Dulwich Hamlet 1-3 Bognor Regis - 8th October 16 - Trade Union Day

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Sep 6, 2016.

1. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

Currently doing a sports study hope its OK to ask some of you some questions after the game?

2. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

O.K.

3. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Yes I can. There is quite a bit going on tomorrow so I can write that part of the day to include in the report if you want. Could you give us a re-tweet on Brixton Buzz Twitter please

editor likes this.
  4. Fingers

5. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Just a couple of comments from our opponents - enjoy

As I often do prior to playing against opposition, I ventured onto the Dulwich forum and was surprised to see some 14 pages of postings regarding our game on Saturday (or so I thought). What have they become? If that is the sort of fan base they have now attracted, I would rather play in front of 50 people at Bognor than that political claptrap.
    If you have an hour to spend please enjoy their ramblings especially regarding some of our fans. Needless to say after I had read about 7 pages I gave up us there was hardly any positive comments regarding the actual game, and to think they were a club I used to look up to and admire, and aren't they a fan ownership club.

[​IMG]
    Post by BarryA on yesterday at 10:56am
    See what you mean Mo. Of course there's more than one Dulwich Forum but the one you're referring-to seems the most active these days. All seems very juvenile - a bit like reading a 'Young Ones' script - and surprisingly football-free. Just shows that the increased attendances at Hamlet in recent seasons are not an unmixed blessing. As you know I live about 2 miles from Champion Hill and go there occasionally when Rocks don't have a game. To be fair, the big, youthful crowds make for a great atmosphere but listen to some of the conversations and you wonder whether some of these urban trendies have ever seen a football match before or are just there to show off their facial topiary and sample the (excellent) craft beers. But my real beef with many 'new' Dulwiich supporters is not with their political views (which generally I share) so much as the fact that most of them are spoiled middle-class brats playing at being lefties for a bit before turning into their stockbroker-belt parents.

Incidentally, I went to watch Wadham Lodge v Clapton in the Essex Senior League last night. (I lead a glamorous , jet-set existence.) Clapton took around 80 fans. I'm told they're getting gates of 700 -800 at home. A similar crowd to Hamlet but even younger and much scruffier; they'll probably move to Dulwich once they graduate and start working at HSBC or Goldman Sachs. They're all Merchant Bankers really.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  6. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

Awwwwww:D:D:D

YTC likes this.
  7. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen person of tinge

Marginally better than being homophobic racists pricks, I suppose.

*yes I know not all bognor fans :thumbs:

iamwithnail and Lucy Fur like this.
  8. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Flitting in & out like Tinkerbell on Meth

Couple of interesting points from that. Surprised to read Clapton "only" taking 80 fans to Wadham Lodge given there seems to be a lot of needle between the two clubs and its just down the road. And off course can't resist a little "dig" at Bognor Regis Logan's Run admission policy of no concessions for senior citizens!

Scutta likes this.
  9. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

Fingers likes this.
  10. Fingers

Ta, behind the goals, not sure which end, most probably the carwash end

11. Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby New Member

As I often do prior to playing against opposition, I ventured onto the Dulwich forum and was surprised to see some 14 pages of postings regarding our game on Saturday (or so I thought). What have they become? If that is the sort of fan base they have now attracted, I would rather play in front of 50 people at Bognor than that political claptrap.
    If you have an hour to spend please enjoy their ramblings especially regarding some of our fans. Needless to say after I had read about 7 pages I gave up us there was hardly any positive comments regarding the actual game, and to think they were a club I used to look up to and admire, and aren't they a fan ownership club.

[​IMG]
    Post by BarryA on yesterday at 10:56am
    See what you mean Mo. Of course there's more than one Dulwich Forum but the one you're referring-to seems the most active these days. All seems very juvenile - a bit like reading a 'Young Ones' script - and surprisingly football-free. Just shows that the increased attendances at Hamlet in recent seasons are not an unmixed blessing. As you know I live about 2 miles from Champion Hill and go there occasionally when Rocks don't have a game. To be fair, the big, youthful crowds make for a great atmosphere but listen to some of the conversations and you wonder whether some of these urban trendies have ever seen a football match before or are just there to show off their facial topiary and sample the (excellent) craft beers. But my real beef with many 'new' Dulwiich supporters is not with their political views (which generally I share) so much as the fact that most of them are spoiled middle-class brats playing at being lefties for a bit before turning into their stockbroker-belt parents.

Incidentally, I went to watch Wadham Lodge v Clapton in the Essex Senior League last night. (I lead a glamorous , jet-set existence.) Clapton took around 80 fans. I'm told they're getting gates of 700 -800 at home. A similar crowd to Hamlet but even younger and much scruffier; they'll probably move to Dulwich once they graduate and start working at HSBC or Goldman Sachs. They're all Merchant Bankers really.

12. editor

editor hiraethified

You sir*, are a pig shit ignorant twat. Enjoy your stupid world of monochromatic stereotypes like the clueless buffoon you are. Yep. It's easy insulting people you know fuck all about, isn't it? You doucheface arsenozzle spout.

*whoever it was who wrote it: I can't work it out from the post

13. Fingers

This

editor likes this.
  14. Fingers

For the record...

People who have complained about the day on here 4
    People who have complained about the day on the Bognor forums 0
    People who have complained about the day and had a chat with me at the footy about it 1

15. editor

editor hiraethified

I've got a piece going up at 8am tomorrow.

pompeydunc and Fingers like this.
  16. Fingers

Brilliant. Ta fella

17. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

Good luck hope it goes well and more importantly we smash bognor. Come on Dulwich!!

Thimble Queen and Fingers like this.
  18. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

Bognor's a bogie for me. Seldom seen the Hamlet do them over. Best one I've seen was that 0-0 draw just after Xmas about five years ago. Crowd of 800 odd. Seemed huge at the time. At least Prior's elsewhere.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  19. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

darryl likes this.
  20. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

Let bugger bognor be your watchword

Scutta likes this.
  21. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

A lot of people do a lot for the club, and I do very little other than support it doggedly.

But in order to attend today's game, me and the dog have been forced to agree to a list of demands from my wife and daughter (see photo). Wife's amendments image.jpeg are written in the blood she extracted from me.

So yes, the things I do for this bloody club.

22. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

Got a copy of hope not hate today advertising the tu day. Bit short notice I thought.

23. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Still good publicity though...

24. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

Feel free to come and talk about metal at the megacontainer, although, unsure why black metal isn't included on that list?

25. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Massive surprise. Bognor fans are utter fucking inbred twats.

26. editor

editor hiraethified

Bloody hell - over 2,200 there today! Shame about the result... :(

27. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

That was dull, boring and tedious! It's all been said before, it was so quiet even the pigeons decided to chill out on the pitch. And one of them showed more initiative than the whole team, got my man of the match!

Moroccan Sunset and iamwithnail like this.
  28. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Great attendance today
    With over 2,200 in attendance today
    proves the decision to go with a trade union day
    worked

Lots of new faces - Hope a some will come back again despite the result

well done to all those involved in making today a success (at least attendance and recognition wise)

Note

In the Conference only Tranmere got a bigger gate

Fingers and Bugpowder Dust like this.
  29. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

We were awful. Bereft of inspiration, shaky at the back and ineffective in the last third. :(

Moroccan Sunset and pitchfork like this.
  30. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

With the huge support and resources we have
    don't understand why we are playing so poorly
    #seriously
    its disappointing
    especially as so many people (old and new) have such faith in the club

we did have one stone wall penalty and we did hit the cross bar

shame Bognor fans have to be such drunken prats or maybe "so called" fans (not all but far to many)

Were proud to be a family club - maybe they dont want to be

Then again we had over 2,200 in attendance