Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 30, 2013.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

As sometimes happens in football. Though, as I heard it, it was down to Omarr's 'agent/representative' saying he was destined for greater things in the professional game, thinking he was too good for The Hamlet. Depends on who you listen to, I suppose.
    Good luck to him at Lewes...

2. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

I heard the same: Gav didnt like the whole agent situation and subsequently bombed him out.

3. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Agent is Tony Finnigan I believe - shady character.

4. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Tony Finnigan used to play for Dulwich Hamlet. I THINK he was one of our scorers in a famous early/mid 90s win away at Sutton United.

5. Dulwich Mishi

Erm, what was famous about it?

6. Hat Man

Hat Man New Member

I heard different, Manager want him to sign with another agent. If he didn't sign would pull the Watford deal. In my books that wrong. So the boy told him to stick it and concentrated on his studies.

7. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

First, and i could be wrong about this, but I've never heard of Gavin signing players to agents before.
    Second, why on earth would he wanna pull theplug on the Watford deal? It would give him and the academy publicity and probably a small transfer fee.

8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

This is Watford we're talking about. They don't like paying transfer fees to non-league clubs, remember?

Hamlet Pete and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  9. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

August 2014

REMEMBERING

David Harris

"PRESSURE HARRY" RIP

[​IMG] [​IMG]

beautiful drawing and article on David in the Moral Victory Fanzine

"There are fans from all over the Isthmian League and beyond who cant work out what is happening behind the goal at Champion Hill at every home game, as well as our travels. I sometimes wounder if some of our own fans get it. But there's one that did... and who loved every moment of it until he died. And that man was dear old David Harris... "Pressure Harry" to his friends" (Inbetweener)

"Come on Dulwich, Pressure"

10. Dulwich Mishi

Inbetweener can only claim 'credit' for the words, not the great caricature.

11. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member