Dulwich Hamlet 3-0 Worthing (at Tooting), Sunday 18th March

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Hopefully everyone is now aware of where and when this match is being played, and as many of us as possible will try to attend to support our team and club during these difficult times. There are a number disruptions to the normal rail timetables for this date due to engineering works. Therefore I have run searches for various routes likely to be used by our supporters which are specific to this date and have given a summary below. I haven't got any more time to send on this right now, but will add any further information and attempt to answer any queries anyone might have.

TRAINS

From East/North Dulwich or Peckham Rye: Half hourly train service (leaves Peckham Rye at 15 & 45 past the hour), change at Tulse Hill for Wimbledon, then take the tram to Mitcham. Total journey time approx. 50 minutes. (Alternatively you could get off the train at Tulse Hill and take bus 201 to Mitcham.)

From Denmark Hill: Take the Overground to Clapham Junction (quarter hourly service), change for Wimbledon (frequent trains) then take the tram to Mitcham. Journey time approx. 55 mins.

From Elephant & Castle, Loughborough Junction, Herne Hill: Take the half hourly Thameslink train service (leaves Elephant at 19 & 49 past the hour) to Wimbledon, then take the tram to Mitcham. Total journey time 46 mins from Elephant. (Alternatively get off the train at Tooting and take bus 280 to the ground.)

From stations on the New Cross Gate – Norwood Junction line: Half hourly train service to East Croydon, then tram to Mitcham. Journey time approx. 50 mins from NXG.

From Gipsy Hill / Crystal Palace: Half hourly train service to East Croydon (leaves Gipsy Hill at 20 & 50 past the hour) then tram to Mitcham.

N.B.
    There are no trains to Mitcham Junction from anywhere this Sunday due to engineering works:

Planned engineering works | Thameslink

It's rail replacement bus between Streatham and Sutton via Mitcham Junction on the Thamesline route, and between Streatham Common and Sutton via Mitcham Junction on the Southern route from Victoria.

Anyone wishing to go to Mitcham Junction will have to get off the train at Streatham and take the rail replacement bus, which runs quarterhourly with a scheduled journey time of 21 minutes, then get the tram for one stop from Mitcham Junction to Mitcham.

BUSES

This is the link for the TFL map showing bus services around the ground:

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/mitcham-a4-070218.pdf

The closest stops to the ground are Wandle Road / Bishopsford Road on routes 118 and 280. Mitcham tram stop is maybe 500 yards from the ground.

Bus 118 runs from Brixton via Streatham Hill to the ground.

Bus 201 runs from Herne Hill via West Dulwich (Croxted Road / Thurlow Park Road) and Tulse Hill. Closest stops to the ground are in Morden Road near Mitcham Tram Stop.

UNDERGROUND

Elephant & Castle / Kennington / Oval / Stockwell: Take the Northern Line to Morden, then bus 118 from outside the station to the ground.

TRAMS

The Croydon Tramlink runs between Beckenham Junction or Elmers End to Wimbledon and stops at Mitcham:

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/tram-service-map.pdf

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

can I also add we have our first game there on Tuesday evening and the Thameslink is running as normal

clog, Dulwich Mishi and Thimble Queen like this.
  3. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

On Tuesday evening like all weekend days Southern run 3 evening peak time services out of London Bridge which call at
    Peckam Rye 17.30 18.00 and 18.29
    East Dulwich 17.32 18.02 and 18.31
    Take any of these to Mitcham Junction journey time 21 minutes then cross over to the tram line and take the tram (destination Wimbledon) 1 stop to Mitcham journey time 2 minutes and then 5 minute walk to the ground!

YTC, Dulwich Mishi and Fingers like this.
  4. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

There are also tram engineering works the weekend of the Dorking Wanderers match (Sat 31st) - no service Reeves Corner to Sandilands, which will affect anyone coming via East Croydon or from the Beckenham area. Replacement buses running.

5. Pink Panther

I was trying to take this one game at a time by starting this thread. When I began checking details this was going to be the first game at Tooting.

We're playing Worthing next Sunday, 18th March, let's try to encourage as many people as possible to travel to that game with simple accurate information.

There's already a separate thread for the League Cup Semi-final. If everyone is going to start talking about other games, when there are different timetable alterations, it's potentially going to get very confusing.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  6. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

Is it a 3pm ko on Sunday 18th ?

7. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

As far as I know Yes!

8. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

Thanks. I am sure there is potential for fans of other clubs to come along on a Sunday . No Premiership games on either just a few Cup games

9. YTC

YTC Human Man

SUNDAY:

Annoyingly engineering works make this a trickier journey!

Alt route for those able to travel from Loughborough Junction/Herne Hill/Tulse Hill/West Norwood/Streatham - Train to Tooting Station, then 280 to mitcham road (approx 25 mins).

The Mitcham Junction journey plus tram is by far the quickest, and will hopefully be the key route for many!

10. Pink Panther

There are no trains to Mitcham Junction from anywhere this Sunday due to engineering works:

Planned engineering works | Thameslink

Original post edited to make this absolutely clear. It's rail replacement bus between Streatham and Sutton via Mitcham Junction on the Thamesline route, and between Streatham Common and Sutton via Mitcham Junction on the Southern route from Victoria.

Anyone wishing to go to Mitcham Junction will have to get off the train at Streatham and take the rail replacement bus, which runs quarter hourly with a scheduled journey time of 21 minutes, then get the tram for one stop from Mitcham Junction to Mitcham.

11. Pink Panther

12. Pink Panther

13. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

Any idea about parking?

Out of town this weekend so I might drive in instead of faffing around on Trains and bus replacements.

14. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Loads of onsite parking available.

15. Ratface

Ratface New Member

This, Tooting, was first ground I ever went to in England when I lived in Mitcham and I thought all non league grounds were like this. Now I realise how naive! I do like it though and hope for a big home win against Worthing that I can watch.

16. Sparkle Motion

Sparkle Motion Well-Known Member

If the Maidstone experience is anything I go by, those of you who make it to these games will have bragging rights for years to come and get to look down your noses at new fans forever. Seriously though, hope you work your way through this and get back where you belong. Seems like everyone who knows about football is behind your struggle.

Dulwich Mishi and B.I.G like this.
  17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm going to try and hotfoot it from Bristol direct to the game so I'll have a bag with a very loud cowbell inside. Probably a good idea to check the acoustics of the place :)

Pink Panther likes this.
  18. 59robbery

59robbery Member

Acoustics are okay. But just be warned it’s the coldest place in South London and the forecast is ominous.

19. thisismccann

thisismccann New Member

Thanks for this information - I'm commentating on the game this Sunday and this travel info is really helpful in allowing me to get there.
    I'm travelling from Victoria and trying to work out my route.
    From the information I've got TFL planner saying I should change at Clapham Junction, then go to Earlsfield station then get the tram through to Mitcham.
    Meanwhile google maps says I should get a train from Victoria to East Croydon and then get the tram to Mitcham.

Apologies if I'm being dense but just trying to get my head around the best route - thanks in advance for all your help and advice.
    Best,
    Michael

20. Pink Panther

Earlsfield doesn't connect with the tramlink so you definitely don't want to go there! East Croydon then tram should be straightforward as long as you're on a fast train calling at Clapham Junction only,, before East Croydon. Get in the front carriage and the trams stop right outside the station. (Go up the ramp at the front of the platform, don't go up the stairs and out the side entrance.) Are you starting your journey from Victoria or are you coming from somewhere else first? Let me know and I might be able to suggest a more direct route bypassing Victoria.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  21. 59robbery

59robbery Member

Might be quicker to go to Mitcham Junction from Victoria. Only one stop on the tram from there.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  22. BrandNewGuy

BrandNewGuy Well-Known Member

There are no trains to Mitcham Junction on Sunday

23. Dodger

Dodger Well-Known Member

Are you coming up from Worthing? If so train to east croydon and tram from there will be without doubt the quickest route.

24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Hendon more likely :D

25. thisismccann

thisismccann New Member

My coach from Leeds (coming back from Ligue 1 commentary up north on the Sunday) arrives into Victoria coach station at 12.35pm - then I've got to get to Tooting.

26. thisismccann

thisismccann New Member

Yes starting my journey from Victoria coach station from Leeds (coming back from Ligue 1 commentary up north on the Sunday). I arrive at 12.35pm - then I've got to get to the ground. So fast train to East Croydon and take the front carriage then? Thanks for the help!

Pink Panther likes this.
  27. Ratface

Ratface New Member

Thank you Panther for tips I hope northern line and bus opinion will work with the snow.

Pink Panther likes this.
  28. Pink Panther

If the snow is heavy enough to derail that, the game will probably be off anyway!

29. Pink Panther

Zero disruption to roads and public transport in South London so far as I can see, and Tooting v Hendon has gone ahead, along with 6 of the other 10 matches in our division. Billericay off again!

30. SDE

SDE Well-Known Member

For those who can't make the game tomorrow there's going to be live commentary via this link:

thisismccann4 on Mixlr

Michael Mccann is doing it. Some of you may well know him. He's a great guy and excellent broadcaster / journo who has covered and followed a number of Dulwich over several years now. I think he's got someone from Football Beyond Borders on air with him too. Anyway, tune in, tweet him during the game etc.