1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet 0-1 Grays Athletic - Monday 17th April 2017, 3pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by AveryDave, Apr 15, 2017.

1. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

A win against the already relegated Grays secures a home tie in the play-off semi-final - so I'm predicting a quiet one...

2. SDE

SDE Well-Known Member

Come on Dulwich!!! Planning my play-off glory hunt visit(s). Pls make it a home tie for the semi. With you. Believe. (You're the greatest!)

the 12th man likes this.
  3. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

stato
    we need 2,500 to beat Seasons attendance record at the new stadium

think it will be close call

Fingers likes this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Giving it a plug first thing in the morning on Buzz.

Fingers likes this.
  5. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Genuine question. If season ticket holders go in via the health club entrance, do they get counted on the attendance figures?

B.I.G likes this.
  6. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

Good question. Some clubs count them as attending even if they don't go. The man who will know is Griff_Turnstile

7. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

All those who come through the Health Club entrance are counted, that includes guests of players', sponsors, club officials and season ticket holders.

scousedom and B.I.G like this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

9. AveryDave

0-0 at half time. Carew missed a penalty, they've hit the post.

the 12th man likes this.
  10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Well that was fucking disappointing.

11. AveryDave

Bitterly disappointing result.

We had plenty of chances to win comfortably, and contrived to let them score in injury time - after being in control of third spot, we could find ourselves finishing fifth, and away to either Bognor or Havant in the semi final if we lose next Saturday and Enfield win.

We missed Beaney, and made too many changes to a team that was playing well - Dumaka and Akinyemi looked off their best, and against a team who were always going to set themselves up to defend, Ming didn't offer enough going forward. We looked so much better when Tomlin, Sekajja and Clunis came on.

Hopefully that's the end of the team being 'freshened up', and we can go with our best side from this point onwards.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    joe1990 and pompeydunc like this.
  12. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

No criticism from me about team selection. We'd have killed for that frontline earlier in the season.
    We just weren't on it and the top three in the supporters' poll didn't have a good game between them. Ho hum, so off to Finchley to try and possibly avoid another Thursday night out in Bognor. Next week should have just been a fun afternoon with nothing riding on it really.

13. AveryDave

Don't disagree with that - but can't help thinking that, assuming everyone in the sixteen today were fit, certain players were picked on the basis that we were playing Grays, rather than putting out our best team on form - if that had been the case, Tomlin and Clunis would have started.

And if Akinyemi had scored, and Ming had set him up, we'd be saying it was excellent use of the squad. But that didn't happen.

Of course, all this gets forgotten if we get a result on Saturday.

14. PartisanDulwich

That hurt...... really hurt
    frustration turning to flat out disappointment
    with a painful sucker punch at the end
    Grays goal keeper made some outstanding saves
    but we wasted most of the second half
    Need for a confident win at Finchley to get back our mojo for the play offs

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Lucy Fur and Nivag like this.
  15. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Them's the margins.

AveryDave likes this.
  16. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Pretty much how I feel.

17. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Pretty wank really. Shit penalty too.

Lucy Fur and Cyclodunc like this.
  18. scousedom

Delighted with today. All of the things you want to get out of the way - missed pen, flat performance, questions over best XI, likeable away goalkeeper - absolutely ticked off. Now we're going to smash everything in our path. Three games, ten nil on aggregate, not an RKelly in sight.

Bugpowder Dust, AndyF, YTC and 4 others like this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And fucking Billericay had a bigger crowd than us.

20. scousedom

Another thing ticked off that will never happen again.
    In any case, those attendees were mainly Canvey fans and / or fictional money-laundering fabrications.

YTC likes this.
  21. NPDHFC

NPDHFC In daß Haus

Third highest home attendance in the league today, behind both H&W vs Bognor (2,307) and Bill£ricay vs Canvey (1,970).

Granted, the first was basically a title decider, and the latter a bank holiday trip to the circus.

dcdulwich and editor like this.
  22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

23. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Everything that i expect from supporting DH for over 30 years. Today i couldnt really care less about the result as we were guaranteed play offs! It doesnt matter who you face its a one off game, bring it on!

24. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

And their message board is open and had more posts in the last week. FFS.

25. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Thanks Mike for all of your match reports (and everyone who contributed to them) and your promo stuff. Makes a massive difference and has no doubt in part lead to the bonkers attendances we get now.

It was brilliant to see Mel get Person of the Year award for all the mental amount of work she does keeping the Mega Container and online orders going. Also Miss B who throws herself behind any volunteering work that needs doing and keeps everyone laughing (Volunteer of the Year Award)

Both lions/mountains/trees/etc

Ronco, clog, AndyF and 2 others like this.
  26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They must have servers bigger than Tamplin's ego to deal with the immense traffic!

2017-04-18_004939.jpg

Fingers likes this.
  27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

And to be fair the last thread was me.

28. PartisanDulwich

Felt like this yesterday

But be assured we will be back and up for the London Senior Cup semi and play offs

#keepthefaith

29. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Really shit performance DD looking a bit like Costa at the moment (never looks happy and missing chances). Probably an away semi would be better anyway. Really felt we should have started with Ibra and Nyren and played 4-4-2

30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

442? OMG!