Dulwich Hamlet: Matchday Operations, updates, improvements and issues

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Al Crane, Sep 30, 2016.

1. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I do condone under age drinking.

As Nicholas says, the twats being referred to were the 'full santas', not those pictured.

This is an unusual conversation.

Lucy Fur, editor and Poids like this.
  2. Poids

Poids Active Member

Can all fans please refrain from going 'full Santa'. This is a family club.

3. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

It wasn't the people pictured above, so perhaps Nicholas is taking offence on behalf of all the world's Santa hat wearers.

Needless to say: a) this thread is here for match day issues, and that includes the bar selling slabs of beer (when we've had problems with people bringing in slabs of beer before), b) I thought it might be easier to raise the issue here rather than risk confrontation or waste time dealing with stewards, because of the slab of beer issue. Sure, it's good business for the bar, but it doesn't make for a good atmosphere behind the goal.

Shit happens sometimes, and there were some prize arseholes at Saturday's match, but while I'd rather not have people thrown out for merely being arseholes, there's not much point to this board if you can't talk about this sort of stuff after.

Lucy Fur, editor and StephenMac like this.
  4. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

TBH I think if people are buying slabs of beer that's another symptom of the difficulty getting served more than anything else. If it takes you 20 minutes to get served it just makes sense to get more than one round in when you get there, and although I've never seen anyone buying quite that much you do see people putting big orders in. Should the bar refuse to serve people? I don't see that helping tbh.

5. editor

editor hiraethified

They seemed OK to me too. I don't think I saw the ones that clog mentioned.

Apols to Nicholas Ashton for putting you guys in the frame!

6. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

I actually said in my reply that the people pictured were *not* the people who were behaving as described.
    The issue I had was with offering a 13 year old alcohol. And I said that this was *not* done by the people in the picture.

Merry Christmas to you too.

7. clog

I don't condone offering 13 year olds alcohol in a football ground. We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

8. clog

Hmm.

9. Nicholas Ashton

Nicholas Ashton New Member

Your message not read before I sent mine

10. Monkeygrinder's Organ

No. They should have to get up the courage to ask someone going in to an offy to buy booze for them.:p

scousedom and Fingers like this.
  11. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

By the sounds of it beer sales were nuts on Saturday, apparently 17 kegs of ale sold.

pompeydunc likes this.
  12. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

purves grundy and darryl like this.
  13. YTC

YTC Human Man

I don't know how a group of friends stocking up on an appropriate amount of beers is bad for the atmosphere behind the goal. I must have missed that science lesson.

I'm going to get in touch with clapton and try and organise an anti stag do/full santa protest.

14. clog

Well, if you read what was said above, it was the way they were behaving that made for the bad atmosphere, not the beer per se.

15. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Hit them with a vicious anti-Santa blog post. That'll sort 'em.

16. YTC

YTC Human Man

This is what I was referring too. The full santa scottish lads were bellends. But it had nothing to do with buying a slab of beer, they were just bellends.

B.I.G likes this.
  17. darryl

Or bellends that had drank too much beer, perhaps. Which they could have obtained anywhere, of course. And they could be bellends anywhere without beer. We'll never know. But if we're now serving people slabs of beer, then there's the risk that some may imbibe a little too much and act like pricks. There aren't many people who feel the need to constantly drink during a match, and the nice thing about the Hamlet is that it's a little bit boozy but not a full-blown piss-up. It's about finding that balance, isn't it?

(Although if anyone feels the need to spend £60 on a slab of Estrella just so they and their pals can constantly refresh themselves during a football match, they probably have more money than sense and/or a worrying thirst they should get help for.)

18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Isn't estrella a really tiny can of beer? How many equal a bottle of rum?

jnrknight likes this.
  19. Monkeygrinder's Organ

I think it's got pretty close to being a full blown piss up on occasion tbh!

I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting here though to be honest. I totally agree that some elements of the crowd can be annoying and probably drink doesn't help but what do you do? How do you get that balance you're talking about?

YTC and B.I.G like this.
  20. darryl

330ml.

This should be investigated further, of course.

21. YTC

YTC Human Man

Pretty judgemental that. I, like many on here would have stocked up on cans for the entire game, but I would like to think I didn't act like (too much of) a bellend. I've a feeling those lads could have been drinking bovril and would have been unbearable.

But, I suppose it's worth mentioning there are other parts of the ground to watch the game from. I thought they were annoying so moved over to TO in the second half. Much more enjoyable, and I could see the game.

22. YTC

YTC Human Man

We buy darryl a coppers hat and high vis and write 'slab police' on the back of it.

23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

700 cl rum is apparently 18 estrella :thumbs:

darryl and YTC like this.
  24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Return of #toffons

YTC likes this.
  25. darryl

Wasn't suggesting anything, really - beyond maybe the club should think about whether it really wants to be shifting beers 24 at a time (although, as you say, if the bar was quicker... but perhaps the slowness of the bar suppresses demand and it'll always be overwhelmed). But I'm not pretending I have an answer, and I accept that there will always be the odd dickhead. Just getting something off my chest, since it is Christmas and the time to be all Scrooge-like.

26. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

It's not like they are buying 24 cans each lol

Its simple calculation in getting booze over time spent getting booze. There were enough of them to make it worthwhile and as said it was only 3 cans each.

If we're going to police anyone, it should be all those not actually watching the game ;-)

Pink Panther and YTC like this.
  27. clog

No.

28. clog

I don't think anyone is suggesting anyone is policed, although those offering alcohol to 13 year olds are breaking the law.

29. YTC

YTC Human Man

I'm actually quite for a return of Toffons, hopefully KFH will have that banner down at the end of the season..

B.I.G likes this.
  30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Which law? Don't reckon its illegal to give a 13 year old alcohol.