Dulwich Hamlet 4-0 Dorking Wanderers, Thurs 12th April - entry by donation

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by liamdhfc, Apr 1, 2018.

1. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Game will be on Thursday 12th April with kick off at 7.45. Entry by donation.

Means we are at "home" on 10th, 12th and 14th April.

2. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Super! Tight fixture schedule at "home". i am feeling it is our second home now and we are making it a bit more like our gaff even though it is Tooting's gaff. Sort of kipping on someone's settee but it is a nice settee and the beer is dead cheap!

mrs quoad likes this.
  3. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

Your friends sell you cheap beer when you’re sofa surfing with them?

darryl likes this.
  4. AlanJTerror

AlanJTerror Member

Our beer is not only cheap, £3-00 per pint, but the bitter`s we have are first class.

YTC, XV Brigada, Lucy Fur and 4 others like this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

5 changes to the starting line-up from Tuesday. All 3 centre backs dropped, Allassani & Tomlin up front with Carew back for Beaney in midfield.

Hope this works .

8. Pink Panther

1-0 Allassani 32 minutes

the 12th man likes this.
  9. Pink Panther

2-0 Carew penalty 49 minutes

the 12th man and mx wcfc like this.
  10. Pink Panther

3-0 Green 52 minutes

Lucy Fur and the 12th man like this.
  11. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Dorking manager sent off for throwing tea at the linesman.

Attached Files:

Lucy Fur, the 12th man and mx wcfc like this.
  12. Pink Panther

4-0 Weatherstone 78 minutes

the 12th man likes this.
  13. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Oh the joys of non league!

Nivag likes this.
  14. mx wcfc

Folkestown losing 4-3 at Staines.....

15. finbarrinz

finbarrinz Active Member

"Folkestone"

pompeydunc and mx wcfc like this.
  16. mx wcfc

I really shouldn't be this pissed on a Thursday night. I have to talk sensibly tomorrow.

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Well, that was a good ol' fashioned 4-0 thumping. Great performance against a pretty poor Dorking team.

Oh and Folkestone/Folkestown/Folkyville/Forksforall equalised in the last minute, but we're still back in second place now.

Pink Panther likes this.
  18. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

This might be odd praise after a 4-0 win but Amadou Tangara has looked really competent in his three performances so far and had a particularly good first half this eve.

I look forward to him tossing one in net on Saturday now.

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

20. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

This result cheered me up no end
    bad week finally some good news

back of an envelope calculations and guess work - see Ricay nicking championship by 1 point
    so, well within bounds of error

Pink Panther likes this.
  21. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

That’s us on more points this season than we finished with in the last two seasons.

15 points left, so we could reach 97 points.

Champions of the last two seasons have had 94 and 95 points. Billericay could still reach 103. (Money well spent for a potential additional 8 points..)

editor likes this.
  22. Pink Panther

I didn't think Dorking were much better or worse than Tonbridge in terms of quality, and the first half wasn't completely dissimilar although the Hamlet's rejigged line-up certainly played with more of a spring in its step. If we'd got that vital first goal on Tuesday I think we could have gone on to win that game just as comfortably. Ponder some of the other marginals, such as the first Tonbridge goal being a brilliant strike that the scorer would do well to replicate from a dozen or more further attempts, and the first two goals last night both slipping through the keeper's grasp when I'm sure he would expect to have saved both of them, and I think either game may well have panned out differently had the other side claimed the first goal.

Dorking began cautiously, looking to frustrate us. There were a lot of annoying spoiling tactics; nothing nasty, but holding, pushing, pulling etc. A stricter referee could have shown a couple of early yellow cards as our players were cynically pulled back from behind after escaping their markers, and Allassani was being wrestled all over the place as a corner was flighted into the box, but you rarely get penalties for those. Hamlet broke the deadlock just before the half hour when a defender slipped up and lost the ball 25 yards out and a quick pass into the box released Allassani who steadied himself before shooting across the keeper, who got both hands to the ball but appeared to be fooled by an awkward bobble off the uneven surface in the goalmouth. The rest of the first half was fairly even with chances at both ends as the visitors pushed more men forward and pressed us in the middle third.

Hamlet doubled the lead within three minutes of the restart as Green made a trademark surging run down the left, drew two defenders with him, then was blatantly tripped from behind just as he crossed the 18 yard line. At first it appeared the referee was going to award a free kick just outside, but after pausing for a moment he pointed to the spot. Carew stepped up and fired low to the left of the keeper, who for a second time got both hands to a shot but couldn't keep it out of the net. Four minutes later Hamlet put the game beyond reasonable doubt when Tomlin expertly held up the ball outside the box before slipping a perfectly timed pass outside to Green, who sidestepped a defender and rifled his shot into the far corner. A foul by Carew on the halfway line midway through the half seemed to upset the visitors, who crowded round in a shoving match with their manager dismissed from the bench. Following the usual round of substitutions Hamlet added a fourth goal with twelve minutes left as a corner dropped for Weatherstone inside the six yard box, and despite initially getting the ball stuck under his feet he managed to keep it out of opponents' reach before lifting it into the roof of the net. There was a noticeable edge to the contest during the closing stages as Dorking became more aggressive, with another shoving match on the far touchline after Ming was brought down, but somehow we ended up with more yellow cards than they did with only their no9 (for dissent after the penalty award) and their keeper (for clipping Ming in going for a 50/50 ball outside the box near the byline) finding their way into the referee's notebook.

Team (3-5-2): Tangara - Ming, Hayles(c), Chambers - Clunis, Ferguson, Kargbo, Carew, Green - Tomlin, Allassani. Subs: Beaney (for Carew), Dumaka (for Tomlin), Weatherstone (for Allassani), Akinyemi, Abrahmas (not used). Att.551

He played against us twice for Grays last season and I liked the look of him then. He presents a big barrier and is an imposing presence with safe hands. I think he looks more solid than Addai, who is much younger and less experienced but whose quick and accurate distribution, firing the ball out hard with a flat trajectory, was a real asset and led directly to at least three goals during his short spell.

I don't know about "tossing one in the net", but I reckon there's scope for a calamity if he keeps up the "Tangara Tango", luring forwards towards himself with the ball at his feet then whisking it away from them like a matador before clearing it, which he did at least twice last night.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    crocustim and editor like this.
  23. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

One of them looked a little too close for comfort from where I was standing on the halfway line. I hope it's not something he does too often. Apart from conceding a goal, there is a good chance a player will clatter through him if he does it more than once and he could get injured.