1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet 1-2 Tonbridge Angels , Tues 10th April 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Mar 2, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh fuck I forgot that bit. Hang on!

*levers pulled.

Fixed!

2. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

I wondered if McKimm could shed any light, but B.I.G assessment of the man is correct. He's a cunt.
    mckim.PNG

B.I.G and editor like this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I previously had no strong opinion of Tonbridge. Now they're on my list and I wish on them a plague of frogs and terrible results. Horrible, cheaty team with a cunt of a manager.

[​IMG]

B.I.G and Lucy Fur like this.
  4. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

I'm far more frustrated with our wasteful finishing than any Tonbridge antics.

I thought Tomlin had a positive impact, linking particularly well with Nyren. Hope he can quickly get himself back to full match fitness and be an asset in the run-in.

5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Yes, whilst some of the Tonbridge antics were nauseating, and the referee should have dealt more firmly with them, that's not why we lost the game. So FWIW I accept McKimm's response, it's irrelevant in that context, they were there for the taking, we blew it, and realistically that's left us with too much ground to make up in terms of overhauling Billericay. I hasten to add I'm very pleased our team doesn't conduct itself like theirs, which does reflect very poorly on their manager.

I think the injuries to Tomlin have been the biggest single setback in our season. I think he appeared in 60 out of 67 matches last season, missing 7 games through suspension for two straight red cards. He must have barely played a dozen times this season, and in many of those games he's been striving to regain match fitness and not ready for a full 90 minutes.

At his best he offers a blend of guile and experience up front that is on another level to anyone else in the squad.

blueheaven, Pthorne, Lucy Fur and 4 others like this.
  6. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Hates Meadow Residential

Another game where Dulwich were more offensive, created more goal scoring chances but went behind to a team who converted two of their limited chances. Our conversion ratio is not good. Tonbridge were well pleased with the result because they have a limited budget, small squad and even had to name McKimm as one of their substitutes. Will we finish second in the league or worse?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You can see their Cheaty Mccuntybollocks goalie trying to grab the ball after we scored, no doubt to inspect another 'split seam.'

8. Garamondus

Garamondus New Member

Sour grapes much? Wow.

EDC, gnar182 and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Not from me. Tonbridge deserved the win and played well, but to see the coaching staff colluding with the goalie to fake an injury was cheating, plain and simple.

10. Garamondus

Garamondus New Member

Are you 100% sure that’s what they were doing?

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yep. I saw one of the Tonbridge guys sprint over to the goalie from behind the goal (in front of the Hamlet fans), whisper something in his ear, they both then smiled and moments later the goalie was hit by a mystery injury. This happened when Hamlet were piling on the pressure, so clearly they knew that a pointless bit of waiting around would take the wind out of their sales.

And, amazingly, the goalie was soon fully healed after the physio had run on and, well, done nothing. And, don't forget, this goalie already had form for wasting time and taking the piss (the line about the ball "splitting a seam" bring a prime example).

The daft thing is that he'd had a really good game and there was no need for him to resort to such underhand tactics. The twat.

Nivag likes this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'd be interested in seeing what's being said on the Tonbridge forums (as I can see they've been looking here in numbers) but they choose to cower behind a 'membership only' gate. I did ask to join but never heard back.

I fully understand restricting people's ability to post before registering, but hiding a club's forum completely is not the greatest way to encourage discussion or get new fans involved.

Unless, they've got something to hide, of course.....

spock-s-eyebrow-raise-o.gif

:D

13. Pink Panther

Why shouldn't he "grab the ball" after we scored? It's their kick-off, we can't take it for them. He's not obliged to hand our players the ball for their kick-off.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Because the late scoring team want to run back and get the ball on the centre spot and he - based on his previous conduct - would have wanted to hang on to the ball for as long as possible and perhaps examine it, at length, for more invisible 'split seams.'

Anyway, the ball was nowhere near him so he was hoping to take it off a Hamlet player for more time wasting.

15. Garamondus

Garamondus New Member

I’ll tell you if you want

16. Pink Panther

I'm registered but I haven't bothered logging in to read or argue the toss. I suspect it's a mirror image of the more hysterical comments on this thread, with gloating intensified by accusations of sour grapes and being bad losers.

17. Garamondus

Garamondus New Member

Not really. Mostly moaning about why they can’t play that well against everyone, and comments along the lines of “yeah we were time wasting, but I’m sure they’d do the same in our position.”

Nivag likes this.