Pity Dipo Akinyemi's at Billericay as I'd have been delighted to get him back.

Lyham

Pity Dipo Akinyemi's at Billericay as I'd have been delighted to get him back.
Akinyemi, knowing you
A-ha
You love to score a goal or two
Akinyemi, knowing you.

Wasn't his loan at Billericay only for a month? In which case it should be ending/ended. Sign him up!

editor

hiraethified
If you do ever journey to the sunlit uplands of the National League, expect a couple of other differences apart from prohibition. You will no longer be the big cheese with the biggest attendances. And when the big beasts do descend, segregation makes for quite a different atmosphere and crowd dynamic.
I'm quite happy in the lowly lower leagues. The fact that I can drink, stand and mingle freely is a very big part of the attraction for me.