Dulwich Hamlet in the National League South - what trips are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 7, 2018.

1. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

That's actually on the Woking forum!!!

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oops! Yes, so sorry Slough and fuck you Woking!

3010 likes this.
  3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Some hilarious comments by dimwits masquerading as amateur sociologists. Not sure how they think they can gauge the type of people who support us based on those photos, but I'll bet their support is nowhere near as vibrant and diverse as ours.

4. bringbackelmo

bringbackelmo Well-Known Member

Unofficial projections for next season, if you're interested.

Non League Projections - 2018/2019

Agreed that Dartford's ground is great. Oxford is alright - 3G pitch there. Same at Slough, which seems to be a leisure centre. Very odd.

Jimbob73 likes this.
  5. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Think Torquay have similar troubles to yourselves, as I recall their current owners are shyster developers. Plainmoor sits in a residential area and you can guess the rest.

6. Pink Panther

That's already wrong because Woking went down from the National Premier instead of Barrow, which throws everything else out of kilter.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've always had a soft spot for Torquay. They battled to stay in Division Four forever, before it all fell apart.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  8. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

It has Woking down now, plus Tooting moved across!!

9. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

They've been doing the same in the National for a few seasons now until finally fell, not helped by the owners. Was our Christmas double header often and they tended to tonk us however poorly rest of season was going.

editor likes this.
  10. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

If we hadn't have won, still no Leatherhead, Needham, Stains, Bognor, Leiston, Dorking and Lowescroft as all seem to be moved out of the league

11. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Sit back, hold the moral high ground and let the other Conference South sides decide if they dislike Billericay. It will be interesting to see if they can make themselves more unpopular before a ball is kicked next season.

Pink Panther likes this.
  12. Gas head 5

Gas head 5 New Member

My Home town WSM" Absolutely an exotic location! . So If you want to take home some Clean Air Text me! , . ! Hemel H ...Just read a negative review. So nope .. But Bath absolutely .. Historic , elegant ..

13. Bill Azzi

Bill Azzi I am not a trademark.

I can't get my head around the fact that we will be playing Torquay United. When I was growing up they were a "proper" Football League team.
    We're also just one division below Halifax, Orient & Wrexham.

14. Sparkle Motion

Sparkle Motion Well-Known Member

Bath is obviously a great day out, but the ground is nowhere near the city centre. So get there early and jump on a bus to Twerton.

Woking fans are the reason Maidstone introduced segregation. Maybe we got unlucky and maybe the idiots will lose interest following relegation.

National South looked quite weak compared to the North last season; the arrival of the likes of Torquay should help redress the balance.

Welling is a nice short journey, with a few pubs in Bexleyheath.

Best of luck for next season. You should now be in a position to attract some of the better players.

15. geezuz170

geezuz170 SE11 Faction

Not all grounds will be as friendly as the Bostik League, some will be segregated I imagine. But for me I’m looking forward to Torquay and Bath.

16. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

We already have great players. The same Dulwich squad beat Havant and drew with Macclesfield at Champion Hill last season.

Pink Panther and pompeydunc like this.
  17. Pink Panther

I went to Bath v Chippenham last August, which is a local derby, and there was no aggro. I think there may have been an away section, like when we went to Braintree, but not so it spoiled the experience. Superb old school ground .

18. Sparkle Motion

Sparkle Motion Well-Known Member

For most clubs, segregation kicks in one level above. The money your fans bring will be very welcome most places, reducing the likelihood of being separated from food and drink outlets. Once they realise the hipster thing is a myth, you have a chance to win over lots of new friends. What grade is your current ground?

19. cambelt

cambelt Well-Known Member

Went to school in Truro so will definitely be going to that one

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That's not just an away game. It's a holiday!

darryl, clog and Poids like this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The internet tell some that this is the likely line up for our division. I've marked the ones I'm particularly looking forward to.

*Bath City
    Billericay Town
    Chelmsford City
    *Chippenham Town
    Concord Rangers
    Dartford
    Dulwich Hamlet
    East Thurrock United
    *Eastbourne Borough
    *Gloucester City
    Hampton & Richmond or Braintree
    Hemel Hempstead Town
    Hungerford Town
    *Oxford City
    St Albans City
    Slough Town
    *Torquay United
    *Truro City
    Wealdstone
    Welling United
    *Weston-Super-Mare
    Woking

geezuz170 likes this.
  22. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

The song was "We hate Gloucester too..." prior to Wallgate...

Don't 'spose we have played them since that Cup game... Think we need a dinosaur to fill us in on details of that game and the reasons for the angst.

23. Pink Panther

They basically had the most obnoxious followers I've ever encountered at a Hamlet game. Two or three hardcore lunatics looking to fight the world and enough hangers on to make a serious nuisance of themselves. What annoyed me most is that the worst culprits travelled on the team coach and their club officials didn't make slightest effort to rein them in even when it was obvious they were out of control. They only brought around 70 supporters in an overall attendance of 400 or so; it wasn't as if the crowd was so big they could melt away unnoticed.

Anyway that was 25 years ago. Those morons will be well into their 40s by now at least, so hopefully they're dead, in prison, or have found something else to do!
    You definitely want to earmark St Albans. Lovely old ground with an Edwardian main stand close to the station in an historic Roman cathedral city, and easily accessible on the Thameslink.

24. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

the good news , for fellow Macclesfield coach #1 survivors , is that Oxford City's ground is on the Northern By-Pass .

clog and Pink Panther like this.
  25. YTC

YTC Human Man

I grew up near Hungerford. By far the smallest club in the League, but a beautiful small town full of good pubs and only about an hour outside Paddington. Hoping either a Warm Weather trip or Christmas (high street is beautifully lit around the holidays)

(waits for Massacre jokes)

Pink Panther and Poids like this.
  26. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Found this list on the Gloucester boards, freudean slip with Billericky.:p
    Capture.PNG

27. Pink Panther

I don't ever want to see that by-pass again!

Hamlet's only previous visit was for a League Cup tie in 1994/5, when Hungerford were two divisions below us in Isthmian League and Hamlet won 6-0. The headline in the Southwark News, courtesy of current ITN news reporter Damon Green incorporated the words "Hungerford" and "massacre". Have to say our shooting was lethal that night.

28. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

The first line was 'Dulwich Hamlet shot on sight...' The headline was 'Hungerford Massacre'.

29. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Christ, that's seriously poor taste. We still sing about hating Gloucester despite people trying to get it going with Cheltenham instead (and think sames goes for them).

30. Pink Panther

Cheltenham is one of the best clubs with the most magnanimous supporters I've ever visited. The polar opposite of Gloucester.

I've only visited Gloucester for cricket and it felt like a very strange place. Very "Royston Vasey".