Dulwich Hamlet 1-1 Margate, 3pm 28th April (at Tooting & Mitcham's ground)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Shieldsman, Apr 8, 2018.

1. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Wonder what their budget has been this season. Must be a fair few quid to pay the ex-Maidstone crew.

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I was told £12k a week but I always take these things with a pinch of salt, especially since different sources quoted our own budget as either £5k or over £8k a few months back. It seems likely they have the second largest budget in the division by a distance.

StephenMac likes this.
  3. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Then may they continue to underachieve for the next few weeks or so.

Pink Panther likes this.
  4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Really? They certainly never brought that many to Harrow borough when they beat Hendon in the play-off final, after they'd beaten us in the semi. Impressive turn out, but they 'only' brought 500 to that.

5. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

If correct this game against Margate on Saturday 28th April 2018
    marks 55 days of exile from Champion Hill

5th March 2018 - "a day that will live in infamy"

6. Pink Panther

Which is why I said "I doubt they'll bring 1,000 supporters." (Like Maidstone did when they needed a result to be champions, and we had a capacity all-ticket crowd of 3,000 at Champion Hill.)

B.I.G likes this.
  7. Dulwich Mishi

Sorry, I misread/only glanced at your post. I thought you were quoting someone who said they would be bringing a thousand...

8. Shieldsman

Shieldsman Member

Gerrin! I’ve been following tonight on twitter. :)

B.I.G likes this.
  9. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

After the player awards on Saturday, Copa 90 are filming some interviews for their forthcoming documentary on the club and our highs and lows this year.

Can as many fans as possible congregate behind the goal after the awards are presented to form a back drop for the filming. Sunderland fans and fans of other clubs are obviously welcome to stand with us and you may get your mug on what may be the best football documentary of the season!

Cheers!

YTC and Pink Panther like this.
  10. Shieldsman

Shieldsman Member

There’s a documentary on Netflix this summer about our (Sunderland) season. If you’re every thoroughly depressed with your team and feeling sorry for yourself then watch that for an instant boost. :)

11. PartisanDulwich

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Is this moron 12 years old?

13. Dulwich Mishi

Good luck to him...it won't last forever for them...what goes around comes around. He a wind-up merchant of irrelivance. So I couldn't care less what he has to spout. He must be the bastard lovechild of Tamplin with that much class...

Pink Panther likes this.
  14. YTC

YTC Human Man

pretty sure Mark Baker has never made it to Dulwich. Probably too far to go without his parents.

Anyway, Saturday should be a good end of season party. And a nice Dry Run of the Semi Final!

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Incidentally, I'm DJing the Dogstar afterwards and can put a ton of Hamlet fans on the guest list if you want to keep on partying!

16. Pink Panther

I really wish you wouldn't keep copying and pasting random Twitter messages onto here and inviting everyone to be outraged or affronted by them. Some of us don't do Twitter for good reason and have no interest in any of this nonsense.

A halfwit is gloating because his club beat us to the title with a game to spare, despite spending so much money it's equivalent to Manchester City winning the Premier League when every other club spends as much as Burnley or Huddersfield. Can't you just stick to "retweeting" it or whatever so those who do Twitter can comment if they're interested?

Roger D, DanBrown, darryl and 6 others like this.
  17. YTC

YTC Human Man

To be honest, it has absolutely no relevance to this thread, so perhaps something to take on board PartisanDulwich?

18. PartisanDulwich

noted -
    (and in wrong thread)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Pink Panther and YTC like this.
  19. Pink Panther

I'd like to think I'm still up to that at my age. One last hurrah perhaps! What is the timespan?

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I start at 10pm and finish at 4am. One downside - the council demands that people produce scannable photo ID to get in.
    Apart from that, I should be able to swig a large DHFC guest list if required - and if we get enough coming, I'd be happy to slip in ample Hamlet terrace tunes!

21. Pink Panther

Ah! No ID. No driving licence and waiting for a new passport. Seems a bit OTT. I'm 52, lived in the locality all my life, no convictions or cautions.

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's not about age but a compulsory licence condition imposed by the council. It was introduced after mobile phone gangs started targeting the club. I hate this ID stuff. Even the Albert does it on weekend now :(

23. Pink Panther

Oh well. I guess if serious career criminals are causing problems and this negates it, fair enough. Just means I get caught up in the same net. ☹

editor likes this.
  24. PartisanDulwich

so just say Folkestone Invicta won at Billericay (big ask but to ensure 3rd place and home advantage)
    and we beat Margate
    the League would have been decided by just one point

25. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

If anyone would like to wear one of our lovely Unison pink vests and volunteer to do some stewarding tomorrow it would be much appreciated. :)
    Only requirement would be to arrive at the ground by 12.45 for a briefing on fire exits etc....

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  26. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Member

Weather doesn't look great tomorrow. Hopefully we don't have to worry about the pitch. Was wondering though - if the game is postponed and Leiston win or draw (meaning Margate couldn't get into the playoffs) could the teams agree to forfeit the match given it would be a dead rubber? We wouldn't want to play another game before Thursday. Or would the play off game be postponed?

27. Dulwich Mishi

Quite simply...the game won't be postponed. The Tooting pitch will more than be able to cope with any expected showers.

Pink Panther likes this.
  28. Northants Dal

Northants Dal Member

We might as well play a reserve/youth team tomorrow, Margate won't turn around a goal difference of 6 even if Leiston lose

29. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

It puts me off going out in Brixton full stop these days.

30. Pink Panther

Same. I appreciate that certain security measures need to be in place, but I don't need the hassle.

Fingers likes this.