1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet in crisis: Documenting the wonderful support from other clubs and fans

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Nov 13, 2017.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

PartisanDulwich and iamwithnail like this.
  2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I don't use Twitter, but I'm sure there's plenty on there too...including that Tweet from Peter Crouch.

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Added:

4. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

The kind folk at STAND Fanzine are donating funds and copies of this months' fanzine to the 12th Man, which will be on sale at the 12th man stand tomorrow!

pompeydunc, jnrknight and editor like this.
  5. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Very apt considering today is World Kindness Day, apparently.

6. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Support from Whitehawk, Hendon, Merthyr, West Didsbury & Chorlton and of course our great friends at Altona

altona DObq-fyXUAAubJE.jpg

editor likes this.
  7. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

8. YTC

YTC Human Man

Our Friends over in NYC sent us this last night after we wished them well in the NASL final (they lost 2-0 to San Francisco Deltas)

9. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Glad to see this thread
    We will of course need to record the support we receive from all quarters
    as feel strongly these are all "debts of honour" that will need to be repaid in full and in solidarity

You know who your real friends are at times of crisis

dcdulwich likes this.
  10. HFCJohn

HFCJohn Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm not sure that's necessarily the case.

When we were suddenly made homeless with 24 hours notice in 2008 (weekend before we played you in the FA Cup, funnily enough), the immediate response from the Non-League Family was unbelievable, particularly locally where we suddenly found ourselves needing to host home matches elsewhere at short notice.

I think, when other clubs conduct themselves properly, it is noticed. And when other clubs find themselves in trouble, offers of help and solidarity are noted. They don't necessarily need to be cashed in in kind. From experience, mere recognition of what it takes to run a club on the brink, or a club without its own permanent home is enough.

To be perfectly honest, if your friend and mine, GT, pulled the plug at Billericay, I really don't think there would be the same outpouring of solidarity and support. You reap what you sow. I do have a couple of friends well involved at DHFC and whilst that may make me slightly biased, the offer from Hendon has nothing to do with me. It's simply a case of one club recognising the struggle that may be ahead and wanting to show a bit of solidarity. What comes your way from tomorrow week may not necessarily be that great financially - but everyone at the club is behind you.

That is the beauty of real Non-League footbll - that a recognition of the day-to-day struggle overcomes the partisan nonsense that afflicts professional football. When we play you tomorrow week, I would give anything for three points. If, however, as we should have done in September, we fall short - I'm not going to offer anyone out. I'm going to share a pint with Hamlet fans in the bar afterwards and wish you well for the remainder of the season - and beyond.

11. HFCJohn

HFCJohn Well-Known Member

Meant to mention - I have started a Hendon fanzine this season and have written a (probably) largely confused and incoherent piece about DHFC's current travails in the latest issue which will be out on Saturday, or on your visit tomorrow week.

It's £2, and £1 of each sale will go to the 12th man fund at DHFC.

JimW, Lucy Fur, Fingers and 13 others like this.
  12. Scrooge

Scrooge Well-Known Member

£15 donation received this morning from a Billericay fan (they put a kind note on the Paypal donation)

At some point I’ll list the clubs represented by people who have identified who they support on their Paypal donation. It’s a long and varied list!

13. hackbridgeharry

hackbridgeharry Active Member

14. dessiato

dessiato Fast cars. Big waves.

I'm not a DHFC fan but have been inspired to follow my local, near equivalent, team here in Spain (Ecija Balompie) entirely because of what I've seen on here about DHFC. I'm sure there's others equally inspired.

I wish the team all the very best of luck overcoming the current difficulties.

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

pompeydunc likes this.
  16. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Personally I Don't feel it is worth noting. Leave him to it and ignore him.

Cyclodunc, YTC, dcdulwich and 5 others like this.
  17. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Thank you John!

18. Fingers

19. Fingers

20. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member