Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet 1-3 Bognor Regis - 8th October 16 - Trade Union Day

planetgeli

There's no future in England's dreaming
Many thanks to all for all the updates, news, match reports, comments, pictures and yes, even the bloody scores! It's well appreciated I assure you. It's a 500 mile round trip if I ever want to see a game but it reminds me of my years in London supporting Hendon (who I still follow) once Arsenal had priced me and my kid out.

Your crowds and all the left and union affiliated stuff is to be proud of. Keep up the good work.

PartisanDulwich

CuVVhfBWgAEdJCZ.jpg

Trade Union Day at Dulwich Hamlet

Great picture
Great cause
Stop Foul play in Qatar
Regarding concerns about safety and conditions of workers building World Cup facilities in Qatar

(Sorry would credit if knew photographer - but excellent)

now know its Photo Dunc aka Cyclodunc

Last edited:

PartisanDulwich

A big thank you (as Mishi wrote in the Match programme) to the Editor of Urban 75 for all his great work on building this game and indeed all his efforts on keeping this key resources going - vital communication tool

crocustim

Lucy Fur

Enlighten me on the keys. What was the origin? I didn't realise it was comedy. I just thought it was a quirky thing that developed to interact with the game and quite liked it tbh.
One old standing member of the rabble expressed his dislike of it, one newish member instigated it at every corner to wind him up. Lots of very new members blindly copied assuming it was a thing.

Dulwich Mishi

Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!
R.I.P.
Enlighten me on the keys. What was the origin? I didn't realise it was comedy. I just thought it was a quirky thing that developed to interact with the game and quite liked it tbh.
Loads of old bollocks, something 'nicked off the telly' from European games, or something like that..probably people professing to being 'against modern football' whilst 'apeing modern football'...

darryl

this wasn't supposed to happen
Loads of old bollocks, something 'nicked off the telly' from European games, or something like that..probably people professing to being 'against modern football' whilst 'apeing modern football'...
There's a sticker in the gents' under the stand that reads "AGAINST MODERN FOOTBALL - endorsed by..." with a picture of Jurgen Klopp. Presumably placed there by someone with delusions so big they can be seen from space.

crocustim

So crowd mentality and inertia has been set loose to annoy one individual forevermore, but now its backfired and you dont like it either? Haha. You've created a monster. People seem to enjoy it. And not because it references 3rd division Danish football or anything like that. You'll probably just have to suck it up.

iamwithnail

On the note of stuff at the match, I thought the union banners were very nice to look at, but they would have been better not blocking the view of the pitch from the TO/carwash corner, there was quite a lot of pitchside space taken up when it was already very tight as it was a busy match. Maybe on the walls/displayed behind the goals on the framing would have been better?

B.I.G

So crowd mentality and inertia has been set loose to annoy one individual forevermore, but now its backfired and you dont like it either? Haha. You've created a monster. People seem to enjoy it. And not because it references 3rd division Danish football or anything like that. You'll probably just have to suck it up.
People used to care about the collective. Being a part of a football crowd used to be a bit like being part of a union with solid values. Nowadays it seems both are more about the indidivual than the collective.

Hence wankers. Are we looking at the cause of the destruction of the "rabble"?

That no one seems to give a shit about the collective anymore. Certainly only Lucy Fur Dulwich Mishi ForwardHamlet amongst others you could trust to have your back. I wouldn't trust too many of the newbies. Wankers.

EDC

A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days
I've always thought the key jangling was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen at football and hate choreographed 'ultra' clone nonsense, all that hand clapping, arms around each other, backs to the game jumping up and down, etc. No-one with a megaphone is going to tell me when and what to sing either.

Pyros though, that's another matter.

Last edited:

StephenMac

People used to care about the collective. Being a part of a football crowd used to be a bit like being part of a union with solid values. Nowadays it seems both are more about the indidivual than the collective.

Hence wankers. Are we looking at the cause of the destruction of the "rabble"?

That no one seems to give a shit about the collective anymore. Certainly only Lucy Fur Dulwich Mishi ForwardHamlet amongst others you could trust to have your back. I wouldn't trust too many of the newbies. Wankers.
Crikey.