1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet Supporters Trust

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by B.I.G, Sep 8, 2016.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Whoever came up with the idea to remember those that fought against fascism has sought to impose their personal beliefs rather than respect the stated DHST aims.

I am very uncomfortable that those responsible for making decisions seem to not be influenced by people such as Moroccan Sunset

I disagreed with him several times but its clear that no one else approving these events is being influenced by him or others with similar thoughts.

Some people on the trust may have strong anti-fascist beliefs, I am very pro-EU, but I would be equally appalled by a day to celebrate the EU, no matter what local connections are used to justify it.

I suggest that if anyone on the trust has doubts about future activities that they try to represent the views of people outside the board or even a few people on that board.

I"ve more than had enough. Start listening to people with a contrary view to yourselves rather than imposing your moral superiority.

2. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

why don't you join the board or stand for election?

Or email with suggestions each week or go to meetings?

Wasnt this a joint with venture with the committee?

Why is it so appalling to you?

Why is it imposing moral superiority to support unions and charities that look after the well being of minorities, by being anti-fascist?

What superior intellect do you know about which means this is not ok?

Are you just as appalled at the rest of our sponsors, these people are our sponsors too, or is that just a necessary evil?

All other community work is political whether you like it or not, should DHST just stop it...?

Shall we stop doing remembrance day?

where shall we draw the line?

What is so wrong other than it looks a bit clapton to support these charities (WHO HAVE SPONSORED US)?

Do you want me to send you a new Altona cap as I heard you lost yours?

3. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

For the record, I put forward the suggestion and no one objected within the board or the football committee, they were positive about it, so we went ahead with it. Hardly imposing my beliefs when it was run past the very people the membership elected.

If enough people email the board and object to our plans of commemorating those that went to fight a fascist dictatorship I will happily put myself up for re-election next year. Maybe you would like to stand against me and take on all the work I do for the club.

So far we have one complaint against the day and many more saying that are looking forward to the day.

all to nah, clog and Pickman's model like this.
  4. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I tendered my resignation as a trust member instead. So my instinct was to go the opposite way. I sent an email via the website yesterday.

I don't believe we need to have regular special days so I don't suggest them, on the other thread I have suggested non-league dog day, which is a brilliant idea.

I have no idea why the committee approved it but I wasn't a member of it so I can't be as appalled. I'm not impressed with the decision though.

The lack of consideration for other's views to the point of dismissal by some is moral superiority as I define it.

Common intellect should suggest that the battle of cable street and the spanish civil war was not local events.

I am appalled we are sponsored by KFH. I would not have taken their money and done without whatever we can't afford as a result. I understand why we did it, as we have to do what is directed by Hadley.

I am happy for us to to community work. I don't think a trade union day is community work.

I am against remembrance day but don't comment on it often as it seems to almost universally accepted as a nation. I really don't like the army. I understand that my political views should not command the majority especially at a football club.

Please can we draw the line at an agreed concensus so we can stop arguing. Non-community based is going too far in my opinion. I am sure a meeting of minds can be found.

It is wrong to do things that make us look like Clapton because it makes us look like cunts.

Yes please. I will give the money in euros to Will Clunas? No arguments except on the carrier of the money.

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Make sure you don't question it in anyway then either now or at board level. Good job everybody.

6. Fingers

Any member is welcome to question/object to it.

info (at) dhst.org.uk

Thimble Queen likes this.
  7. Fingers

8. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Well-Known Member

Stopping being a member of the trust is a bit toys out the pram... how do you expect your views to be heard or represented if you aren't willing to engage in the processes? Moaning on the Internet probably isn't going to achieve a lot. :hmm: :thumbs:

9. Scutta

I tendered my resignation as a trust member instead. So my instinct was to go the opposite way. I sent an email via the website yesterday.

I don't believe we need to have regular special days so I don't suggest them, on the other thread I have suggested non-league dog day, which is a brilliant idea. IT is please force it through!!

I have no idea why the committee approved it but I wasn't a member of it so I can't be as appalled. I'm not impressed with the decision though.

The lack of consideration for other's views to the point of dismissal by some is moral superiority as I define it.
    how you gonna change anything from the outside? lack of consideration for people who are fascist or racist? I am happy to be "morally superior..."

Common intellect should suggest that the battle of cable street and the spanish civil war was not local events.
    should we not have helped the refugees? We have had fans parents who were refugees, just like family memebers who went to fight in the civil war. Im sure we have people who have struggled with discrimination, which the battle of cable street could be argued represents people standing up to discrimination and therefore should be celebrated as we do with other kick it out days...etc are you against these?

I am appalled we are sponsored by KFH. I would not have taken their money and done without whatever we can't afford as a result. I understand why we did it, as we have to do what is directed by Hadley.
    Would you rather things were directed by the fans, this is what is happening here. Cant have it 2 ways unless you get involved.

I am happy for us to to community work. I don't think a trade union day is community work.
    why not? what about supporting charities that look to stop racism and discrimination, that still happen in our community i.e. hope not hate... what is so wrong about that?

I am against remembrance day but don't comment on it often as it seems to almost universally accepted as a nation. I really don't like the army. I understand that my political views should not command the majority especially at a football club.
    So because its accepted norm you should ignore and not stand up against it? seems a bit inconsistent... also being anti fascist and being anti racist and supporting workers should surely be the norm!!! So why not stand up for that?

Please can we draw the line at an agreed concensus so we can stop arguing. Non-community based is going too far in my opinion. I am sure a meeting of minds can be found.
    we could but your argument doesnt stand up and is rather inconsistent other than what it boils down to is the statement below...

It is wrong to do things that make us look like Clapton because it makes us look like cunts.

Yes please. I will give the money in euros to Will Clunas? No arguments except on the carrier of the money.
    Ok so you want a cap of a overtly left wing team with the same colours as clapton? .. .as I said consistent
    yeah sure i can do that.., wish you were coming though... also its on the same weekend as this so you can make a stand and boycott the game by coming to see me xx

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Fingers likes this.
  10. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

so what do you do round poppy day, do you say 'whoever came up with the idea to remember those that fought against fascism has sought to impose their personal beliefs'?

what about christmas? 'whoever came up with the idea to remember the birth of christ has sought to impose their personal belief' and so you go into work?

mother's day? 'whoever came up with the idea to remember mothers and all they do has sought to impose their personal belief'?

not to mention whoever decided the names of the days of the week, months of the year, etc etc

Fingers, Scutta and Thimble Queen like this.
  11. Thimble Queen

I also don't understand why you are so upset about commemorating ppl who fought fascists tbh. Your selectivity when it comes to not moaning about poppies bc it's the status quo is a cop out tbh. Disappointing to read this nonsense from you.

Pickman's model and Fingers like this.
  12. Scutta

Or is it just a bit quiet at work atm?

13. Pickman's model

yes, yes it is :(

Fingers and Scutta like this.
  14. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Do agenda points get circulated to all members (not just those on the Board) before the meeting?
    I.e. Were all members aware that this was going to be proposed before the meeting took place and therefore in a position to express support / objection before a decision was made, rather than after?
    If that is the case, I don't see that the Board has done anything wrong (providing of course it hasn't ignored the trend of any feedback received prior). If it's not the case though, I think BIG has a point.

Just for clarification, I still know nothing about the Spanish Civil War (though Beevor's book is now on my reading list) and I still want Nyren on the right. Not Matt Drage though.

15. Thimble Queen

B.I.G I'm stealing your non league dogs day for Altona93

Pickman's model likes this.
  16. Scutta

Agenda points are on the previous months meetings minutes. however there is a section for AOB, where items can be brought to the meeting. Although as this had to be agreed with the club it must have been on the months minutes before it was agreed. Although i cant be arsed to check, so i assume there would be the possibilty to look at this before it is announced...

17. Pickman's model

18. Pickman's model

upload_2016-9-8_10-15-46.png
    which of the principles and objectives have they gone against?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  19. scousedom

So if I understand Scutta and Pickman, the Board would have published a Minute saying "At the next Board we will discuss having a Trade Union Day which will be to etc etc....". And all Members would have been able to see that Minute before the discussion took place and submit their opinions?

"Move along. Move along."

YTC likes this.
  20. Pickman's model

i am not, never have been, and never will be a member of the trust or the board. the trust does publish minutes of meetings on its website but does not issue agendas for upcoming meetings: something they may wish to think about.

scousedom and Scutta like this.
  21. Thimble Queen

22. Scutta

well there would be in the minutes of the previous month in the AOB section something along the lines of "so and so has suggested XXX for XXX game, we will speak to the committee to see if this is something they would like to do.."

which at that point on would be able to read and question if they had the inclination to do so...

The agenda follows on from the previous meetings minutes pretty much, but dont see that has a bad suggestion for them to take up.

scousedom and Pickman's model like this.
  23. scousedom

Ah. In which case. Don't move along.
    Seems to me that if this sort of post-decision argument is something they want to be avoided, then the Board should release agendas.

EDIT: Just seen Scutta's post. Confused again.

YTC and Pickman's model like this.
  24. Scutta

see point above... nothing can be decided without clubs permission so should all ways be on the agenda for next week via the previous months minutes... I would have thought...

scousedom and Pickman's model like this.
  25. scousedom

I guess the question is... Is there a Minute / Agenda that can be shown to have been published before the discussion with the club took place?

Yes. No issues. No. BIG has a point.

Though I'll be honest I've really started to lose interest in my own question.

YTC, Scutta and Thimble Queen like this.
  26. Scutta

I know the feeling

27. Thimble Queen

It's all getting rather tedious. And bad form of big to post and run.

28. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

It's not that they were anti-fascist, it's that they were communist and I don't think the club or trust should be identifying with that.

If the trust has a political stance it should be made clear in their aims and objectives.

YTC likes this.
  29. Thimble Queen

Why not?

Also Big didn't mention communism in his post. Only antifascism.

Scutta likes this.
  30. Fingers

There are some supporters of the club that have relatives there. I would check with them whether they were communist or not.

Scutta likes this.