Dulwich Hamlet FA Youth Cup 2019/20 Season

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by the 12th man, Sep 5, 2019.

1. all to nah

all to nah Well-Known Member

No, it wouldn't in my opinion. The ground itself is shit and the club just came up in the last years, because they found one man, who spends a lot of money, now. I went there two days before their last round for the first teams FA Vase match against Falmouth Town. The people were quite unfriendly and the match (two 10th division sides - most of the supporters and players seemed to know each other for years) was over-stewarded. I really liked the friendly stuff at the tea and burger hut, though. I recommend to visit one of the nice clubs around, if you fancy a trip to Cornwall.

editor likes this.
  2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Just would have preferred it away as it’s somewhere I’ll probably never go to... either of them!
    I wonder how the FA Youth Cup works? Presumably a loss is shared on their travel costs? Could be quite a costly fixture to stage if that’s the case?

3. Taran

Taran New Member

I see that we will be facing Forest Green Rovers after they beat Heston 5-0.

4. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Hope it doesn't clash with the replay in Carlisle.

pettyboy likes this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Yeah, it will be on the same night & Danny Mills will have to stay with his young charges in London...:D

6. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Or hopefully the re-arranged fixture after the Friday blizzard.

Noss and Matt The Cab like this.
  7. Dulwich Mishi

Date just announced for the Second Round Proper at home to Forest Green Rovers.
    Thursday 14th November 7:00pm kick off.
    Admission £3, concessions £1.

pettyboy likes this.
  8. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

We'll be expecting vegan pies.

9. Dulwich Mishi

We already sell them... along with fancy meat ones too.

10. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Blimey, was only joking. Don't know a massive amount about our kids, live abroad now so only see reports and streams of first team. Know we hired a new coach over summer, one of first women at our level and she's done well.

11. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Just seen the winners have been drawn away to Middlesborough.

12. Dulwich Mishi

Apparently they play their games at Bishop Auckland.

13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

That would be a bit disappointing for our players if they beat FGR, although it's a ground I'd like to visit personally. Is there a stage of the competition at which club's have to use their primary ground? I bet they wouldn't play at Bishop Auckland if it was Liverpool or Manchester United or Arsenal.

14. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Had a couple of our better youth players start in the Checkafraud cup Tuesday, in which our second string got completely pumped by Walsall six-nil (!) which is probably not ideal prep for tonight.

15. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Game off tonight unfortunately.

16. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Rescheduled for Monday 7pm.

Dulwich Mishi and StephenMac like this.
  17. EDC

Poxy rain, six days late.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  18. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

I didn't realise you had weather in that there London.

19. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

20. EDC

We all talk out of the sides of our mouths and live on jellied eels too.

21. EDC

22. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Jeez, just saw the tweet!!!

23. Pink Panther

Obviously the scoreline is embarrassing but we just got blown away by a very good side. A goalkeeping howler gifted the visitors their second goal immediately after we'd equalised from a brilliant run and strike by Keanan Allassani. Once we were chasing the game we were repeatedly exposed at the back by superb attacking play and ruthless finishing.

JimW, EDC, Nivag and 1 other person like this.
  24. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Both of our hat-trick lads have had minutes with the first team, mostly in the Checkafraud but some subs bench appearances too.

Pink Panther and EDC like this.
  25. EDC

Every player seemed a yard faster and found so much space.

26. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Think young Vaughn Covil is on the radar of a few bigger clubs already.

27. Pink Panther

All the visitors' players had first team squad numbers. They looked physically a bit bigger and stronger than our lads as well as having the technical ability. Some of those players already look ready for men's football, at least at National South level if not above. I was also impressed with our left back Dwayne Clarke, who was still going strong right to the end. I reckon he could certainly do a job for an Isthmian South club right now.

In the past we've competed well with a lot of higher league clubs in this competition including Norwich, Newcastle and Fulham, but I've often felt the players in those teams were just six foot / twelve stone athletes with no greater footballing ability than ours playing to a regimented plan. Fulham especially seemed nonplussed by playing against a team of lightweight "street footballers" doing spontaneous things that weren't part of their own coaching manual. We played them at the height of the Al Fayed era, one of their players had cost a £750k transfer fee from Everton, their team was managed by Steve Kean who later found notoriety as the manager who piloted Blackburn Rovers out of the Premier League. We were very unlucky not to beat them, conceding a stoppage time equaliser before losing a shoot-out after extra time produced no further goals.

EDC, bkbk and editor like this.
  28. EDC

That 9th goal though, did he actually carry it on his head before it went in?

29. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Our report described it like that, with a "sealing" the victory groaner.
    ETA Or maybe it was a forum comment

EDC likes this.