Dublin Lidl demolished and safe stolen by digger

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Lord Camomile, Mar 2, 2018.

1. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt & dyslexic cnut.

I haven't noticed that, I assumed it was in general. :facepalm:

2. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

Meh, if the alternative is clutching my pearls and bemoaning the destruction of corporate property as if it was put there for the public good then pass me some sky and my good shaking fist.

NoXion, existentialist, Almor and 2 others like this.
  3. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt & dyslexic cnut.

4. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member

Who's moved this into World Politics? A general forum thread if there ever was one :D

Ax^, Badgers and PippinTook like this.
  5. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

Oh yeah....I forgot....
    :D

Badgers likes this.
  6. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Nope.

Moved to current affairs. Just so happens to share space with world politics.

7. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

So Lidl have announced that none of the 30 workers will lose their jobs.
    They've been remarkably upbeat about it all.

In an interesting twist.....
    "Lidl did not confirm whether there are current plans to redevelop the store after the incident.
    "Lidl Ireland had applied to South Dublin County Council for planning permission for the redevelopment of the store on 22 February 2017.
    The application proposed the demolition of the existing single-storey building in order to make way for the construction of a two-storey mono-pitch licenced food store.
    It also proposed the redevelopment and extension of the existing car park to provide an extra 145 car parking spaces.
    Lidl did not provide comment to TheJournal.ie regarding the planning permission application."

Lidl confirms staff members won't lose their jobs following Friday's alleged looting incident

I'd say they're more than half way there now.....