Dulwich Hamlet pre-season fixtures 2018/19

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, May 22, 2018.

1. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

the 12th man and B.I.G like this.
  2. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

Charging less for Billericay outrageous

I'll be in Peterborough so won't effect me

B.I.G and StephenMac like this.
  3. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

That’s my mind made up. Fuck it.

StephenMac and B.I.G like this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

B.I.G likes this.
  5. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

Boreham wood charging the same for there game against brentford with £12 OAPs. No student

6. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Maybe they think 1500 of us will turn up and we can have a massive party :D

7. Sparkle Motion

Sparkle Motion Well-Known Member

We can't figure it out either. It does include a pint of my least favourite beer, Shepherd Neame. But £15 for a friendly against lower league opposition is seriously taking the piss. No disrespect to you chaps.

B.I.G and editor like this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

#solidarity

B.I.G and Sparkle Motion like this.
  9. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

What's the story with the Palace friendly? Liam seems very upset on twitter, Anyone know what happened?

10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Didn’t Liam say it all on twitter. They agreed a friendly with Gavin and then didn’t schedule it.

I’ve always been suspicious of them sending their first team to Beckenham Town and not us anyway.

Scum club. I blame Hodgson and Mark Bright.

11. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Why? It's a lesser club.

It does seem odd that some of Maidstone's friendlies are three times more expensive than others. I'd be interested to hear the thinking behind this. I was really looking forward to that game but I'm less enthusiastic now, although I'll probably still go.

Admission prices may be a nasty shock to some people now we're in a higher league. Wealdstone and St Albans are both charging £15 for adults and £10 concessions. I haven't looked at everyone else's but I suspect our own new price of £12 for adults is the minimum for this level and plenty of others will charge more.

12. Pink Panther

B.I.G likes this.
  13. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

No if England win tonight they will play quarter final at 3pm on Saturday

Pink Panther likes this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

15. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Maidstone seem to have changed the admission to a tenner. Game on.

Dulwich Mishi, pompeydunc and B.I.G like this.
  16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Fair play if so. Joint owner said he would look into it.

I always liked him.

17. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Walthamstow have announced on Twitter that kick off has been moved forward to 1pm to allow everyone to watch the England game :thumbs:

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'll update the Buzz piece now

19. EDC

Unfuck it then.

sealion, StephenMac and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

sealion, Christian Burt and EDC like this.
  21. EDC

Actually I need to check my filofax as to my whereabouts that date too.

Christian Burt likes this.
  22. Pink Panther

Half time at Walthamstow and we're 3-0 up with goals from Chambers and two of four triallists.

Starting XI (3-5-2): Edwards - Ming, triallist, Chambers - Clunis, triallist, Carew, triallist, Abrahams - Tomlin, triallist .

23. Pink Panther

Full time 6-0. Further goals from Kargbo, Akinyemi and another triallist.

2nd half XI (3-5-2): Edwards - triallist, triallist, Taylor - Cook, Ferguson, Kargbo, Lawrence, Green - Akinyemi, triallist.

I'm told the club won't be announcing names of triallists yet as there are some deals yet to be confirmed, and given the numbers I doubt we can keep all of the seven who appeared today.

Dulwich Mishi, jnrknight and editor like this.
  24. Pink Panther

Haringey Borough away tonight. A new ground for me, although I've seen plenty of rugby matches at the New River Stadium a couple of hundred yards to the West. (So bear in mind that isn't their ground if you see it first.)

The ground is in White Hart Lane. Turn left out of Wood Green tube station into Lordship Lane and bus W3 will drop you opposite the ground. Otherwise it's a 1 mile walk from Wood Green Underground station.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Nivag likes this.
  25. Pink Panther

3-1 win at Haringey in a good contest against another newly promoted side. Hamlet took the lead with an own goal from a great cross by Cook, who later limped off with a hamstring strain. Haringey equalised before the same triallist who opened the scoring on Saturday put us back in front with a neat finish from a near post cross. Lawrence sealed the win with a spectacular shot from outside the box just before the end .

Once again we changed all ten outfield players at half time and there was also a brief appearance by Andrew Allassani when Cook went off late in the first half .

A third confirmed new signing, experienced centre forward Jay May from Margate, played the second half.

First half XI (3-5-2): Edwards - Ming, triallist, Chambers - Cook (sub Allassani), triallist, Kargbo, Guimaraes, Abrahams - triallist, triallist.

Second half XI (3-5-2): Edwards - triallist, triallist, Taylor - Clunis, Ferguson, Carew, Lawrence, Green - May, Akinyemi .

clog, AveryDave, Al Crane and 5 others like this.
  26. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

As said above a good game to watch, Haringey have got some good players.
    I only took a couple of photos.
    IMG_20180709_195033237_HDR.jpg IMG_20180709_201856796_HDR.jpg
    Stopped off for a cheeky salt beef biegel from Brick lane on the way home :)
    IMG_20180709_224747257.jpg

Pink Panther likes this.
  27. Pink Panther

A couple more photos:

20180709_193709.jpg 20180709_234312.jpg

Dirty South and editor like this.
  28. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Perhaps those with a more encyclopaedic knowledge of non-League players than I have (ie any!) could tell us a bit more about this signing from what they’ve seen of him through his career? From my limited online research he seems to have a good goals to games ratio but might represent something of a change in style...? That’s not necessarily a bad thing when making a step up and also bearing in mind that the Tooting pitch isn’t as sexy-football-friendly as Champion Hill. But would be good to hear some informed takes on it.

29. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Part of footballing trio of brothers, including Alfie (Doncaster) and Ben (possibly Bromley but think he's stopped playing now).

I guess he will be back up to Dipo and Gavin (assuming he signs on), but his best days are probably behind him. Got experience at National South level but can imagine at his age (32 I think), he'll want to be playing regularly so can expect to see him shipped out on loan at some point if he isn't playing. Played against us last year for Margate.

30. Dirty South

Dirty South Active Member

Even when the 2nd XI played, there was still a player who appeared in a World Cup Final in the side (Alou Diarra, 2006). Can't have had too many of them at Champion Hill.