Dulwich Hamlet FC . Anyone fancy going on Saturday ? (Aug 2007)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Termite Man, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Termite Man

Termite Man zombie flesh eater

Since the thread in football about watching a game in a pub isn't going well does anyone fancy seeing the new season in with a proper game instead ?

Dulwich Hamlet vs. Potters Bar Town :cool:

2. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

can't come but I think you all should

the Hamlet are great, any team that plays in pink has got to be worth watching

3. editor

editor hiraethified

I'm away for this one, although I fancy checking out the 'amlet a few times this season.

4. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

What the Editor said.

5. Andy the Don

Andy the Don Wise men say only fools..

Only a pre-season friendly the Ryman League season starts next Saturday (18th August)..

6. bluestreak

bluestreak HomosexualityIsStalin’sAtomBombtoDestroyAmerica

what the editor and onket said.

TopCat likes this.
  7. Tricky Skills

Tricky Skills Well-Known Member

What Andy the D - said - poxy pre-season and you'll be fleeced seven notes. I doubt many of the regular Rabblers will even be turning out for this.

It's a big year :rolleyes: for the pink 'n blue boys this season. New manager, new squad and a lease that's fast running out.

The Fisher merger rumours refuse to go away...

8. corporate whore

corporate whore oh, thought you were dead

What's the skinny on this, Mr Skills?

9. Termite Man

Termite Man zombie flesh eater

bollocks maybe I'll pub it and watch a game then :rolleyes:

10. Tricky Skills

Officially the two clubs have separate owners. Lots of informal crossover though.

Fisher are ground sharing with us whilst their new 'stadium' (ha) is being built. Looks like that could be a few years away yet. The lease on Champion Hill runs out in five years. It would make business sense for the Hamlet to head over to Surrey Quays :(

Fisher this season are really Hamlet of last year. They took our manager, our chairman and EIGHT :eek: players. If they weren't good enough to get Dulwich out of the poxy Ryman Division One, then I can't see how they'll perform in the Blue Square :rolleyes: :rolleyes: South.

Full of optimism!

11. Tricky Skills

12. corporate whore

corporate whore oh, thought you were dead

Worrying news, Mr Skills. Will deffo have a wander the whole 3 minutes from my place to the ground this coming season.

Does Sainsbury own the lease or Southwark?

13. Tricky Skills

Mmmm - think it might be our old friends :rolleyes: the mysterious Dulwich Estate. Not sure though.

14. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

THREAD BUMP! THREAD BUMP!

Hamlet are top of the table this season (7 games in unbeaten and having played some other top teams), theres a long way to go, but possible promotion beckons... if ever there was a time to support them to glory its now! Fixtures:
    http://www.dulwichhamletfc.co.uk/league-table.php

15. editor

editor hiraethified

We can be glory hunters!

16. editor

editor hiraethified

If you type in 'dulwich hamlet photos' I'm #1! :)

17. Onket

Why can't you cut n paste on these boards?

18. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter Home is south London mate

yeah really want to go and see the Hamlet again soon. We saw a cracking 3-2 win there against Chipstead last season.

I was...ahem...politely removed from the "directors box" by the friendly Chairman - I'd absent mindedly wandered in there in a slightly drunken stupor! :oops:

great club

19. ska invita

I dont know whats happened this year, there are only a handful of Saturday home fixtures - most of the home fixtures are at 3pm on a Tuesday. Im guessing they're sharing the ground with someone...?

20. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

In your heart you know this is a daft thing to say. Fixtures - scroll right down the page as it starts at the top with 06/07:

http://www.dulwichhamletfc.co.uk/fixtures-results.php

Huge game coming up on the 22nd - FA Cup, First Qualifying Round (possible league opposition if they win that)!

21. ska invita

Ive been trying to go to a home game this year and its been hard to find a date, been reading through the fixtures on that link and checking against a calendar - but your right there are lots of dates coming up - strange - I could have sworn there were just a couple - seems i was having a little brain malfunction!

22. se5

se5 Well-Known Member

There apparently is a continued threat to the ground - loads of stuff on the supporters' website http://www.dhst.org.uk/ with estate agent brochure http://www.dhst.org.uk/pdfs/Sale.pdf showing potential - although impression given is that any developer would have to re-site the football stadium

23. ska invita

RaverDrew and editor like this.
  24. ska invita

In fact, if Dulwich win on Saturday they cant be caught! Well worth getting down there this saturday (3pm)

gaijingirl likes this.
  25. stevebradley

stevebradley Well-Known Member

I love a bit of lower league football, so might get meself down for this after the official opening of the new Slade Gardens children's playground (*cough* starts at 1pm *cough*).

gaijingirl likes this.
  26. Thaw

Thaw Aye like, so it is.

27. Onket

Were will they get promoted to, if they do?

28. Thaw

Thaw Aye like, so it is.

To the Ryman Premier League
    Then from there to Conference South, then Conference National, then League 2...and so on, and so forth until the owners get crooked, they go bankrupt and end up back at the start. Like Portsmouth are going to.

pompeydunc likes this.
  29. Onket

Or get bought and move to somewhere like Milton Keynes.

30. ska invita