1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet Supporters' Trust to poll members on ground redevelopment plans

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Aug 26, 2015.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That post was a wet one.

2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

but I'm not vegetarian...and can't stand vegetables!

3. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Eat less meat...?? Your be telling me I should have voted remain next!! :hmm:

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  4. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

5. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

A lot of people are cutting out cheap supermarket meat and going vegetarian most the week/month, which then allows them to pay a bit more for good quality meat as an occasional treat. This is a local business that takes care over its choice of suppliers so fits the bill nicely - I'll be using my 10%. Thanks!

iamwithnail, clog, 3010 and 4 others like this.
  6. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

It's a good butchers. Pretty good value and as you say the meat is ethically sourced. I see elsewhere the talk is of mascots for the new season. Perhaps F&H could donate a creature to be the club mascot: a regimental goat perhaps or a Dexter? All dressed in Hamlet livery. And not an estate agent in sight.

7. Dulwich Mishi

Or a Bob the Builder type mascot....as a nod to developers building houses & sold by KFH! ;)

Scutta and Jimbob73 like this.
  8. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Note to self: remember to put a ;) after posts as it's not good for Mishi's blood presure ;)

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  9. Jimbob73

I blaim Brussels #Brexit [​IMG]

10. Jimbob73

New signing...

Attached Files:

11. Jimbob73

Bob_the_builder dhfc.jpg

Lucy Fur likes this.
  12. Dulwich Mishi

Reminds me of the last relegation year, which somewhat annoyed our then manager Les Cleeveley:

"Les the manager...
    Can he fix it?
    Les the manager-
    NO HE CAN'T"

Ah, when the Rabble was a Rabble! ;)

13. Roger D

Roger D Active Member

Ah happy days. Well not on the pitch perhaps. Seem to remember we travelled to Farnborough midweek late in the season. They were bankrolled and strolling the league. We were useless and took about ten fans, including me who lived all of five minutes walk from Farnborough's ground. The gate was still well over a thousand I think. How times change, for both clubs.

We got hammered and picked up an FA fine for too many cautions. The one that secured the fine was Les for dissent. He only ran up to about the halfway line to shout at the ref. Very harsh caution that......

Edited to say I think all the other Hamlet fans left a few minutes early to ensure they got the last fast train to London. From memory there was only one Hamlet fan in the ground at final whistle. Good job I lived round the corner or I'd have left as well and it would have been none.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    Lucy Fur and editor like this.
  14. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

A sacrificial goat perhaps, and then a goat curry after every home game.

15. Scutta

16. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

This monkey funker

[​IMG]

17. Scutta

I saw that one too but i thought he was too cool to be sacrificed!

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'd like a pantomime villain for a mascot. Every week he/she comes on dressed as the current figure of hate (Farage/Boris etc) and gets pelted with foam rocks.

19. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Was that the time they had that giant "thing" as mascot, rather like some B Movie monster from the 50s?

20. Roger D

Roger D Active Member

Think you are right. Some bizarre shrimp costume from memory. Rumoured to have been purchased from K's. The bloke inside it was a their highly paid centre forward (their players back then lived as locally as Doncaster and Swansea) who had upset Graham Westley and was ordered to do it to fulfill his contract and get paid.

There was also a seriously embarrassing poem on the proggie front cover based around Graham's 'Ambition is more important than ability' mantra.

21. Scutta

this is what we need!!!

22. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

The new Mayor has thrown out the Cray Wanderers new stadium and flats development, citing his promise of protecting the green belt, despite the council previously approving the scheme.

23. Roger D

Roger D Active Member

Could get interesting for the Hamlet given MOL is basically the urban version of greenbelt. Did Sadiq's promise cover the issue of MOL in any way?

24. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I already eat 'less meat', especially red meat, and often go several days at a time without eating any; a conscious decision partly for health reasons (I'm susceptible to attacks of gout), partly for financial reasons (I can knock up a tasty vegetable curry once a week from fresh ingredients and spices that stretches to three main meals for two or three quid) and I just don't feel the need to eat meat all the time, although I don't want to give it up altogether as there are meals I enjoy that include meat. I'll use my 10% discount at Flock & Herd for an occasional treat.

I believe the mascot in question was 'Hoppy the Grasshopper', and had a red & white hooped shirt even though Farnborough played in red & white stripes at the time, hence the theory that they'd got it second hand from K's, who were in Conference National at the time.

The player wearing it was Bruno Mendonca, who ended up joining Not Police. At one game when he played against us for the Bogus bill his agent was apparently sitting in the stand.

The new Farnborough club now has 'Farney Rubble' as its mascot!

clog likes this.
  25. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

I have every expectation this is what will happen to the Champion Hill proposal. And then what...

26. Dulwich Mishi

Let's hope it does not come to that....stitched up by the former MP for t*****g....:mad:

27. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Am told by AFC fans that Sadiq is very much against their plans for Plough Lane. Seems to be a trend.

28. Roger D

Roger D Active Member

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  29. Roger D

Roger D Active Member

30. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

There's open green space and there's Flamingo Park which is a bit of a dump which seems to be mainly used for car boot sales. Also seems that total lack of affordable housing played a part.
    Sadiq Khan rejects football stadium plans to protect Bromley’s green space

sign[1].jpg