1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet 4-2 Kingstonian, 20th March 2017 19:45 KO

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Cyclodunc, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

I'm a maybe, but here's a thread to draft some songs about Moss's wedding suit.

2. WillClunas

WillClunas Active Member

In.

Attached Files:

B.I.G and Latahs like this.
  3. YTC

YTC Human Man

THIS IS TONIGHT ETC

WillClunas likes this.
  4. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Monday night football - bring it on. Think we need 9 points minimum from this run of five games in quick succession, this needs to be 3 of them!

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

He will complain to ForwardHamlet again!

mrs quoad likes this.
  6. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Also post of the year :)

Cyclodunc likes this.
  7. clog

clog have that you c

I'm in, Can't wait to see Moss again.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Looking at their forum as a whole not sure any of our old enemies even go anymore. Must make sure we sing our only song

9. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Very enjoyable evenings football
    not bad attendance given Monday evening that threatened rain
    50 ish Kingstonian fans - seemed more preoccupied with their own "move to Leatherhead"

Kingstonians were very poor and no heart in the game

Hamlet should have scored about six

Up 2 places to 7th - roll on Wednesday

Lucy Fur and mrs quoad like this.
  10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I know I've gone full PartisanDulwich ;) but I'm loving the first half of this tweet.

clog, mrs quoad and YTC like this.
  11. YTC

YTC Human Man

I saw two tweets about seeing someone in a streatham shirt.

K's self owning themselves left right and centre. Although I admire their protest 'Leatherhead is too far to move for an indefinite amount of time' isn't the finest bit of copy I've seen felt tipped onto a bed sheet.

12. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

You beat me to it by 3 minutes. I was so sad. Professional beats the amateur everytime :(

13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

As for Govier :thumbs: best times eva.

14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Maybe my very good friend C**teridge will come and explain the joke. I hope so.

WHO IS THIS STREATHAM ROVERS????

15. PartisanDulwich

never mind Streatham Rovers - Govier's gone nuclear #again (as BIG refers to)

govier age5.jpg

mrs quoad and B.I.G like this.
  16. YTC

YTC Human Man

The man is unstable. Seriously. Block and ignore.

Pink Panther and B.I.G like this.
  17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

18. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

19. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Big win, surprisingly small crowd. People saving themselves for Wednesday?

An enjoyable match I thought - good to see a couple of non-regulars get a chance, and Sekajja in particular definitely put forward a strong claim for more game time. And great to see Clunis back in the side and looking sharp. The team formation is really working well now and everyone seems to know what their role is, even when there's a bit of squad rotation like there was in this one.

I know the Kingstonian fans aren't popular but personally I like it when a travelling support makes a bit of an effort to make some noise. It's disappointingly rare at Champion Hill.

Hoping for a Leiston defeat tonight and then a big three points for us on Wednesday.

joe1990 and Nivag like this.
  20. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

I won the 50:50.
    Not quite the bonanza that EDC won around Christmas but pretty darned good. A mate then took up my offer of a celebratory drink by enquiring of the barman at the EDT what their most expensive beer was. It was vile so that'll learn him.

21. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Enjoyed last night, the team played well, especially Sekajja with Dipo providing the usual annoyances to the oppositions defence. Glad he got a goal for his work.
    Pitty we let in a second goal at the end, a good goal difference at the end of the season could come in useful.

Pink Panther likes this.
  22. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

If only you see a man in a Streatham Rovers shirt does he exist?

Scolly what do you think?

23. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

-The lad in the Steatham Rovers shirt- (1).jpg .

takkforalt, Lucy Fur and clog like this.
  24. NPDHFC

NPDHFC In daß Haus

B.I.G likes this.
  25. NPDHFC

NPDHFC In daß Haus

Have this ready made for the next away trip to K's, wherever and whenever that is...

leatherhead.jpg

EDC likes this.
  26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

27. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

If those were the 'highlights' from Ks perspective it says everything you need to know about their own club. A desperate attempt to insult us by association with Farage. Not even worth any kind of response, just treat them with the contempt they deserve.

This was a fairly easy win, and we really ought to have won by at least double the margin, but given the hectic fixture list and the strength of our forthcoming opponents it was definitely "job done". We were able to rest three regular starters on the bench (Kargbo, Tomlin, Ming) while Camara came in for his first league start, Clunis returned after six weeks out injured, and Sekajja returned to the starting line up after being dropped to the bench for the last two league games and responded with two goals and a generally excellent performance.

Hamlet grew into the game as it became apparent that Ks were very much there for the taking and were soon in front when Carew confidently beat ex-Hamlet keeper Rob Tolfrey from the penalty spot following a handball. Hamlet dominated the remainder of the half with several attempts at goal either well saved or narrowly off target.

The game was effectively in the bag after less than ten minutes of the second half as Hamlet struck twice more. Sekajja latched onto a long ball over the top and fired past Tolfrey, then Akinyemi converted a cross from the right to make it 3-0. Other chances followed with Dumaka, on as substitute, particularly unfortunate not to find the net as Tolfrey and the goalframe thwarted him. With twenty minutes to go the ref seemed to take pity on Ks, ignoring an obvious foul on the edge of their box then awarding them one at the other end, from which they scored, following a swift counter-attack. This seemed to spark the visitors into life and they enjoyed their most productive spell of the match but without really threatening further goals. Most of Hamlet's subsequent attacks seemed to end with Dumaka being harshly penalised for 50-50 challenges or being fouled without getting a free kick, but eventually we added a fourth when Sekajja's shot took a deflection that wrongfooted Tolfrey and went into the opposite side of the net. Annoyingly Ks then bagged a second goal deep into stoppage time from the last kick of the match, but Hamlet are now back up to seventh place and only six, four and two points respectively off third, fourth and fifth places, with four games in hand over all those teams. Leiston, having overcome their losing streak are one point ahead in sixth with the same number of games played.

Team (3-4-1-2): Edwards - Weatherstone, Drage, Chambers - Clunis, Carew, Beaney(c), Green - Camara - Akinyemi, Sekajja. Subs: Kargbo (for Camara), Dumaka (for Akinyemi), Taylor (for Carew), Tomlin, Ming (not used). Attendance: 595

Moroccan Sunset, AndyF, Poids and 3 others like this.
  28. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

29. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

We hate Tooting & Mitchem,
    We hate Leatherhead too (for an indefinite period, they're scum!)

30. PartisanDulwich