Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet: Transfer News for 2016/17 Season

Lucy Fur

Danny Waldrens the first to go in what will probably be a busy old summer. Not surprising really but a real shame.

Fingers

From Tuscany SE22
Would just like to wish Gavin and his managment the best of luck next season at dulwich hamlet as yesterday we parted company. Was so close to be an amazing season but just couldn't get over the finish line that's football for ya. But would also like to thank the fans for there unbelievable support this year throughout the whole campaign you would have to go a long way to find a better set of supporters at non league level. And I'm sure that gav and the boys will get dulwich to were they deserve to be as a club which is football league status. Thank you for everythink and good luck in the future

darryl

this wasn't supposed to happen
Goldberg certainly manages Welling now, and said at the time he was looking to take the club over.

blueheaven

Not at all surprised, but disappointed to see him go as I felt he was a terrific captain with a great attitude.

I think that his attitude towards the end of the season was particularly impressive - a lot of players in his situation would have gone in a huff and done the bare minimum until the end of the season, but he seemed to remain very eager to be involved and help the other players.

Moroccan Sunset

On and off the pitch he was class. Definitely a player I'd like to think told Gavin he was leaving and not the other way round.
To bring in and hold on to the "quality" players they would have been put under contract so im sure it will be Gavin saying thank you and goodbye!
Yes, I heard he was booted.

Totally agree with everything above: lovely bloke and one of the most professional players I've seen in football, let alone for Dulwich. It's a travesty that we never got the best out of him: he always seemed shackled and played out of position in our midfield and as a result we've lost a midfielder who played a vital part in a side that won the division above. He arrived a goalscoring, box-to-box engine and we deployed him as a guard dog type midfielder from day one. Such a bloody waste of a great player and a fantastic character.

Agree with Lucy Fur. I expect Moss, RMW and Sankofa to follow fairly soon, and Nelson, Scannell and Erskine must be sailing fairly close to the wind, too. Still think letting Moss go is equally as disastrous as letting Waldren go, but it feels inevitable. There's a couple of other regulars in the first team who are supposedly on Gav's bin list, but I don't want to name them on here, so I think this is going to be a tumultuous summer for all concerned.

I hear on the grapevine that a few of the younger players will get bumped up to first team duties next season, after numerous ex-pros on hefty wages failed to step up to the plate, so maybe Mascoll, Cani and Mason will get a go in pre-season.

Monkeygrinder's Organ

Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager
Don't non-league teams pretty much all have a load of new players every single season? Even at lower league levels most players are on one year contracts these days and player turnover is pretty high. The idea that you have a stable team and add 2-3 players seems to be one for Premiership teams really. Certainly it applies to all the teams that finished above us this year so it's not a barrier to success at this level (or an excuse when you fail).

Lucy Fur

Don't non-league teams pretty much all have a load of new players every single season? Even at lower league levels most players are on one year contracts these days and player turnover is pretty high. The idea that you have a stable team and add 2-3 players seems to be one for Premiership teams really. Certainly it applies to all the teams that finished above us this year so it's not a barrier to success at this level (or an excuse when you fail).
Except East Thurrock brought in three players and lost 6, two of which were amongst the transfer in's (i.e. on loan for a season) Compare this with Dulwich who had 9 coming in and 12 leaving.
Info from here:
East Thurrock United - Transfers 15/16 | Transfermarkt
Dulwich Hamlet FC - Transfers 15/16 | Transfermarkt

Monkeygrinder's Organ

Except East Thurrock brought in three players and lost 6, two of which were amongst the transfer in's (i.e. on loan for a season) Compare this with Dulwich who had 9 coming in and 12 leaving.
Info from here:
East Thurrock United - Transfers 15/16 | Transfermarkt
Dulwich Hamlet FC - Transfers 15/16 | Transfermarkt
Fair point. Although I notice you've picked Thurrock rather than the top two:
Hampton & Richmond Borough - Transfers 15/16 | Transfermarkt
Bognor Regis Town FC - Transfers 15/16 | Transfermarkt

Lucy Fur

Its definitively true that a lot, probably even most clubs operate with a lot of movement, but it doesn't have to be so. East Thurrock being a good example of that. And the idea of a stable team, and the benefits that potentially brings is something I'd definitively like to see. There was too much tinkering this season, and too much playing players out of position.

EDC

A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days
That's quite an interesting site I've never seen before. I noticed that two of the ETU outgoings were also loanees on the incoming list.

Spikey mikey

What a top man, a departing player giving a nice statement like that, lot of players move on and not even a cherio. Let's hope u get an incoming player that's also hungry for the game and helps your beautiful Dulwich Hamlet FC to promotion next season. Just as I finish this reply on comes Enter The Sandman from Metallica on the radio, volume gotta be turned up lol.

Monkeygrinder's Organ

What a top man, a departing player giving a nice statement like that, lot of players move on and not even a cherio.
Yes absolutely. He played in the fans v club game on Saturday, when I'm sure he'd known he was off and I think a lot of players would have just refused to take part, and was still really enthusiastic, chatting to people etc. Whatever the situation with him as a player I think everyone would agree he's a top bloke.