Dorking Wanderers v Hamlet - Saturday 31 August, National South, 3pm k.o.

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Aug 27, 2019.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

I fucking hate plastic pitches.

2. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Flat game. White and Allassani are too similar to play up front together. Game was crying out for Dipo to give them something else to think about - a bit of pace and physical presence.

Ground is dull and pitch crap. A look into our possible future.

I think we should definitely consider making sure that we have a proper think about definitively having a right old repeat attempt at undertaking said action a subsequent time on Tuesday...

editor and takkforalt like this.
  3. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

The ungiven foul against Reise that forced him off inparticular was staggeringly poor from the ref.

A day to forget on just about all levels. My genuine highlight was B.I.G. engaging with the spliffed-up local youth firm in the park beforehand. A meeting of minds.

4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

All the right words?

upload_2019-9-1_12-19-32.jpeg

5. editor

editor hiraethified

6. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Game was calling out for craft in midfield, can't see how an unfit disinterested Dipo was going to change anything.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  7. Well that was an unforgettable ground and Dulwich performance. At what point did our defence not realise Danny Mills wasn’t out there and so long high balls up to Alassani and White made as much sense as a food outlet called Healthy Kitchen churning out standard grease.

Vose, I know you’re a squad player but this is a level beyond you. A good couple of opportunities fell at your feet and you never even tried to get a shot off.

I know there are injuries and sickness but Dorking weren’t all that especially at the back. Their keeper had two saves to make and our keeper yet again will need a new pair of gloves after another heroic performance.

I hope we get some return from illness by Tuesday and if there isn’t then FFS play some balls around the opposition defenders to give our forwards half a chance.

The ‘nil’ we got was generous, the ‘nil’ they got was harsh.

Horrible horrible ground too.

Nivag likes this.
  8. Pink Panther

I didn't think the ground was that bad, maybe I was distracted by the poverty of our performance? Most smaller new builds seem to be similar, with mostly flat areas outside the main stand and small sheltered terraces off centre behind the goals or along the sides. Aveley and Horsham look similar from what I've seen. I've no idea why this is, it's as if they want to discourage people from standing right behind the goals or the dugouts.

9. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

I’d probably be disinterested aswell if I wasn’t picked by the manager no matter how well I played. Personally I’d have him starting every game..

Not a great result but we’re in a great position to push on in the league, always good to learn where we’re going wrong early on.

10. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I had one, it was digestible but bland... a bit like the game!
    But understandable given the raft of players we’ve had out.
    I’m more than happy all things considered with the points total for August.
    Don’t want to tempt fate but...WE ARE STAYING UP,WE ARE STAYING UP!

GregDHFC and Pink Panther like this.
  11. StephenMac

So that's two players' dads on here now. Exciting times.

12. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Now I am confused because I thought Moroccan Sunset was Dipo's dad. Are you saying he's got two dad's?

13. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

ah shit, busted.

StephenMac and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  14. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

I think at one stage or another last season we were all #DiposDad - particularly that game (was it Bath?) when we thought it'd be a great idea to start Thompson and Erskine up front together.

Nivag likes this.
  15. StephenMac

#IamnotDiposdad

16. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Prove it

StephenMac and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  17. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

How well has he played this season then?

And the disinterested bit came before he wasn't playing.

Finally, you didn't answer the bit about being unfit. Do you expect the manager to pick players who are not up to the fitness standards expected?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  18. Honestly it was like spectating football was only a very small consideration to the building design. Everything seemed geared up for revenue first, spectators last. And signs up asking for quietness. Is it a library? Still the Surrey FA looked all tucked up nicely

19. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Shall I start it? Shall I start it? I'll start it.

No - I'm Dipo's dad.

StephenMac likes this.
  20. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

#Dipops

21. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Does that mean that Liam is Gavin’s dad then?

22. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Joe’s dad.

23. Pink Panther