Dulwich Hamlet Christmas Party Hosted by DHST - 20/12/18

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scolly, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Well it wouldn’t work tonight what with the counter attraction of Lewisham Borough being at home at Ladywell...⚽️❤️

2. Scottfield

Scottfield Active Member

Go on Mishi, say something vaguely positive. I dare you.

3. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Fantastic night. Well done all involved in organising. The £1.50 shots of Mexicaners at the end of the night went down a treat!

Dirty South and Matt The Cab like this.
  4. Dulwich Mishi

I do you just don’t always notice it... my post was clearly a bit tongue in cheek. Lewisham Borough on a Friday night is clearly only for sad Bill-no-mates types like myself. The new bar needs events, thought I’m not sure personally if weekly would be too often, having said that I’m happy for anything that makes the bar tick & profit for the club.

5. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

A couple of people said that to me too, but putting on these things is a learning experience and it's all about making money for the club. I'm sure the next one we do will be a bit more polished as everyone learns what works and what doesn't.

After being to a couple of similar auctions - and listening to what people told me last time - I tried to do the auction as fast as I could last night because I understand it's not a heap of fun for those who aren't interested. Still, it raised a fair few quid :thumbs:

I'm still chuffed that my extra-cheap earphones worked as a microphone!

Taper and pompeydunc like this.
  6. editor

7. Dulwich Mishi

To be honest I thought you did well with auction, you have the experience & eye for it. Well done.

Scottfield, Pink Panther and editor like this.
  8. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Great party. Thanks to the trust and the club and the barstaff

9. editor

Blimey! Thank you very much! I guess the job is to encourage people to bid as much as they can and be quick about it - and try and make it vaguely entertaining on the way. I'm sure there's people way better than me at it, but I'm happy to help out if needed.

If I do it next time though, I want a GAVEL!

Ronco and Matt The Cab like this.
  10. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Seems as if it was great night all round. Shame I had to miss it.

pompeydunc likes this.
  11. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

The only photos I took.
    IMG_20181220_235131940.jpg IMG_20181220_235235075.jpg IMG_20181220_235238159.jpg